40mm Trident. Could it be true?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

40mm Trident. Could it be true?

Post by srs1286 »

Pulled from CW's facebook page on today's post. Comment section.

Appears some version of the Trident in the 40mm range is due out in May.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Re: 40mm Trident. Could it be true?

Post by Ttf23 »

Interesting - could someone please specifically ask about that at the GTG tomorrow?
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by Rice and Gravy »

I posted that question on the "questions for Chris in Edinburgh" thread. Hoping for confirmation and a few more details tomorrow too. Looking forward to May 1st!
Omega SMP 2254.50
Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Blue
Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 White
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

I wonder how informed this 'Christopher Ward' on FB is. They think the January sale is over while it is still live. And they are talking about a Trident, not specifically the C60.

I'll believe it when I hear it from the real Ward. Maybe it is the new 40mm Trident Adventurer. :D

The thread can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/ChristopherWar ... 7605604771

No worries if you don't have a FB account. You can still follow the discussion without logging in.
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

That’s why I don’t do FB it’s full off s+=t and anyone can post anything
Shame would be very interested in a 40mm trident
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

nordwulf wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:22 pm I wonder how informed this 'Christopher Ward' on FB is. They think the January sale is over while it is still live. And they are talking about a Trident, not specifically the C60.

I'll believe it when I hear it from the real Ward. Maybe it is the new 40mm Trident Adventurer. :D

The thread can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/ChristopherWar ... 7605604771

No worries if you don't have a FB account. You can still follow the discussion without logging in.
Well if you're being technical, they are right. The advertised January sale is over however there is a current sale/clearance (in January) that contains all the same stuff.

I agree I don't believe the information is solid or at least not specific enough to get excited about. They just posted a date with no confirmation of his statement and currently there are multiple Trident ranges so it could really mean anything. Far from confirmation the V3 Trident will be in 42 and 40mm.
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

40mm could be a very popular size, I’d certainly be happy with one.

I wonder what size strap it would be - 20mm might look too slender; 22mm might look too chunky? But I guess that comes down to a combination of lug geometry and strap taper too? The 20mm option seems more these days so I’m betting on that if it ever comes out.

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert

Post by Rice and Gravy »

From real Ward? I'm not understanding the skepticism of them being informed. It's the official facebook page for Christopher Ward Watches and has been since 2012.
Omega SMP 2254.50
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

There is no doubt the FB page is real. It is just the person using that account is not aware there currently is a sale going on, regardless if it is called the January sale or not.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Sorry, I don’t know how all this bookface stuff works, but looking at that screenshot my immediate reaction is that there is no way it is a representative of CW putting those messages up. Someone says they don’t like polished bracelets and the reply is ‘will do, on the mkiii we will go with all brushed’. I don’t buy it. Explain please
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert

Post by Rice and Gravy »

Ah I see. For a few reasons I suspect they are spot on about 40mm C60 Pro though. The May 1 date is consistent with a spring release of a MK3 that has been hinted at repeatedly, and it would make zero sense to make a new C65 Trident that is 1mm smaller than current, so what else besides the Trident c60 could "they" be talking about. Plus, they don't seem to be in the habit of posting misinformation. Sure, it is not absolute confirmation that there will be a 40mm, but in my eyes it sure lends a whole lot of credibility to that rumor.
Omega SMP 2254.50
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert

Post by Rice and Gravy »

TigerChris wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:58 pm Sorry, I don’t know how all this bookface stuff works, but looking at that screenshot my immediate reaction is that there is no way it is a representative of CW putting those messages up. Someone says they don’t like polished bracelets and the reply is ‘will do, on the mkiii we will go with all brushed’. I don’t buy it. Explain please
It is likely not THE Chris Ward, but a representative(s) from the company is certainly the individual(s) responding and posting on their official Christopher Ward Facebook page.
Omega SMP 2254.50
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

There is just something about how those replies are worded/written that makes me doubt that they are from an actual CW representative. A reply about the next sale wouldn’t be just, basically ‘no, sorry’. An actual company rep, I would expect to say that the sale is officially over, but clearance items are still available and then a link to direct them there. The replies look like they’ve been typed by someone who’s hacked the account to me - is this possible?
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Rice & Gravy wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:14 pm
TigerChris wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:58 pm Sorry, I don’t know how all this bookface stuff works, but looking at that screenshot my immediate reaction is that there is no way it is a representative of CW putting those messages up. Someone says they don’t like polished bracelets and the reply is ‘will do, on the mkiii we will go with all brushed’. I don’t buy it. Explain please
It is likely not THE Chris Ward, but a representative(s) from the company is certainly the individual(s) responding and posting on their official Christopher Ward Facebook page.
I did say ‘representative of’. I wouldn’t have thought it would be Chris himself
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert

Post by Rice and Gravy »

What I am saying is a 'representative of' Christopher Ward would be the one posting and responding to posts on the Christopher Ward Official Facebook page. Sure, it's possible it's been hacked, they (facebook) certainly do have that precedent. :lol: I doubt it though.
Omega SMP 2254.50
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1