Poor Service Provided by Christopher Ward

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
mylesd

Poor Service Provided by Christopher Ward

Post by mylesd »

EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, THEY DON'T CARE!
I am sending my Trident watch back to CW for a third time. CW appears to not be able to properly service this watch and fix the issue. It's a clear problem with the hour hand that can't point to the hour correctly. I have sent pictures to them. They assure me that the movement has been replaced and the watch has been QA'd and tested. However, if the time is not accurate, points incorrectly to the hour, how can you send this out and sign off as it being properly inspected and fixed? This is crazy, and just poor service. This has been done twice and I have been promised it would be properly serviced. I think it's time for Christopher Ward personally to step up and just replace this timepiece with a NEW one. I am so disappointed and tired of sending this back to CW yet again. I have asked CW to just replace this watch with a new one so I can move on and stop this merry-go-round. When will this nightmare stop?

Any feedback would be helpful. I have kindly asked Christopher Ward to just replace the watch with a new watch, they have refused. From what I see, it appears nothing has been done to the watch. No new movement, no adjustments etc. If that had done something, how could the results after service repair be the same?
Attachments
Jan14.2018_4PM.jpg
Jan. picture after service, notice hour hand. (3rd time)
Dec10.2018_4PM.jpeg
Dec. picture after service, notice hour hand. (2nd time)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: Poor Service Provided by Christopher Ward

Post by Kip »

So sorry to hear of your troubles. It really doesn't make sense what is going on.

May I suggest you contact the Customer Service Manager Scott Callaway at Scott.Callaway@christopherward.co.uk and/or Christopher Ward himself at chris.ward@christopherward.co.uk to get your issues properly solved.

Please let us know the final outcome.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

Crikey that is poor!
Is it 7pm or 8pm?
I’d demand a new watch too.

This doesn’t fill me with confidence as I’m about to send my C1 GMPR back for repair only after 2.5 months :shock:

Let us know how you get on. :thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

From the website:
If we get things wrong we aim to put them right quickly with the minimum of fuss and hassle for you. And if ever you are unhappy or frustrated with our service you can contact one of the three of us, the founders of the business, at the email addresses below and be sure one or more of us will help you with your problem.

Chris.ward@christopherward.co.uk
Mike.france@christopherward.co.uk
Peter.ellis@christopherward.co.uk
I'd urge you to give that a try first.
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
Bugster87
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Bugster87 »

Good aftersales service can make or break a brand. Things can happen with watch repairs but this level of alignment issue to be sent out and the problem not to be sorted after multiple attempts is totally unacceptable. Will be interesting to see this develop.
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by Paul Drawmer »

I was just thinking that here we go, someone joins the forum just to have a moan....

But that's awful. Wrong to go out in the first place, and just plain horrendous to have it sent back like that after returning for correction. Perhaps CW should have a 'Black Museum' to display where they goofed. Here's a perfect exhibit.
There's always time for one more.
garsy69
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by garsy69 »

Paul Drawmer wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:24 am I was just thinking that here we go, someone joins the forum just to have a moan....

But that's awful. Wrong to go out in the first place, and just plain horrendous to have it sent back like that after returning for correction. Perhaps CW should have a 'Black Museum' to display where they goofed. Here's a perfect exhibit.
I was thinking exactly the same Paul....until I saw the pics :shock:

That needs replacing - no further questions asked imo
C60 Trident COSC Red bezel Sold
C30 COSC LE 409/500
C9 5DA COSC 40mm White - in Sales Corner
C8 Pilot Mk1 - SOLD
Omega Aqua Terra Co-Axial COSC
Seiko 5 SNZG15K1
Casio G Shock MTG-1500B
Dan Henry 1970 Sold
Hamilton Khaki Automatic H70535131
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

Very poor state of affairs with this obvious alignment fault.

'They don't care' is pretty much my own recent experience where I bought a sale item, it arrived with no documentation or certificates and my 2 emails to customer services in the last week have been completely ignored. So it's likely I will return the watch and that's me done with CW for the foreseeable future.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
nigelb001
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nigelb001 »

Yes, I have to admit to initially thinking 'here we go another newbie ranter' but this situation is frankly ridiculous and I can totally understand your annoyance and frustration. Persevere with this, you now have the info to go straight to the top with your complaint to get it sorted. Hope this episode does not put you off the company, this level of incompetence is actually very unusual from CW. Hope this is resolved quickly with a replacement, let us know the outcome.
CW C7 Rapide / Breitling Top Time + Superocean / Laco Memmingen
Tissot PRS516 Auto + PRS516 Chrono / Seiko Padi Turtle
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

Would like to see what cw have to say on this one. utterly ridiculous!
Cheers now, Paul
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

Could anyone mention this at the GTG? Might help :?
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 14
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Galton321 »

I'm no watch maker but isn't it just a question of repositioning the hand and nothing to do with a new movement or watch? Nevertheless, since the issue was the position of the hand returning it blatantly showing the problem still exists is unforgivable.
Illiera
Guru
Guru

Post by Illiera »

I have been experiencing a similar problem with repairs, but assumed it was just a one-off issue for me.

I sent my C4 back for repair as the minute hand on the chronograph was stuck at 29 mins (running or resetting it would wiggle the hand so power was going to it, but nothing would kick it into life). I was advised that the movement needed replacing, £60 for parts and labour. Given the age and the fact I bought it second hand (who knows the life it led before me), I thought fair enough.

I received the watch back, brilliant the chronograph works I thought. Roll forward a few days and I had not worn the watch, so felt like it should get an outing. I look at the time and it is running slow, not by a few seconds, or minutes, but by 7 hours! It's now back with CW for another repair, but you'd think in changing the movement they would check the timing was right, and being off by such a big amount in a short space of time it would have been noticeable.
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher
jalebi

Post by jalebi »

Wow, that is bad.

I've had nothing but great service from CW so far, but I wonder if as volumes go up, the error rate may be following.
SWARMY
CW-watches: 0

Post by SWARMY »

Just thought I would add my thoughts too. I bought a new C65 Trident GMT recently (6th CW watch) and had a similar problem with hour hand alignment (not quite as extreme but up to 12 minutes out). Sent back with full explanation and the correspondence was it had been looked at by customer service and a technician but they couldn’t see what was wrong. It was sent back to me but the problem was still very clear so I resent it back and got exactly the same answer so have now requested a refund under the 60:60. The watch also had it’s 12 o clock batons misaligned which was apparently ‘in-spec’ and nothing could be done about it.

Overall, quite a frustrating experience considering i’d Had no problems with any of my other CE purchases.

Duncan