C60 Homage

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Post Reply
User avatar
Vwatch
Senior
Senior
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:14 am
CW-watches: 8
Location: Singapore / Malaysia

Re: C60 Homage

Post by Vwatch » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:15 am

Jasemh wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:29 pm

The black dial version is nice , I’ve emailed them last week and they said they would consider making the 38mm version


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
nicely done, why not consider 40mm C60 homage? it will be sales like hot cake as CW don't have it now, i bet lot of CW fans will buy 40mm C60 for a try as the price is cheap.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Time is more precious than watches.

User avatar
StrappedUp
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 2:14 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: South Wales

Re: C60 Homage

Post by StrappedUp » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:28 am

^^^ because that would mean them doing their own r&d which is where the money is at.

At the moment, it'll be a case of 3D scanning the existing product and manufacturing it, unless they've somehow got the CAD files for it.
Ryan

User avatar
Vwatch
Senior
Senior
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:14 am
CW-watches: 8
Location: Singapore / Malaysia

Re: C60 Homage

Post by Vwatch » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:01 am

StrappedUp wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:28 am
^^^ because that would mean them doing their own r&d which is where the money is at.

At the moment, it'll be a case of 3D scanning the existing product and manufacturing it, unless they've somehow got the CAD files for it.
it is pretty easy to convert CAD or related file after the 3D scanner screen.
Even without cad file, they can do that with 3D file scaling to become 40mm, or scaling with percentage.
that is so call fast track R&D: Review and Duplicate
Time is more precious than watches.

User avatar
Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 6988
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:45 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: Edinburgh

Re: C60 Homage

Post by Thegreyman » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:00 am

Vwatch wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:15 am
Jasemh wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:29 pm

The black dial version is nice , I’ve emailed them last week and they said they would consider making the 38mm version
nicely done, why not consider 40mm C60 homage? it will be sales like hot cake as CW don't have it now, i bet lot of CW fans will buy 40mm C60 for a try as the price is cheap.
I think most real CW fans will wait for the Trident mk3, expected shortly and now coming in 38/40/42mm sizes I believe.
Patrick

C11 Makaira Pro, C60 FLE Scooter Blue, C60 Kingfisher LE, W11(wife)

Some others + a few on the way

User avatar
StrappedUp
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 2:14 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: South Wales

Re: C60 Homage

Post by StrappedUp » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:13 am

Vwatch wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:01 am
StrappedUp wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:28 am
^^^ because that would mean them doing their own r&d which is where the money is at.

At the moment, it'll be a case of 3D scanning the existing product and manufacturing it, unless they've somehow got the CAD files for it.
it is pretty easy to convert CAD or related file after the 3D scanner screen.
Even without cad file, they can do that with 3D file scaling to become 40mm, or scaling with percentage.
that is so call fast track R&D: Review and Duplicate
Agreed things can be scaled, but there's a little more complexity to it than just scaling an existing model up/down.

Things like crown tube, movement holder/internals, lug widths etc would all have to be modified to correct sizes. I'm not saying it's impossible, but would require effort.
I'm not sure these "manufacturers" are aiming to get into that sort of stuff. I've been wrong before though :wink:

I, for one, would love CW to produce a 40mm C60 as long as the lug-lug length is not overcooked. The current 38mm C60 doesn't work for me anymore, with the diameter/height ratio being a major factor.

Anyway, in the meantime I'm interested to hear Gary's thoughts on the homage.
Ryan

User avatar
sinner777
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1195
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 10:43 am
CW-watches: 1
Location: Zagreb. Croatia
Contact:

Re: C60 Homage

Post by sinner777 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:29 am

StrappedUp wrote:^^^ because that would mean them doing their own r&d which is where the money is at.

At the moment, it'll be a case of 3D scanning the existing product and manufacturing it, unless they've somehow got the CAD files for it.
Erm.

No.

Since the copyright law does not apply in China, the maker of cases for CW and also the maker of dials and hands just continued to produce them or sold blueprints to another company.

Nothing new.


Every single modern object is either made or assembled from parts made in China.




...


...please don't tell me you think CW cases are made in Switzerland or Britain?

User avatar
skimrok
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1205
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:53 pm
CW-watches: 4
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
Location: Folkestone Kent UK

Re: HEIMDALLR TRIDENT C60 MK1? (real-life photo) cost USD80? or USD50?

Post by skimrok » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:48 pm

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:03 pm
skimrok wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:54 pm
gaf1958 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:03 am
We have a discussion thread for these Heimdallr watches here, although you’ve included a lot more photos than that thread :)

viewtopic.php?t=51337
It’s the same thread :lol: :clap:
That's because the new topic / thread from this morning of 'HEIMDALLR TRIDENT C60 MK1?' was merged by The Admin Team into the existing 'C60 Homage' topic, earlier today.

Guy
Guy you guys are too efficient as mods ;) looked funny when I see it for the first time merged when I was reading ;) :)
Steve

C8 Black / C9 Blue LE /C80 Sector 1 / C60 Black
Also other various brands in my collection

User avatar
StrappedUp
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 2:14 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: South Wales

Re: C60 Homage

Post by StrappedUp » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:13 pm

sinner777 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:29 am
StrappedUp wrote:^^^ because that would mean them doing their own r&d which is where the money is at.

At the moment, it'll be a case of 3D scanning the existing product and manufacturing it, unless they've somehow got the CAD files for it.
Erm.

No.

Since the copyright law does not apply in China, the maker of cases for CW and also the maker of dials and hands just continued to produce them or sold blueprints to another company.

Nothing new.


Every single modern object is either made or assembled from parts made in China.




...


...please don't tell me you think CW cases are made in Switzerland or Britain?
Of course they are. I've always been under the impression that Mike France hand carves each case with a pocket knife then Peter Ellis applys a lick of Cape Cod to finish up.
I hope I'm not wrong :?

My comment was in relation to the suggestion that they should produce a 40mm version. This doesn't exist, unless I've been asleep all this time and missed something?? So yeh, they'd need to do some work rather than manufacture a direct copy of an existing product.

Also see my 2nd comment (highlighted) about having the CAD files for the C60 :thumbup:
Ryan

User avatar
sinner777
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1195
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 10:43 am
CW-watches: 1
Location: Zagreb. Croatia
Contact:

Re: C60 Homage

Post by sinner777 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:41 pm

Oh. Missed that one. Pardon me.


It also bugged me, 38 and 42 trident. 40 would be great

User avatar
Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 6988
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:45 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: Edinburgh

Re: C60 Homage

Post by Thegreyman » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:12 pm

StrappedUp wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:13 pm

My comment was in relation to the suggestion that they should produce a 40mm version. This doesn't exist, unless I've been asleep all this time and missed something?? So yeh, they'd need to do some work rather than manufacture a direct copy of an existing product.
sinner777 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:41 pm
Oh. Missed that one. Pardon me.


It also bugged me, 38 and 42 trident. 40 would be great
Gents, good news. As confirmed by Steve (@welshlad) who was at the Edinburgh GTG, the new Trident will come in 38/40/42mm sizes :)
Patrick

C11 Makaira Pro, C60 FLE Scooter Blue, C60 Kingfisher LE, W11(wife)

Some others + a few on the way

User avatar
StrappedUp
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 2:14 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: South Wales

Re: C60 Homage

Post by StrappedUp » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:43 pm

Thanks Patrick, I didn't realise it was confirmed. Thought it was a rumour!

My initial comment re. 40mm was about Heimdallr making one.

I've kind of got my heart set on the 39.5mm Aquis, but a 40mm Trident may have me thinking again.
For me, it needs to be spot on to beat the latest Oris though.
Ryan

User avatar
Clach77
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1712
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:40 am
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
Location: Wasting time on here.

Re: C60 Homage

Post by Clach77 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:56 pm

sinner777 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:29 am
StrappedUp wrote:^^^ because that would mean them doing their own r&d which is where the money is at.

At the moment, it'll be a case of 3D scanning the existing product and manufacturing it, unless they've somehow got the CAD files for it.
Erm.

No.

Since the copyright law does not apply in China, the maker of cases for CW and also the maker of dials and hands just continued to produce them or sold blueprints to another company.

Nothing new.


Every single modern object is either made or assembled from parts made in China.




...


...please don't tell me you think CW cases are made in Switzerland or Britain?
Given that CWL changed case suppliers between the MkI and MkII Tridents, it’s entirely possible that the previous case makers are now selling the same cases to the makers of these watches.
Trying not to buy any more watches...

User avatar
Lawrence
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:22 am
CW-watches: 2

Re: C60 Homage

Post by Lawrence » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:21 pm

Out of nothing more than idle curiosity I ordered one of the above mentioned watches, in all things, green.

Last night I received this email from HIEMDALLR

MESSAGE FROM HEIMDALLR WATCH

You have received a new message from Heimdallr Watch regarding order with the reference ORD-XXXX.

Message: Dear Mr. XX

Did you see the shipping notice?
We are currently in the CNY Holiday phase, our shipper has stopped working and taking new shipppings.

Your order will be sent around 14.2.

Please confirm if its okay for you.

Kind regards
Lily
Sales Manager

Crack me up :-D

I think it puts having to wait a few days for CWL to ship an item in perspective!
Bulova Accutron Gemini
C60 Trident Pro 600 Ombre
C60 Trident Bronze Pro 600
C60 Trident Blue Pro 600
C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE
C65 Trident Black
Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon
Tudor Black Bay Heritage Black

User avatar
Jasemh
Senior
Senior
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Re: C60 Homage

Post by Jasemh » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:30 am

Lawrence wrote:Out of nothing more than idle curiosity I ordered one of the above mentioned watches, in all things, green.

Last night I received this email from HIEMDALLR

MESSAGE FROM HEIMDALLR WATCH

You have received a new message from Heimdallr Watch regarding order with the reference ORD-XXXX.

Message: Dear Mr. XX

Did you see the shipping notice?
We are currently in the CNY Holiday phase, our shipper has stopped working and taking new shipppings.

Your order will be sent around 14.2.

Please confirm if its okay for you.

Kind regards
Lily
Sales Manager

Crack me up :-D

I think it puts having to wait a few days for CWL to ship an item in perspective!
I’ve order a watch from another company and I’ve had a similar response from them , i suppose after all it is chinese new year and they’re entitled holidays the same as we are .
i know its a bummer waiting for a parcel to arrive



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
Jasemh
Senior
Senior
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Re: C60 Homage

Post by Jasemh » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:31 am

Thegreyman wrote:
StrappedUp wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:13 pm

My comment was in relation to the suggestion that they should produce a 40mm version. This doesn't exist, unless I've been asleep all this time and missed something?? So yeh, they'd need to do some work rather than manufacture a direct copy of an existing product.
sinner777 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:41 pm
Oh. Missed that one. Pardon me.


It also bugged me, 38 and 42 trident. 40 would be great
Gents, good news. As confirmed by Steve (@welshlad) who was at the Edinburgh GTG, the new Trident will come in 38/40/42mm sizes :)
I bet the price goes up too


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Reply