C60 Homage

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Tally
Senior
Senior
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:39 pm
CW-watches: 4

Re: C60 Homage

Post by Tally » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:36 pm

](*,)
Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

Sinn 104 ST SA/Omega SMPc/CW C60 600 blue-blue/CW C65 Classic LE #130/Tudor Heritage BBR/CW Trident Vintage/Omega Aqua-Terra/Bremont S300/ Explorer 21470

User avatar
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
Posts: 29515
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:45 pm
CW-watches: 146
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: C60 Homage

Post by Kip » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:19 am

Jasemh wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:49 pm

Don’t blame you , at least you’ll get a decent movement instead of a cheap quartz job cw are churning out from china

First of all, CW watches and movements are built/finished in Switzerland. CW has used nothing but Swiss movements regardless of whether quartz or mechanical since inception.

Second...for someone who entered this place saying they were hooked on CW, I fail to understand your negative offensive on the company.

Third... I think a cooling off period is required.

Fourth.... although I will consider the OP's watch a homage, there is a reason that fakes/replicas are not allowed discussions here. The way this topic went bears proof.

Fifth.... although I am still working on the survey report, one of the things that the vast majority of people are tired of reading on this forum is negativity about a variety of things. Constructive criticism is okay, but the kind of crap thrown about in this topic stops now.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Image

User avatar
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 7594
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:43 pm
CW-watches: 10
Location: UK

Re: C60 Homage

Post by nbg » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:13 am

Lawrence wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:56 pm
Before things really go off the rails on this topic I think there's a real difference between knock offs which usually pretend to be the original (fakes) and homards :D which.....
Yep a real difference. :)

The knock off is a fake, whereas the homard is a Lobster! :lol:

Sorry couldn’t resist. :)

Still does bring to mind a meal on holiday, when my brother in law ordered a lobster and received a crayfish.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK

0uatiOW
Guru
Guru
Posts: 364
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:46 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: Cambridgeshire

Re: C60 Homage

Post by 0uatiOW » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:36 am

nbg wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:56 pm
Still does bring to mind a meal on holiday, when my brother in law ordered a lobster and received a crayfish.
In many parts of the world a crayfish is a lobster, assuming you mean a big rock lobster or spiny lobster (the ones without claws) and not the tiny little fresh water things you get in New Orleans. I remember being in Fremantle in WA, at a place called Joe’s Fish Shack, whether they were terrific value, grilled, butter, salad. Mmmm mmmmm.

Good joke too.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.

User avatar
gaf1958
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 9956
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:24 am
CW-watches: 23
Location: Sunshine Coast, Australia (ɐᴉɭɐɹʇsnɐ)

Re: C60 Homage

Post by gaf1958 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:54 pm

Mine has arrived and I’ll give a very quick summary here - I’ll do a longer and more detailed run through in a couple of days, as I’m busy at the moment. I’ll compare measurements with a set of digital calipers etc, and I plan to see if a trident bracelet will fit the case.

I was prepared to be disappointed on opening the very modest box, but it’s a solid looking bit of work and I was quite pleasantly surprised. The case is all brushed, no polishing anywhere, but it really does look to be a C60 in all respects other than the sharks front and back...

More in a day or two, but here are a couple of teaser pics next to my C60 Vintage...

Image

Image
CWL C1+2xC3+4xC6+3xC7+C11+2xC60K+3xC60T+5xC65+C70+C600
Omega Ω 3xSpeedy+5xSeamaster+DeVille+AT+Dynamic
Zenith+Tudor+2xOris65+4xMagrette+18xSeiko+6xVintage
B&R+Farer+Gavox+Hamilton+LumTec+Mido+MkII+2xSteinhart+2xVisitor+more
Family 11xCW+2xΩ

albionphoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:07 pm
CW-watches: 5
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: C60 Homage

Post by albionphoto » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:58 pm

Looking forward to your thoughts in a couple of days. Thanks.
Mark
Muehle Glashutte, Omega, Oris and Christopher Ward.

Blackdog
Junior
Junior
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:47 am
CW-watches: 2
Location: Netherlands

Re: C60 Homage

Post by Blackdog » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:38 am

Jasemh wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:07 pm
All i said was the c60 homage was good value for money which it is , sapphire crystal, screwdown crown , good quality seiko movement less than $200

Its a good value watch regardless
I tend to disagree.
These homage/knockoffs or whatever are good value until they fail. Either because there's some debris inside the case or because they let water in because of a pinched gasket, or any other reason. And then you're on your own, with a watch that is not economically worth fixing.

The way I see it, these companies that show so little respect for other companies' designs and efforts, usually show the same level of respect for the product they make.

I'd rather spend that (or maybe not much more) on an actual Seiko. A brand with a well deserved reputation and an identity of their own. For me, that's much better value.

User avatar
Viognier
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2903
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 8:16 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: Canada

Re: C60 Homage

Post by Viognier » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:48 pm

Blackdog wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:38 am

I tend to disagree.
These homage/knockoffs or whatever are good value until they fail. Either because there's some debris inside the case or because they let water in because of a pinched gasket, or any other reason. And then you're on your own, with a watch that is not economically worth fixing.

The way I see it, these companies that show so little respect for other companies' designs and efforts, usually show the same level of respect for the product they make.

I'd rather spend that (or maybe not much more) on an actual Seiko. A brand with a well deserved reputation and an identity of their own. For me, that's much better value.
Well Stated.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy

User avatar
Jasemh
Senior
Senior
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Re: C60 Homage

Post by Jasemh » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:04 am

gaf1958 wrote:Mine has arrived and I’ll give a very quick summary here - I’ll do a longer and more detailed run through in a couple of days, as I’m busy at the moment. I’ll compare measurements with a set of digital calipers etc, and I plan to see if a trident bracelet will fit the case.

I was prepared to be disappointed on opening the very modest box, but it’s a solid looking bit of work and I was quite pleasantly surprised. The case is all brushed, no polishing anywhere, but it really does look to be a C60 in all respects other than the sharks front and back...

More in a day or two, but here are a couple of teaser pics next to my C60 Vintage...

Image

Image
Lovely looking watch , worth the money Image

tjcdas
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:24 am

Re: C60 Homage

Post by tjcdas » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:39 pm

Blackdog wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:38 am
Jasemh wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:07 pm
All i said was the c60 homage was good value for money which it is , sapphire crystal, screwdown crown , good quality seiko movement less than $200

Its a good value watch regardless
I tend to disagree.
These homage/knockoffs or whatever are good value until they fail. Either because there's some debris inside the case or because they let water in because of a pinched gasket, or any other reason. And then you're on your own, with a watch that is not economically worth fixing.

The way I see it, these companies that show so little respect for other companies' designs and efforts, usually show the same level of respect for the product they make.

I'd rather spend that (or maybe not much more) on an actual Seiko. A brand with a well deserved reputation and an identity of their own. For me, that's much better value.
I tend to disagree, anyone who mods watches would be able to swap out a NH35 movement for just $30.

Plus the NH35/36 and 4R35/35 are the work horse movements for Seiko and and dozens if not hundreds of micro brands.

User avatar
Kansas City Milkman
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 821
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:08 pm
CW-watches: 7
Location: Surrey

Re: C60 Homage

Post by Kansas City Milkman » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:31 pm

Cheap does not necessarily = value for money. It'll take time to establish accuracy, durability, reliability, customer service etc. Only then can VFM be called with confidence

User avatar
Jasemh
Senior
Senior
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Re: C60 Homage

Post by Jasemh » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:37 pm

Kansas City Milkman wrote:Cheap does not necessarily = value for money. It'll take time to establish accuracy, durability, reliability, customer service etc. Only then can VFM be called with confidence
Ok then the c60 homage is a load of rubbish and is only worth $20 everyone happy now Image

User avatar
Kansas City Milkman
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 821
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:08 pm
CW-watches: 7
Location: Surrey

Re: C60 Homage

Post by Kansas City Milkman » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:29 pm

Jasemh wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:37 pm
Kansas City Milkman wrote:Cheap does not necessarily = value for money. It'll take time to establish accuracy, durability, reliability, customer service etc. Only then can VFM be called with confidence
Ok then the c60 homage is a load of rubbish and is only worth $20 everyone happy now Image
Read the post again, carefully

User avatar
Jasemh
Senior
Senior
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Re: C60 Homage

Post by Jasemh » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:52 pm

Kansas City Milkman wrote:
Jasemh wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:37 pm
Kansas City Milkman wrote:Cheap does not necessarily = value for money. It'll take time to establish accuracy, durability, reliability, customer service etc. Only then can VFM be called with confidence
Ok then the c60 homage is a load of rubbish and is only worth $20 everyone happy now Image
Read the post again, carefully
I wasn’t referring to your post

User avatar
Kansas City Milkman
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 821
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:08 pm
CW-watches: 7
Location: Surrey

Re: C60 Homage

Post by Kansas City Milkman » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:54 pm

OK, I clearly mistook that based on you quoting my post in your reply......

Post Reply