Senior
Senior

Re: C60 Homage

Post by Jasemh »

Jasemh wrote:
Thegreyman wrote:
Jasemh wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:41 pm
You can’t compare them really as the Cw is about $700 more ,
There’s certainly nothing wrong with Japanese movements , they really do go for years, id definitely pay the money for one
According to Kip's figures above, the CW is $556 more. And if you can't compare them, why are you doing so?

If you'd definitely pay the money for the Japanese movement then carry on, but why bother registering for the CW forum only to then slag off CW for being overpriced?
CW clearly are overpriced thats why they have so many sales throughout the year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Actually KIP is wrong the cw trident auto is $830 this is the nearest to the c60 heimdallr ($159) $671 difference , you could by 3 seiko skx’s and still have enough to add sapphire crystals to them Image

Jasemh
Senior
Senior

Post by Jasemh »

Mikkei4 wrote:
Viognier wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:05 pm
Jasemh wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:27 am $159 for the automatic , approx $880 for the chris ward c60 automatic !!! Just goes to show how profit chrisward are making,

A few years ago they used to be a really good value for money watch , now with the prices they are asking it forces you look at other brands . After all CW are just a bigger microbrand buying in parts to assemble, but they have clever marketing to make them seem more premium . It goes to show as they have quite a few sales during the year and are still making profit

Joins forum in December 2018 and making unfounded cheap shots in January 2019....classy
This guy has been having a pop since day 1.
The trouble with this forum is you’re not allowed to say anything negative about chrisward

nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Jasemh wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:12 pm Actually KIP is wrong the cw trident auto is $830 this is the nearest to the c60 heimdallr ($159) $671 difference , you could by 3 seiko skx’s and still have enough to add sapphire crystals to them Image
Actually, you are wrong..
https://www.christopherward.com/c60-trident-pro-600-209

We say plenty of negative things about CW watches and the company. But if you're just here to bash and speak negative about the company and watches, this may not be the forum for you.
Jasemh
Senior
Senior

Post by Jasemh »

nordwulf wrote:
Jasemh wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:12 pm Actually KIP is wrong the cw trident auto is $830 this is the nearest to the c60 heimdallr ($159) $671 difference , you could by 3 seiko skx’s and still have enough to add sapphire crystals to them Image
Actually, you are wrong..
https://www.christopherward.com/c60-trident-pro-600-209

We say plenty of negative things about CW watches and the company. But if you're just here to bash and speak negative about the company and watches, this may not be the forum for you.
Thats £ not $

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jasemh
Senior
Senior

Post by Jasemh »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

^^^ The C60 on leather strap is $755 as you could have seen in the link that I posted.

One could argue that Rolex is overpriced as well because you can buy more than 10 x C60 for the price of one Submariner. And your comparison between the SKX and C60 is the same.
Jasemh
Senior
Senior

Post by Jasemh »

nordwulf wrote:^^^ The C60 on leather strap is $755 as you could have seen in the link that I posted.

One could argue that Rolex is overpriced as well because you can buy more than 10 x C60 for the price of one Submariner. And your comparison between the SKX and C60 is the same.
Both good watches is there field the skx and the subby

Jasemh
Senior
Senior

Post by Jasemh »

oberonfoto wrote:Will be interesting to hear what Chris says about it on Saturday.
Show him the price and the spec, interesting to hear what he says Image

MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

I strongly suspect that if one were to hold one of these pseudo Tridents to a CW, the quality gap would be immediately apparent to most people and any suggestion of a close comparison would seem silly.

Alpha watches are another good example of a manufacturer making homage/rip-offs and they look good from afar, but far from good on close inspection. We could also make the comparison regarding price of the Alpha Explorer vs Rolex at 50 times the cost.
The differences would again be obvious to all, but many would argue that perhaps not 50x the cost worth of differences and as for rip offs, is it the Alpha for being a printed name away from a fake or the overpriced Rolex?
Jasemh
Senior
Senior

Post by Jasemh »

MarkingTime wrote:I strongly suspect that if one were to hold one of these pseudo Tridents to a CW, the quality gap would be immediately apparent to most people and any suggestion of a close comparison would seem silly.

Alpha watches are another good example of a manufacturer making homage/rip-offs and they look good from afar, but far from good on close inspection. We could also make the comparison regarding price of the Alpha Explorer vs Rolex at 50 times the cost.
The differences would again be obvious to all, but many would argue that perhaps not 50x the cost worth of differences and as for rip offs, is it the Alpha for being a printed name away from a fake or the overpriced Rolex?
I had a rolex explorer 1 rep with an eta clone movement sapphire crystal etc kept perfect time , the bracelet and clasp was actually better than the chrisward one i bought , that doesn’t mean im not happy with the cw one but it goes to show you cant knock other watches until you’ve owed them

when you mention homages , rip offs , reps or whatever you want to call them is doesn’t always mean you’re getting a bad watch for your money , thats why im open minded about watches i’ll give anything a go if the price is right

After all i think all watch manufacturers have copied each others designs for years just with slight differences

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Jasemh wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:15 pm
Mikkei4 wrote:
Viognier wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:05 pm

Joins forum in December 2018 and making unfounded cheap shots in January 2019....classy
This guy has been having a pop since day 1.
The trouble with this forum is you’re not allowed to say anything negative about chrisward

In the past here's been plenty of criticism of CW from Forum members that have been around for longer than you have and they talk more sense than you ever have. You twisted what I said some posts ago to suit your own aims and have contradicted yourself many times in your own posts.
You've stated that CW continue to make profits when their Company returns state otherwise as has been explained to you.

As @thegreyman has so eloquently said :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

First of all I was not incorrect. I compared prices for a strap model of each brand watch.

If you are going to compare watches by price only then every watch I have ever owned is a waste of money. Why? Because the quartz watch I got for free, many years ago, in a McDonald's happy meal (for my son) keeps near perfect time. Why should I want anything else? isn't that the prime function of a watch...to tell us the time.

You seem to be digging yourself into a hole to try and validate your initial comments. I might suggest we all just accept that you are willing to take a chance on a replica/knockoff etc where most of will not. Nor are replica discussions permitted here.

I for one one shall await Gary's report since he has taken a punt on one. It is time to move on from this.

As to CW sales... they are not because of "being overpriced". They are held because this is how they move clearance models and nearly new items. They do also have special promotions and/or coupon offerings at various times. The web site is their storefront so they advertise sales on it. Just like you would if you had a brick and mortar store.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

There’s a tune that I can’t seem to get out of my head. It’s from the Sound of music...
...now what were those words?
Steve.
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Kip doth protest too much; no shame in buying a happy meal for yourself as an adult. Just don't make a habit of it :lol: :lol:
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

Happy meals are okay for elevenses but you really do need to go back for the double burger, large fries and at least 9 nuggets for lunch.
Steve.