LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: C60 Homage

Post by Kip »

Jasemh wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:49 pm
Don’t blame you , at least you’ll get a decent movement instead of a cheap quartz job cw are churning out from china

First of all, CW watches and movements are built/finished in Switzerland. CW has used nothing but Swiss movements regardless of whether quartz or mechanical since inception.

Second...for someone who entered this place saying they were hooked on CW, I fail to understand your negative offensive on the company.

Third... I think a cooling off period is required.

Fourth.... although I will consider the OP's watch a homage, there is a reason that fakes/replicas are not allowed discussions here. The way this topic went bears proof.

Fifth.... although I am still working on the survey report, one of the things that the vast majority of people are tired of reading on this forum is negativity about a variety of things. Constructive criticism is okay, but the kind of crap thrown about in this topic stops now.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Lawrence wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:56 pm Before things really go off the rails on this topic I think there's a real difference between knock offs which usually pretend to be the original (fakes) and homards :D which.....
Yep a real difference. :)

The knock off is a fake, whereas the homard is a Lobster! :lol:

Sorry couldn’t resist. :)

Still does bring to mind a meal on holiday, when my brother in law ordered a lobster and received a crayfish.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

nbg wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:56 pm Still does bring to mind a meal on holiday, when my brother in law ordered a lobster and received a crayfish.
In many parts of the world a crayfish is a lobster, assuming you mean a big rock lobster or spiny lobster (the ones without claws) and not the tiny little fresh water things you get in New Orleans. I remember being in Fremantle in WA, at a place called Joe’s Fish Shack, whether they were terrific value, grilled, butter, salad. Mmmm mmmmm.

Good joke too.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Mine has arrived and I’ll give a very quick summary here - I’ll do a longer and more detailed run through in a couple of days, as I’m busy at the moment. I’ll compare measurements with a set of digital calipers etc, and I plan to see if a trident bracelet will fit the case.

I was prepared to be disappointed on opening the very modest box, but it’s a solid looking bit of work and I was quite pleasantly surprised. The case is all brushed, no polishing anywhere, but it really does look to be a C60 in all respects other than the sharks front and back...

More in a day or two, but here are a couple of teaser pics next to my C60 Vintage...

CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Looking forward to your thoughts in a couple of days. Thanks.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Blackdog
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Blackdog »

Jasemh wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:07 pm All i said was the c60 homage was good value for money which it is , sapphire crystal, screwdown crown , good quality seiko movement less than $200

Its a good value watch regardless
I tend to disagree.
These homage/knockoffs or whatever are good value until they fail. Either because there's some debris inside the case or because they let water in because of a pinched gasket, or any other reason. And then you're on your own, with a watch that is not economically worth fixing.

The way I see it, these companies that show so little respect for other companies' designs and efforts, usually show the same level of respect for the product they make.

I'd rather spend that (or maybe not much more) on an actual Seiko. A brand with a well deserved reputation and an identity of their own. For me, that's much better value.
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Blackdog wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:38 am
I tend to disagree.
These homage/knockoffs or whatever are good value until they fail. Either because there's some debris inside the case or because they let water in because of a pinched gasket, or any other reason. And then you're on your own, with a watch that is not economically worth fixing.

The way I see it, these companies that show so little respect for other companies' designs and efforts, usually show the same level of respect for the product they make.

I'd rather spend that (or maybe not much more) on an actual Seiko. A brand with a well deserved reputation and an identity of their own. For me, that's much better value.
Well Stated.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Jasemh
Senior
Senior

Post by Jasemh »

gaf1958 wrote:Mine has arrived and I’ll give a very quick summary here - I’ll do a longer and more detailed run through in a couple of days, as I’m busy at the moment. I’ll compare measurements with a set of digital calipers etc, and I plan to see if a trident bracelet will fit the case.

I was prepared to be disappointed on opening the very modest box, but it’s a solid looking bit of work and I was quite pleasantly surprised. The case is all brushed, no polishing anywhere, but it really does look to be a C60 in all respects other than the sharks front and back...

More in a day or two, but here are a couple of teaser pics next to my C60 Vintage...

Lovely looking watch , worth the money Image
tjcdas

Post by tjcdas »

Blackdog wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:38 am
Jasemh wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:07 pm All i said was the c60 homage was good value for money which it is , sapphire crystal, screwdown crown , good quality seiko movement less than $200

Its a good value watch regardless
I tend to disagree.

I tend to disagree, anyone who mods watches would be able to swap out a NH35 movement for just $30.

Plus the NH35/36 and 4R35/35 are the work horse movements for Seiko and and dozens if not hundreds of micro brands.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Cheap does not necessarily = value for money. It'll take time to establish accuracy, durability, reliability, customer service etc. Only then can VFM be called with confidence
Jasemh
Senior
Senior

Post by Jasemh »

Kansas City Milkman wrote:Cheap does not necessarily = value for money. It'll take time to establish accuracy, durability, reliability, customer service etc. Only then can VFM be called with confidence
Ok then the c60 homage is a load of rubbish and is only worth $20 everyone happy now Image
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Jasemh wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:37 pm
Kansas City Milkman wrote:Cheap does not necessarily = value for money. It'll take time to establish accuracy, durability, reliability, customer service etc. Only then can VFM be called with confidence
Ok then the c60 homage is a load of rubbish and is only worth $20 everyone happy now Image
Read the post again, carefully
Jasemh
Senior
Senior

Post by Jasemh »

Kansas City Milkman wrote:
Jasemh wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:37 pm
Read the post again, carefully
I wasn’t referring to your post
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

OK, I clearly mistook that based on you quoting my post in your reply......