New Purchase-Is This Acceptable?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
nordwulf

Re: New Purchase-Is This Acceptable?

Post by nordwulf »

Am I the only one seeing the hour hand is not lining up exactly with the hour marker? Maybe it's the angle the picture was taken but this is not an uncommon 'feature' on CW watches.
Rebnats wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:38 pm Image
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

I’m in accordance with the masses here - send it back but with a polite note thanking them for their prompt solution to the strap error (their error) and your desire that the lume error can be resolved in a similar mannner.
C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Superthrust
Senior
Senior

Post by Superthrust »

It's certainly a blemish that would affect my enjoyment of the watch, it's a really nice piece and you want to experience it at it's best... send it back!
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

nordwulf wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:41 pm Am I the only one seeing the hour hand is not lining up exactly with the hour marker? Maybe it's the angle the picture was taken but this is not an uncommon 'feature' on CW watches.
No you're not but it is nearly 30 seconds past the hour and there's always a little play in the movement. you are just ODC. :jg:
Steve.
Rebnats
Senior
Senior

Post by Rebnats »

Thermexman wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:32 pm
nordwulf wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:41 pm Am I the only one seeing the hour hand is not lining up exactly with the hour marker? Maybe it's the angle the picture was taken but this is not an uncommon 'feature' on CW watches.
No you're not but it is nearly 30 seconds past the hour and there's always a little play in the movement. you are just ODC. :jg:
It’s just the camera angle. I had no problem with the hands on this watch lining up.

Just a further update, CW only offered me a repair for the watch although I sent them the above image of the blemish. No mention of a new replacement watch or how long they needed the watch back to rectify. In light of this I have requested a full refund to which they have agreed. Awaiting shipping returns etc. Shame really.
C60 Trident Bronze Pro 600
C65 Trident GMT.

Tag Heuer McLaren .
Tissot Classic T Touch.
Seiko Starfish.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

You could just return this one and order another. There are more in Nearly New: https://www.christopherward.com/events/ ... mer-8bb12b

Or even a new SS in 50% off: https://www.christopherward.com/events/ ... mer-00c9a4
Rob s
Senior
Senior

Post by Rob s »

Great looking watch but id want it fixed or replaced.
danielcj

Post by danielcj »

Really sad to see this kind of QC issue..

Come to think of it my first C60 had a speck of dust under the sapphire which I was able to resolve by myself. My second C60 was DOA and wouldn’t wind automatically and I had to have them send me a new one while I shipped back the one in hand. That was a major inconvenience and required constant emails back and forth to resolve.

Now I’m thinking of the new C65 but am having second thoughts just going through this forum and seeing that these kinds of issues aren’t so isolated.