UPDATE CW lume quality and the C65 Trident GMT

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Jasemh
Senior
Senior

Re: UPDATE CW lume quality and the C65 Trident GMT

Post by Jasemh » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:35 pm

Willf wrote:For those whom have been following this thread I started and my issues over the lume on the C75 GMT here as promised is a section from one of the emails I’ve received from Chris and Jorg Bader;

The most important factor for lume brightness is volume. Without big volume the best material or the best application process doesn’t help.
On the C65 GMT dial and hands we have a very low volume of lume due to the design. It’s always a trade off in product development between legibility and aesthetic, I agree with you we maybe have gone a bit too far on it. In March we will introduce another C65 GMT with white lume as we want to give the watch more legibility. In terms of color we decided to give the current model a vintage look with the old radium even though we have to take a hit on the brightness of the super luminova material. At the moment I am still in holidays until next week but I will have a look at the watch again by myself. Concerning marketing, I do agree with you that we probably shouldn’t market it as a dive watch because the watch is not a pure diver, it’s a more a sport watch. We will discuss this point internally with our marketing department.
Why don’t CW use tritium tubes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thermexman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:54 pm

^^^They have, on occasion.

Steve.

StrapMeister
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by StrapMeister » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:45 pm

nauf wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:56 am
I personally am happy with my C65 Trident GMT. By looking at the technical specs, I know that this model is deliberately designed for vintage looks and this fits the C65 design philosophy (based on dive watch design circa 1965). And so I don’t have any issues with the lume.
^^^^^
I'm happy too and of the same opinion, i.e., it's a Vintage diver with the emphasis on the look :thumbup:
C2 FLE; C3 FLE; C5 FLE; C6 FLE; C9 FLE; C10 FLE; C60 FLE Scooter Blue; C60 FLE Red JAG.
C60 Trident 316L LE (Orange, Blue, Yellow); C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE.