Discuss Christopher Ward watches
peter160866
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Will There Be A 2019 FLE ?

Post by peter160866 »

Discuss ..........
C60 - Khaki, Early Malvern, 2015 LE, C10 Aviator, Jump Hour, Black Trident Vintage
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: Will There Be A 2019 FLE ?

Post by Thermexman »

peter160866 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:05 am Discuss ..........
.........also known as one ‘s’ too many for an Olympic sport.
Steve.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

No
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

I bet the FB folks do one.

The forum can't be bothered.
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

hughesyn wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:46 am I bet the FB folks do one.

In your opinion
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

hughesyn wrote:I bet the FB folks do one.

Bit harsh, and that sort of negativity is exactly what will prevent any more from happening.

To be fair, the processes were slightly different. The forum LEs have been more in-depth, with so many changes that we essentially dilute the purchaser pool with each change made.

The FB LE was a relatively simple change of a top selling watch and as such there was little chance of it not selling. (This is not meant to be disparaging, I am a big fan of the FB LE. )

I for one would still like a forum LE to be produced.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

Not my negativity.
I've been very positive about another FLE and repeatedly shot down.

There is no appetite of the mods to push for one, and nobody else is stepping forward.
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Anyone can arrange a custom run of watches with CW, minimum 50 I think?
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

The idea/desire for a ‘sports watch’ based on the C7 case with case colour options and a non-motorsports dial cropped up over the last couple of days.

Just chucking an idea out there...
Tim
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

A C60 looking watch in the coloured C7 case and im in (probably)
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

golfjunky wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:42 pm A C60 looking watch in the coloured C7 case and im in (probably)
Me too! :thumbup:

Following the amount of returns etc.. of the previous FLE though, I don't think Kip or the mods are are very keen on heading up the process for another (I'm sure they will correct me if I'm wrong there). In a way you can't blame them. The way I see it is that an FLE is at a premium price, RRP plus an additional cost for the customisation, and with the volume of sales/vouchers etc.. most people on here are very reluctant to pay RRP for any Christopher Ward watch. This would then probably mean using a quartz as a base in order to keep cost down, which doesn't appeal to many. Having said all that the Facebook groups Trident looked fantastic and, I believe, sold out with a waiting list for cancellations. Also, FLE's historically seem to have done very well, so should we as a forum really throw the towel in due to one seemingly 'failed project'?
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

wasnt the CWE FB one on a 'no return' basis?
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

golfjunky wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:44 pm wasnt the CWE FB one on a 'no return' basis?
Good point, any future FLE should be on a no return and no refund of deposit basis.
Patrick

Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Post by Macdaz »

I'd love to participate in a forum project and help produce a 2019LE some of the ideas above sound great. I'd also potentially be prepared to pay a bit more. I think that might apply to lots of us. But, and herein lies the rub, I'd only be prepared to pay more if the final result was perfect and exactly what I wanted it to be, and the chances of achieving that with a watch designed by a committee come in two sizes, slim and fat.

Consequently, the number left at the end is always likely to be significantly lower than the count of enthusiastic participants at the start. And I've been guilty of that. I'll be in at the start with a bag full of hope, but as soon as things take an unwelcome turn the cash would go back in my pocket.

Now, if we can just find a way to stop that happening, we'll nail it!!!
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

I’ve not been involved in limited editions before, but I have in a previous life worked in product development/management and understand that making more than basic cosmetic changes can result in very rapid cost escalation, even more so for low volume production runs.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the FLE’s I’ve seen appear to be basically existing models with some relatively low cost cosmetic changes. To design and build something really different could end up being quite expensive.

Given that the high cost of a customised auto could put off a lot of people, would a lower cost quartz offering attract more commitment? It’s very easy to be dismissive of quartz but there are some good and popular watches out there and something truly unique might outweigh any prejudice against quartz.

For example: take the Trident 300 movement/dial and put it into a C7 case; possibly without a bezel/or with a fixed bezel; maybe use a different handset and then add some colour accents that can be matched to the mid case.

Something like that would still be relatively expensive (for a quartz) but nothing like an auto, and have a real identity.
Tim