January Sale 2019

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: January Sale 2019

Post by Mikkei4 »

StrappedUp wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:07 pm The old style has multiple holes for fine adjustment using a tool and springbar.
The 3mm diver extension folds out giving a little more size to go over a wetsuit or similar.

The new is obviously the ratcheting adjustment.
Thank you. I was correct to order the new version so will hold out for 1 of those.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Photos of a CW Diver's extention, not sure or the length.

This was on an early C60 Trident 600 Chronometer (SH21) that one of the CWE guys was wearing today.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Ok, so not in the official “January Sale”, but I did order a colourful little number from the clearance section early last week.
No issues with PayPal or dispatch as far as I am aware, phone conversations with CW and emails to confirm the order all seem perfect and confirmed everything I needed to know.
The fly in the ointment has been DPD couriers. My watch was meant to be delivered yesterday (after they missed their original Friday delivery) and they even failed the Saturday one too. Last time I spoke with them they declared it as “lost”, but I need to wait a week before they officially log it. That’s now 4 deliveries in a row (2 from CW, 2 from other senders) that DPD have messed up in one way or another.
I don’t remember such a problem back in the bad old days when my first CW watches were delivered my Royal Mail? I might drop the Maidenhead office a line with my next order and ask if they can employ a different delivery courier.

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

Those DPD guys have occasionally been known to toss my packages over my gate and leave them in the rain. Not with a watch thank goodness but clothes for sure.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I think a lot depends on local conditions with DPD relating to the delivery address and reliability of the local depot.

With all my CW deliveries from DPD, and there have been quite a few, they have been 100% reliable.

As to deliveries when you're not in, DPD (and other couriers) have alternatives of deliver to neighbours or deliver to drop off point. Why not use these?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
nigelb001
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by nigelb001 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:49 am I think a lot depends on local conditions with DPD relating to the delivery address and reliability of the local depot.

Guy
This may be the case. Glitches will inevitably happen occasionally with any courier and this is something CW cannot have control of.
Over the last few years I have had many packages delivered by DPD (must be into three figures by now) and have never had a single problem. I get a one hour window sent by email and text and always make sure I am at home or direct them to a neighbour. I'm very happy with DPD's service, always select DPD as an option if offered and am on first name terms with the local driver :lol:
CW C7 Rapide / Breitling Top Time + Superocean / Laco Memmingen
Tissot PRS516 Auto + PRS516 Chrono / Seiko Padi Turtle
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

nigelb001 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:51 am
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:49 am I think a lot depends on local conditions with DPD relating to the delivery address and reliability of the local depot.

Guy
This may be the case. Glitches will inevitably happen occasionally with any courier and this is something CW cannot have control of.
Over the last few years I have had many packages delivered by DPD (must be into three figures by now) and have never had a single problem. I get a one hour window sent by email and text and always make sure I am at home or direct them to a neighbour. I'm very happy with DPD's service, always select DPD as an option if offered and am on first name terms with the local driver :lol:
I'm exactly the same. It's even convenient knowing roughly where the driver is via the map, just in case you do need to fit a quick dog walk/trip to the shops in around your parcel delivery window!
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Czechia
Senior
Senior

Post by Czechia »

UPDATE!

Well, my two watches arrived but I made a mistake when ordering the C5 Malvern Mk III - I thought I ordered the Blue Steel version, but upon opening the box it was the Black dial version - surprised! So I checked the order number on my account and aganst the website and I made the mistake when placing the order. Initially gutted not to have the Steel Blue but after 24 hours wearing the black fial, I must say it FEELS AND LOOKS QUALITY.

It's a really beautiful piece of work. I would thoroughly recommend the C5 Malvern Mk III automatic, looks really high class on and the dial feels bigger than 39mm. I also picked up the C3 FLE 2017 and it has the same size dial 39mm but feels smaller tan the C5 Automatic - it's nice to have the FLE 2017, but on comparision the feel of the C5 Mk III feels and looks a class above.

Overall advice to new CW enthusiasts, always go for higher quality when you can. Automatics over Quartz movements anyday. The difference is more much tangible in the flesh.

Pictures up in the next few days.

Moonphase will be the next purchase in the summer. :)
Czechia
Senior
Senior

Post by Czechia »

C5 Malvern Automatic Mk III Black - in all it's glory, not even 24 hours on the wrist. Not even 350 quid in the NN - bargain!
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations :)
The black dial C5 and also the C3 is a fabulous watch, very classy.
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

I've got a sale incoming, having tried it on at the GTG.

Haven't told Mrs H yet though :?
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

I ordered one of the cheap C7 Rapide autos. Decided it's not a keeper, still waiting for my returns bag to be sent out, a week on from ordering...
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

3rd watch from the sale arrived. Good first impression and this one actually runs..! 2 out of 3 ain’t bad. The C65 is on its way back and hopefully it will be a quick repair.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by neilj568 »

hughesyn wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:25 pm I've got a sale incoming, having tried it on at the GTG.

Haven't told Mrs H yet though :?
Which model?
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

January Sale 2019

Post by Robotaz »

nordwulf wrote:3rd watch from the sale arrived. Good first impression and this one actually runs..! 2 out of 3 ain’t bad. The C65 is on its way back and hopefully it will be a quick repair.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk
Congrats! Do you love me, or hate me?!?

@robotazky