January Sale 2019

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
SSLAnglois
Senior
Senior

Re: January Sale 2019

Post by SSLAnglois »

nordwulf wrote:
srs1286 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:34 pmSame for me. Mine was picked up on the 5th and arrived at the sort facility on the 8th at 10pm. Still no departure updates as of today.
No updates for me either since it departed. Of course we also don't know where it departed to. One of my previous shipments made a little detour inside the UK.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46536&p=678250

Keep in mind you will loose tracking ability when they drop the shipment in the USPS mail system. DHL doesn't update their system with the Priority Mail tracking number.
You can be happy it shipped at least, ordered mine on Friday morning (7am EST), was told it would be shipped early this week when I inquired on the weekend, followed up today, was told to look out for the shipping notice in an hour or so... that was 6h ago, I suspect it’s going to be shipped tomorrow or Friday which means I won’t see it until next week for sure.

Next time I’ll pay the 25£ for express ImageImage was trying to avoid DHL- and inherently the guarantee of a customs hit - didn’t realize it was going to go DHL anyways Image

Live and learn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
parsa
Junior
Junior

Post by parsa »

At least I have good experience on order processing. Ordered yesterday evening, despatched today at noon, should be delivered end of day tomorrow. For comparison, on January 2018 sale it took 6 days to despatch and shipping took another week.
Well, of course the courier has still time to drop the ball, or try to deliver just when I'm out etc. But usually the express delivery has.. delivered (sorry the pun). I'm very pleased for CW providing express shipping for free now.
-Mikko

Current collection: C7 Chrono Auto, Omega AT 8500, Oris Aquis Date, Oris 65 Movember, Certina DS Podium Chrono
Prev CW's: C11 MSL MK1, C11 Vintage PVD, C20 Lido, C60 Trident GMT 600 x2, C1000 Typhoon RAF
Wishlist: C60 Trident Chrono, C8 PR
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

nordwulf wrote: No updates for me either since it departed. Of course we also don't know where it departed to. One of my previous shipments made a little detour inside the UK.

Keep in mind you will loose tracking ability when they drop the shipment in the USPS mail system. DHL doesn't update their system with the Priority Mail tracking number.
Actually my first order of straps shipped on a Friday and was delivered Monday via a dedicated DHL delivery van. To sum it up, who knows lol.
sapsja
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by sapsja »

TheBeatles wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:04 pm Anybody experiencing problems adding a Returns Package to their basket on CW site?

Although returns address is the same to that which the watch was delivered (shown in My Account), I am getting this error message:-

“Your order cannot be completed at this time as there is no shipping methods available for it. Please make necessary changes in your shipping address.”

I have emailed CW but no response as yet.
Yes, same issue for me too. Had to resort to emailing CS.
2015 FLE, C60 GMT MkII, C65 Super Compressor
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

srs1286 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:49 pm
nordwulf wrote: No updates for me either since it departed. Of course we also don't know where it departed to. One of my previous shipments made a little detour inside the UK.

Actually my first order of straps shipped on a Friday and was delivered Monday via a dedicated DHL delivery van. To sum it up, who knows lol.
Are you in or near a big city?
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

nordwulf wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:56 pm
Are you in or near a big city?
Decent size, about 2 mil in the metro area.
jalebi

Post by jalebi »

jalebi wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:37 am Hello all. Long time fan of Christopher Ward (own 6 pieces), occasional lurker for years but only got around to registering now.

I recently purchased 2 watches in the January sale when I happened upon the sale link before it was emailed out. Managed to get 2 watches at half price:

1. C8 Pilot MK II with the original CW logo

2. C60 Trident 300

The Trident 300 is an odd one. It comes with a ceramic bezel instead of aluminium. Is this normal, or have they put some extra components together? Not complaining, I quite like the look. Will post pictures when I get home.
Here's the Trident 300 with ceramic bezel. Has anyone else seen this happen to them?

Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

I googled 'Trident 300 watch' and found the same model as yours so it looks all well and good.

If I'm incorrect I'm sure somebody will offer more enlightened guidance.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

I picked up a C8 Flyer auto DLC. I expect it to be a great watch for what I paid. I’m worried it’s going to get me fixated on the Power Reserve model. :/
Jasemh
Senior
Senior

Post by Jasemh »

jalebi wrote:
jalebi wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:37 am Hello all. Long time fan of Christopher Ward (own 6 pieces), occasional lurker for years but only got around to registering now.

I recently purchased 2 watches in the January sale when I happened upon the sale link before it was emailed out. Managed to get 2 watches at half price:

1. C8 Pilot MK II with the original CW logo

2. C60 Trident 300

The Trident 300 is an odd one. It comes with a ceramic bezel instead of aluminium. Is this normal, or have they put some extra components together? Not complaining, I quite like the look. Will post pictures when I get home.
Here's the Trident 300 with ceramic bezel. Has anyone else seen this happen to them?

[img]https:/i.imgur.com/G6jgGPB.jpg[/img][/

I have the exact same watch with the dull , cheap looking matt finish standard bezel , this looks loads better than mine
I think having a ceramic bezel or one with a gloss finish just make the watch stand out more . Well done Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Eat My Goal
Junior
Junior

Post by Eat My Goal »

Just had my C60 Trident 316L Yellow delivered and it looks amazing. Pretty disappointed that it hasn't been sent in its original wooden box though.

I've email the website to see why!
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Jasemh wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:38 am
TigerChris wrote:Just a quick word of advice for anyone adjusting the bracelet on one of these if you already have a 43mm Trident. Due to the shorter lug to lug, check which links you want to take out first. I just went ahead and took out the same as I do for the Trident bracelet, without thinking, and it feels a little tight even for me (I like my bracelets snug to my wrist). A half link to put back in would be fantastic, but as they don't have one I might have to put a full link back in, but I'll see how it feels over the next couple of days.
I was really surprised at CW when I received my c60 bracelet and it had knock in pins on the links instead of screw in ones , not sure if this is the case on your bracelet? , but screw in ones are a lot easier to take out and look better. If they are good enough for rolex they should be good enough for CW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I prefer the pins like on my Omega and CW bracelets. Had screws on my Steinhart OVM bracelet and a couple backed out. Watchmaker then applied LocTite in order to keep them in....
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Eat My Goal
Junior
Junior

Post by Eat My Goal »

Here are some photos of the C60 Trident 316L Yellow:
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

My second sale purchase, which actually arrived on Monday, but which I have only this afternoon sized the bracelet.

C60 Trident Chrono 300.

Real solid presence on the wrist, not quite as heavy as my Trident Chrono P'type 600, and slightly thinner.

One amazing feature is the Chrono pushers feel exactly like a mechanical Chrono to operate.

Take the pressure against a spring, about 2/3rds the travel to a resistance, then press firmly and 'click' to start, stop or reset. Bit like the first and second pressures on the trigger of a rifle.

Brilliant and, if I had my eyes shut I'd be hard pressed to tell which of my Trident Chronos I was operating.

For c. £500 RRP its fantastic value.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neilj568 »

Looking good - I've been tempted by this before but I have no real need for another chrono as I don't really use the ones I have for their intended purpose; I never use my divers for their intended purpose either so perhaps that isn't a valid argument...!!!