Panerai

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Re: Panerai

Post by smegwina » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:34 pm

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:@Smegwina - I take we are talking Submersible not Submariner, Nick, and what about the Deep Sea you advocate I buy? Where does that fit in? :problem:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
We are indeed talking about the Submersible. The 44mm one (pam24 if I remember correctly) is actually surprisingly wearable and not nearly as hefty as people think, because of the bezel. It would probably be a reasonable size, but I loved the 47mm big daddy (pam389)

Some of the 24mm straps were bloody big buggers though on the 47mm.

Good as the Pams are, the DSSD is far better suited to a "one watch that does it all" purchase and would certainly be the first one to buy. Then get the Pam 6months or so later! Image

How are you getting on with the PDSSD? Will be down your way in the next couple of weeks so you can compare.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

PH87

Post by PH87 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:13 pm

I noticed Panzera watches whilst browsing internet sales the other day, not too up on them sorry but just remember my initial reaction being they seem Panerai inspired. The model was an aqua something if that helps.

JonesNT

Post by JonesNT » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:52 pm

Thank you all, really insightful and thought provoking. Cheers.

MarkGraz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 15

Post by MarkGraz » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:41 pm

I have a couple of C11's,
And a Extreme also, but for wrist presence they aren't in the same league, and shouldn't be based on price as my Pam 351.Image

If you do decide to go with a Panerai, I would stay with at least a 44mm or larger. They're supposed to be big and from what I've seen the 42mm command less in the resale market.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
CWL:C30,C5MKIVFLE,C60(2),C60GMT(2),C8(2),C9JH Mk3,C11Tit Ext,C11MSL,C9SS,C95D,C9GMT,C9FLE Proto
Ebel Chr,Stein NavB DLC,Hanhart Minos,Nomos Metro,NomosAhoi ATL,Panerai 351,Omega Spdmstr Mk2,Halios Tropic B,H20 Kalmar1,JLC Master Comp Chrono, Tudor GMT.