Questions - Chat with Chris - Edinburgh GTG - January 2019

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Re: Questions - Chat with Chris - Edinburgh GTG - January 2019

Post by Rice and Gravy »

What sizes will be available for the new C60 Trident Pro?
Omega SMP 2254.50
Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Blue
Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 White
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by mvlow »

TigerChris wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:49 pm The recent influx of C7's on the forum lately, largely due to the Jan sale, has got me thinking more about the website. There has been a number of comments from members, myself included, about the watches looking far better in the forum pics than the website pics. Now, I'm not sure whether the C7 range has been a success or not, but I would guess that its not been as big a hit as CW were hoping for. So, more of a comment/suggestion rather than a question really, but would it be a good idea to review how the watches are photographed for the website. I think I'm right in saying that some forum pics have swayed others into 'pulling the trigger' on a C7, but they wouldn't have purchased from website pics alone. This highlights missed sales. Next, the question! As a recent owner of one of the sale C7's I can now see how fantastic the case is and what potential it could have. Are there any plans to utilise the case with other styles of watches? It would be a fantastic base for an out and out plain bezel 'sport watch', along the lines of the Explorer/Aqua Terra/Bremont Solo etc..
+1

Just to add to this. Could you ask if they have any plans to change their strategy for their videos when they release a new watch. It has been discussed before that when a new watch is released many of us will search Youtube for unboxing and review videos so we can get a sense of what the watch is really like, because it is hard to tell from the sterile pictures on the CW website. The advertising videos that CW currently posts with each new release are well produced, but do little to show what the watch is really like. They are a series of fast cuts, set to music, with artistic lighting. I would suggest they produce a short video with a staff member holding, moving, and wearing a new release while discussing the specs. This can be short and sweet as long as it actually shows the watch in the flesh, including wrist shots and close-ups. There have been times when I would have purchased a new watch from CW as soon as it was released, but have delayed my purchase while waiting to see some real photo's and video of the watch. A good example of how this could be done are Page and Cooper video's. I often go to their Youtube channel while researching a possible purchase to see if they have posted a video of the watch. This type of video released at the same time a new watch is added to their website would not only benefit potential customers, but would also help with their sales at a much lower production cost than the videos they currently produce.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

+1 for questions around why the C7 line was unpopular - Is there a future for this sort of motorsport watch? Will the case design re-appear without links to motorsport?
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

Any plans to offer a GMT with a local adjusting hour hand in the manner of Tudor, Rolex or now Alpina?
Mark
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

albionphoto wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:42 pm Any plans to offer a GMT with a local adjusting hour hand in the manner of Tudor, Rolex or now Alpina?
Could be expensive that I reckon as it would need to be a variation of the SH21 I think. I don't think ETA base GMT's don't work like that. It would be nice though! :thumbup:
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

Could indeed be expensive if based upon the SH21. Alpina seems to have modified a Selitta though.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/alpina-sta ... ch-review/

The price is stated to be $1350 - Not bargain basement I'll concede but not out of reach.
Mark
Misterchrono
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Misterchrono »

I totally back this post.
With respects to individuals, the long term future should be questionned.

iain wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:36 pm Without getting too personal with the three co-founders, I would be interested to know what their exit strategy is. Without being rude, the three are no spring chickens so it would be nice for us followers and collectors to have an insight into the longer term future of the brand.

In this interview https://www.watchpro.com/exclusive-chri ... te-growth/
Mike implies they may be looking to seek outside funding. Does this mean they are looking to take more of a back seat and possibly even sell up and retire if the right offer was to come about?

Like I said this may be a little too personal and while I dont wish to pry into anyone’s private life, it would be nice to know what the next 5-10 years of the company holds.

Cheers
Iain