Questions - Chat with Chris - Edinburgh GTG - January 2019

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
User avatar
Bahnstormer_vRS
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18465
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:06 pm
CW-watches: 27
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Questions - Chat with Chris - Edinburgh GTG - January 2019

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:25 am

Details for the Edinburgh GTG & 'Chat with Chris' are posted here

Within the GTG, it is anticipated that we will have a session for the 'Chat with Chris' which will give the opportunity for questions to be put to the three Co-Founders of CW; Mike France, Peter Ellis and Chris Ward.

It is planned for the Chat with Chris element of the GTG to be video'd, I'm waiting on confirmation from CW that this is arranged. Trusting this works out, we will aim to get it posted on the forum afterwards.

Please post your questions for the "Chat with Chris" in this topic/thread.

Whilst there will likely be the opportunity for questions to come from the floor i.e. to be put by those attending, I intend to ask the most popular and most interest questions submitted by forum members as a whole.

Please post any question that you would like to be asked in this topic by end of the day, Sunday 13th January. I will post a summary of the most popular 10 questions. For those attending the GTG you will have the opportunity to ask any questions directly.

If a question is posted that you would like to ask, simply quote and add +1 or +2 etc...

Please have your questions posted by end of the day, Sunday 13th January.

Finally, please limit this topic to questions only. No discussions please.

Guy
C3 Chrono |C4 | C5A MkI | C5 BOB LE | C6 x 4 | C7 MkII Harrier | C7 Chrono
C8 MkI | C8 Reg'tor MkII LE | C8 Flyer PR | C9 2011 FLE | C9 Me109 SPC | C10 | C11 Extreme
C60 x 4 | C60 Chrono P'type |C65 Diver P'type | C600 | W7 BBMF
Other brands? Maybe

User avatar
Macca
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3610
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:45 pm
CW-watches: 3
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
Location: Lincoln

Re: Questions - Chat with Chris - Edinburgh GTG - January 2019

Post by Macca » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:12 am

Personally I’d like to know a bit more about the future of CW and the vision they all have, nothing like the horses mouth as they say, not a question as such but very much interested to hear about the direction they will take in a very competitive marketplace especially now they have in house movements etc and price point is competing with some marvellous timepieces from the establishment as it were


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Time flies when you're having fun

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1601
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:20 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Berks

Re: Questions - Chat with Chris - Edinburgh GTG - January 2019

Post by Mikkei4 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:47 am

The reasons for the web-site failures during high volume access periods would be good to understand. If the problems are with the infrastructure (i.e. not hacking attacks) what are their plans to upgrade or change it.

With luck a January Sale may have happened in the meantime and we'll have seen either another issue or a stable web-site and orders process. If the latter (hopefully it will be better) the question could still be asked.

I'm looking forward to hearing reports back about the planned new releases during 2019.

albionphoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:07 pm
CW-watches: 5
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Questions - Chat with Chris - Edinburgh GTG - January 2019

Post by albionphoto » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:01 pm

How is progress on the C60 Trident Mk III going? Any sneak peeks, what colours for dials, bezels, etc, etc ,etc?
Any plans for more "Apex" watches?
+ 1 for website/sales issues.
GTG in the US - maybe CWs version of the grand tour...
Mark
Muehle Glashutte, Omega, Oris and Christopher Ward.

User avatar
Macca
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3610
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:45 pm
CW-watches: 3
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
Location: Lincoln

Re: Questions - Chat with Chris - Edinburgh GTG - January 2019

Post by Macca » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:13 pm

albionphoto wrote:How is progress on the C60 Trident Mk III going? Any sneak peeks, what colours for dials, bezels, etc, etc ,etc?
Any plans for more "Apex" watches?
+ 1 for website/sales issues.
GTG in the US - maybe CWs version of the grand tour...
Which one of the founders is going to be clarkson?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Time flies when you're having fun

albionphoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:07 pm
CW-watches: 5
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Questions - Chat with Chris - Edinburgh GTG - January 2019

Post by albionphoto » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:02 pm

:D :clap: :D
Mark
Muehle Glashutte, Omega, Oris and Christopher Ward.

Ttf23
Senior
Senior
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:07 pm

Re: Questions - Chat with Chris - Edinburgh GTG - January 2019

Post by Ttf23 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:31 pm

I’d be interested to know what is happening with the C7, where there was a “last chance” to purchase in the Autumn, but later reappearing for sale. Is it being phased out, is there a new model on the blocks, or is the current model here for the foreseeable?

+1 for the C60 question, the next apex(es) and the website issues.

Also an update on the quick release bracelet would be great :-)

iain
Junior
Junior
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:13 pm
CW-watches: 2

Re: Questions - Chat with Chris - Edinburgh GTG - January 2019

Post by iain » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:36 pm

Without getting too personal with the three co-founders, I would be interested to know what their exit strategy is. Without being rude, the three are no spring chickens so it would be nice for us followers and collectors to have an insight into the longer term future of the brand.

In this interview https://www.watchpro.com/exclusive-chri ... te-growth/
Mike implies they may be looking to seek outside funding. Does this mean they are looking to take more of a back seat and possibly even sell up and retire if the right offer was to come about?

Like I said this may be a little too personal and while I dont wish to pry into anyone’s private life, it would be nice to know what the next 5-10 years of the company holds.

Cheers
Iain

User avatar
Korkki
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 6494
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Oulu, Finland

Re: Questions - Chat with Chris - Edinburgh GTG - January 2019

Post by Korkki » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:37 pm

Not a question but a gentle reminder for the Trident C60 COSC mk1 complimentary services

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29991&hilit=C60+Trident+COSC
NO PARKING
This space is reserved

User avatar
Camulos
Senior
Senior
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:45 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: Chelmsford, Essex

Re: Questions - Chat with Chris - Edinburgh GTG - January 2019

Post by Camulos » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:18 am

When are they likely to release the Trident C65 Pepsi & Concorde models?
Trident Pro 60 GMT auto, C8 Flyer auto, C5 Malvern manual-wind, Trident Pro 60 Submariner (quartz)

Ttf23
Senior
Senior
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:07 pm

Re: Questions - Chat with Chris - Edinburgh GTG - January 2019

Post by Ttf23 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:22 am

In the CW blog, the November advertising campaign was described as a test and sought to elicit feedback about the campaign.

Did you receive much feedback? Was the campaign well received and an overall success? Do you plan for follow-up campaigns of a similar scale?

User avatar
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:51 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: The right side of the Pennines

Re: Questions - Chat with Chris - Edinburgh GTG - January 2019

Post by TigerChris » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:49 pm

The recent influx of C7's on the forum lately, largely due to the Jan sale, has got me thinking more about the website. There has been a number of comments from members, myself included, about the watches looking far better in the forum pics than the website pics. Now, I'm not sure whether the C7 range has been a success or not, but I would guess that its not been as big a hit as CW were hoping for. So, more of a comment/suggestion rather than a question really, but would it be a good idea to review how the watches are photographed for the website. I think I'm right in saying that some forum pics have swayed others into 'pulling the trigger' on a C7, but they wouldn't have purchased from website pics alone. This highlights missed sales. Next, the question! As a recent owner of one of the sale C7's I can now see how fantastic the case is and what potential it could have. Are there any plans to utilise the case with other styles of watches? It would be a fantastic base for an out and out plain bezel 'sport watch', along the lines of the Explorer/Aqua Terra/Bremont Solo etc..

User avatar
Bahnstormer_vRS
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18465
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:06 pm
CW-watches: 27
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: Questions - Chat with Chris - Edinburgh GTG - January 2019

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:04 pm

TigerChris wrote:The recent influx of C7's on the forum lately, largely due to the Jan sale, has got me thinking more about the website. There has been a number of comments from members, myself included, about the watches looking far better in the forum pics than the website pics. Now, I'm not sure whether the C7 range has been a success or not, but I would guess that its not been as big a hit as CW were hoping for. So, more of a comment/suggestion rather than a question really, but would it be a good idea to review how the watches are photographed for the website. I think I'm right in saying that some forum pics have swayed others into 'pulling the trigger' on a C7, but they wouldn't have purchased from website pics alone. This highlights missed sales. Next, the question! As a recent owner of one of the sale C7's I can now see how fantastic the case is and what potential it could have. Are there any plans to utilise the case with other styles of watches? It would be a fantastic base for an out and out plain bezel 'sport watch', along the lines of the Explorer/Aqua Terra/Bremont Solo etc..
Hope you don't mind if I precis that at bit Chris, when I put it to Chris, Mike and Peter.

Guy


Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

C3 Chrono |C4 | C5A MkI | C5 BOB LE | C6 x 4 | C7 MkII Harrier | C7 Chrono
C8 MkI | C8 Reg'tor MkII LE | C8 Flyer PR | C9 2011 FLE | C9 Me109 SPC | C10 | C11 Extreme
C60 x 4 | C60 Chrono P'type |C65 Diver P'type | C600 | W7 BBMF
Other brands? Maybe

User avatar
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:51 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: The right side of the Pennines

Re: Questions - Chat with Chris - Edinburgh GTG - January 2019

Post by TigerChris » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:09 pm

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:04 pm
TigerChris wrote:The recent influx of C7's on the forum lately, largely due to the Jan sale, has got me thinking more about the website. There has been a number of comments from members, myself included, about the watches looking far better in the forum pics than the website pics. Now, I'm not sure whether the C7 range has been a success or not, but I would guess that its not been as big a hit as CW were hoping for. So, more of a comment/suggestion rather than a question really, but would it be a good idea to review how the watches are photographed for the website. I think I'm right in saying that some forum pics have swayed others into 'pulling the trigger' on a C7, but they wouldn't have purchased from website pics alone. This highlights missed sales. Next, the question! As a recent owner of one of the sale C7's I can now see how fantastic the case is and what potential it could have. Are there any plans to utilise the case with other styles of watches? It would be a fantastic base for an out and out plain bezel 'sport watch', along the lines of the Explorer/Aqua Terra/Bremont Solo etc..
Hope you don't mind if I precis that at bit Chris, when I put it to Chris, Mike and Peter.

Guy


Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
I'd expect you to, Guy. Didn't realise how much I'd rambled on till I submitted it :lol: I just thought, due to recent activity regarding the C7's, it could make for an interesting and constructive comment/question.

User avatar
Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 6782
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:45 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Questions - Chat with Chris - Edinburgh GTG - January 2019

Post by Thegreyman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:11 pm

On a similar but perhaps less important vein, it was pointed out in the past that the CW site doesn't show photos of the entire strap they are selling, only parts of it which does make it difficult to see exactly what they look like e.g. what do the straps shown look like at the lug end of the strap, is there any stitching??

Capture.JPG
Patrick

C11 Makaira Pro, C60 FLE Scooter Blue, C60 Kingfisher LE, W11(wife)

Some others + a few on the way

Post Reply