CWL 2018 Forum Watch of the Year

Discuss Christopher Ward watches

Which model is the most significant introduction of 2018 for Christopher Ward?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:16 pm

C5 Malvern 595
7%
C8 P2725 Automatic
No votes
C3 MKIII Grand Tourer
3%
C65 Trident Diver
51%
C60 Trident Chronograph 300
1%
C7 Apex LE
8%
C65 Trident GMT
9%
C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE
16%
C1 Grand Malvern World Timer
4%

Total votes: 74

Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

CWL 2018 Forum Watch of the Year

Post by Kip »

Another year of new releases is now complete! This means that it is time for the CW Forum inmates to decide what we think is the best new watch model introduction for 2018 by Christopher Ward (CW).

As in all past years, this year has brought us a few variations and limited editions introduced based on previously released models. I have not included certain variants or limited editions based on previously released models. As such, limited editions such as the C60 Trident Pro 316L yellow, C60 Trident Acan COSC, Trident Pro Bronze GMT LE Trident Pro Ombre”, C7 Rapide Day/Date COSC, C7 Hornet COSC LE, just to mention a few, are not included.

If you feel I have erred by not including a model, let me know and it can be added, although it would be by a separate tally.

What is included are totally new introductions that are a result of new movements, design, case size and/or innovations.

2018 has been a very active one at CW towers with the introduction of 20 new models, including variants and limited editions. The year also had your Admin Team making 2 visits to Maidenhead to iron out details of the forum upgrades that took place in August and September and begin work on some other projects for the forum.

The new models introduced this year started with the January introduction of the all new C5 Malvern 595 featuring a new case design and a diminutive 5.95mm height. March followed up with releases of two new C8’s and an LE added to the Morgan line. April gave us a yellow dial version of the C60 316L LE. May introduced, what has proved to be one of the most popular releases this year, the C65 Trident Diver. The C60 Trident Pro Bronze 38 and the C3 MKIII Grand Tourer were also released. June brought forth the long requested C60 Chronograph 300 as well as three Limited Editions; the C7 Hornet COSC LE and C7 Rossa Corsa COSC LE. Perhaps the most stunning release of the year was the C7 Apex.
August gave us the C3 Morgan Chronograph, C60 Trident Bronze GMT 600 LE, C60 Trident Bronze Ombre’ LE, C65 Trident GMT, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE and the C8 Birkins Blower TMB LE. The final new models for the year were released in October. The new C1 Grand Malvern World Timer and the C60 Trident Acan COSC LE.

Overall, another very rather prolific year form CW.

In previous Watch of the Year voting, the forum has looked beyond what may be a personal favorite and voted based on the evidence. I expect this to continue this year.

What we are looking for is the one watch that, we as forum members, feel will have the most significant impact on CWL, not only now, but in the future. Photos of most models may be seen in the Reference Gallery and Gallery. Otherwise please do a search.

In general, as noted, I have omitted new variations of pre existing models in the vote. If you feel a model left out is deserving of a vote, simply pm me and I shall keep a separate tally.

You can vote for one model only. Your reasons are your own, but please think about it before you vote. The reasons can be ground breaking, style, impact etc.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Re: CWL 2018 Forum Watch of the Year

Post by gaf1958 »

Easy choice for me, it’s the C65 Diver. While the C65 GMT variant is great, it’s the Initial release that was the groundbreaking watch for me; bringing a lovely and very new line into the Trident family. The GMT for me, is more of a “variation on the theme” so to speak.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by mvlow »

gaf1958 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:28 pm Easy choice for me, it’s the C65 Diver. While the C65 GMT variant is great, it’s the Initial release that was the groundbreaking watch for me; bringing a lovely and very new line into the Trident family. The GMT for me, is more of a “variation on the theme” so to speak.
I agree. The C65 Diver with its new case design has opened up a whole new line of watches for CW. The C65 GMT was the first variant using this new design, and I am sure there will be many new watches coming out that use the same case and design elements. CW have already announced a C65 automatic, and a C65 GMT with a Pepsi dial for 2019. I would also expect a C65 chronograph in the future.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Very much agree with you Gary.

The C65 Trident Diver is a significant watch in the CW range and has spawned several variants already, with more to come.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Same here. The introduction of that beautiful C65 case is my winner.
Ryan
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

C65 Diver for me. Luuurve mine.
Steve.
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

C65 for me. It’s the only new release I’ve bought this year. I agree about the comments on it introducing a new line. So it gets my vote.

The C7 APEX deserves an honourable mention for being what it is.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Interesting as I'm going a different direction.

Given Kip's parameters for me it's the C5 Malvern 595 ultra slimline. Dress watches are going thinner and for CW to produce a clean ultra slimline that is one of the worlds' thinnest at an very affordable price gives it the leadership factor plus the longevity.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

I am voting C65 also, but for me the SH21 LE is the significant one. If CW are serious about becoming world class then the manufacture movement has to lead the charge.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Looks like I’m going with the herd. The C65 Diver is my favourite CW. No brainer.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

The C65 Trident Diver.
My next CW. :thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Post by Ttf23 »

In a minority, but for me it’s the Apex. It shows CW’s ability to mix it with the best, at an extremely competitive price point for the quality of watch. With more apexes in the pipeline, it shows their ambition to push the boundaries of what they’ve done before - I can’t wait to see what is next!
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
DerekMc
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by DerekMc »

I have to admit, despite not owning it the C65 Diver gets my vote as For my Birthday this year,,, I shall own one!
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Trident Pro 600 Black ceramic old logo
Trident Pro 600 Blue ceramic
C9 Harrison

Tissot x 2
Ebel Sport Classic
nauf
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by nauf »

I vote for C65 Diver too. This is the only model that stung me in the middle of my nap, in the hot evening of August forcing me to place an order. :lol:

Niz
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Qubo »

For me it would be the C5 Malvern 595. Although I don't own it, it shows for me where CW once again are changing the game - specifications, build quality and price point. C65 offers great looks building on the amazing Trident platform. Anyway, 2 great watches. Merry Christmas CW forum inmates!