Discuss Christopher Ward watches
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: Edinburgh GTG - Chat with Chris - Saturday 19th January 2019

Post by albionphoto »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:39 pm
albionphoto wrote:I knew I was going to like the GMT. Now I have to save for that and (maybe) the C60 Apex.
C65 Diver GMT will be out in the Spring.

C60 Apex not until much nearer the end of the year.

Plenty of time to cover off for both. :wink:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
You're a bad man Guy. :thumbup:
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by mvlow »

I'm looking forward to seeing more images of the black dial 316L that is supposed to be released at the end of this month. It might finally be time to add one to my collection. IMHO the yellow second hand and accents look really good on this dial.

Screen shot from the live Youtube video.

Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 8.30.26 AM.png
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

I made this composition of a black 316 about a year ago and should be pretty close to this new release, except for the word mark in the wrong spot and not having the yellow seconds hand.

I wish they would have spent some more time about these new releases in the video.

mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

nordwulf wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:51 am I made this composition of a black 316 about a year ago and should be pretty close to this new release, except for the word mark in the wrong spot and not having the yellow seconds hand.

I wish they would have spent some more time about these new releases in the video.

I think the yellow seconds hand really ties this together. Without it, the watch is a little plain.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Yes, the yellow of the hand and strap definitely gives it a more vibrant look. Curious to see when this will come out, hopefully with voucher discount codes. Pirce will surely be the same as the other 316 LE so £730 - £795. An all brushed bracelet would be nice.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

mvlow wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:43 am I'm looking forward to seeing more images of the black dial 316L that is supposed to be released at the end of this month. It might finally be time to add one to my collection. IMHO the yellow second hand and accents look really good on this dial.

Funnily enough, Malcolm, I’ve just played back that part of the chat to pause in that exact spot to look at that again. I don’t ‘need’ another black dial, but I haven’t got a steel bezel diver and that yellow hand may just have told me that this could be the one. I’m also looking forward to seeing some detailed images soon of this one.
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

nordwulf wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:15 am Yes, the yellow of the hand and strap definitely gives it a more vibrant look. Curious to see when this will come out, hopefully with voucher discount codes. Pirce will surely be the same as the other 316 LE so £730 - £795. An all brushed bracelet would be nice.
It is supposed to be released at the end of this month Frank.
TigerChris wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:23 am
mvlow wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:43 am I'm looking forward to seeing more images of the black dial 316L that is supposed to be released at the end of this month. It might finally be time to add one to my collection. IMHO the yellow second hand and accents look really good on this dial.

Funnily enough, Malcolm, I’ve just played back that part of the chat to pause in that exact spot to look at that again. I don’t ‘need’ another black dial, but I haven’t got a steel bezel diver and that yellow hand may just have told me that this could be the one. I’m also looking forward to seeing some detailed images soon of this one.
I'll probably wait until I see a few more real life images once it gets in the hands of others before making a decision, but it definitely makes a great first impression.
Malcolm

nauf
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by nauf »

welshlad wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:57 pm Twas a great afternoon spent in the company of some similarly-afflicted people! Now on the train home.

There were many highlights and this was one of them (I think I'm allowed to post this one!):

Hopefully CW also produces a cream dial version.
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

I’m part way through watching the YouTube link and am very interested by the Trident 3 - potentially a more sculpted case design like the C65, but as robust as a C60 and with exceptional lume, that’s got to be a winner!
My only prayer is that they have a choice in case sizes as they do now with some C60s. Personally, because the case on the C60 is relatively thick and slab-sided, I prefer the 38mm sizes over the 43mm beasts. However, I can accommodate a 41mm sized C65 thanks to its thinner, more elegant case geometry.
Time will tell, but I’m already allocating funds!

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

What a great event it was yesterday. Congratulation to all who were involved in organising it. I encourage everyone to find an event like this near them. If there is one then try to go along.

The one thing I’d suggest is introduction time at the start or name tags. I did meet and chat to forum members (all top blokes) but I know that there were other forum members there who I’ve chatted to on here but didn’t know who they were and we didn’t catch up.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Oh well, looks like my 2019 watch budget is fairly safe from any CW purchases.

The Pepsi GMT is a nice looking version of this type of watch but personally I can't understand the attraction of a combination of black dial with red and blue bezel, whether it's from CW, Tudor, Rolex or whoever else. The combination doesn't gel for my eyes.

The Trident 3 is going to have the name at 9 so that closes that route for another CW watch for me. CW have shown that they're willing to move the name to 12 (see the Concorde) so why not offer it as an option sometime on a more "main-stream" release or even on a release of a 316 LE ? There are still some of us that prefer names at 12. Put the flags at 9 to balance any date window.

Other than that, the first GTG sounds like it was a great success - CW should be congratulated for offering it (and doing a goodies bag) and so should all those that attended to make it a success. I wish I could be more positive about remaining a buying customer.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

hughesyn wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:39 pm
Essex Paul wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:22 pm
Very nice. What was in goodie bag?
A mug, a service pod and a 38mm C60.
I hope the Pepsi GMT is in the bag for the next one! :lol:
Mikkei4 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:10 am I wish I could be more positive about remaining a buying customer.
I remember that feeling a few years ago when they didn't seem to produce anything I liked. It happens from time to time. I compromised on a couple of sticking points and they developed the range.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Jcalder68 wrote:I’m part way through watching the YouTube link and am very interested by the Trident 3 - potentially a more sculpted case design like the C65, but as robust as a C60 and with exceptional lume, that’s got to be a winner!
My only prayer is that they have a choice in case sizes as they do now with some C60s. Personally, because the case on the C60 is relatively thick and slab-sided, I prefer the 38mm sizes over the 43mm beasts. However, I can accommodate a 41mm sized C65 thanks to its thinner, more elegant case geometry.

C
There will be 3 sizes: 38mm, 40mm and 42mm.

And the new case design is not at all slab-sided. It has echoes of the lines from the C65 case, but is more "robust" to accommodate the higher water resistance rating.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jcalder68 »

welshlad wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:44 am
Jcalder68 wrote:I’m part way through watching the YouTube link and am very interested by the Trident 3 - potentially a more sculpted case design like the C65, but as robust as a C60 and with exceptional lume, that’s got to be a winner!

C
There will be 3 sizes: 38mm, 40mm and 42mm.

And the new case design is not at all slab-sided. It has echoes of the lines from the C65 case, but is more "robust" to accommodate the higher water resistance rating.
Wow, three sizes! Happy days!
Now I’m just hoping that all dial/bezel options etc will be available in all three variations

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:03 pm ^^^C65 Pepsi GMT...very nice!
Not for me, I’m afraid. I prefer the high gloss look of the C60 ceramic bezels.

Does everyone like it, or am I the first dissenter? :D
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain