Edinburgh GTG - Chat with Chris - Saturday 19th January 2019

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: Edinburgh GTG - Chat with Chris - Saturday 19th January 2019

Post by StrappedUp »

I'm not sure I get the issue with jumping on Facebook.com and watching a video stream?

I do get that some don't want to create an account (personal details etc), but it'll be just like jumping on another video streaming service site and watching from there.

I'd also add that it'd be a tad naive to think that Facebook and other social media sites are the only web companies harvesting data from their users.
Ryan
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Post by Ttf23 »

nordwulf wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:48 pm You don't need a Facebook account to watch videos and other content on public pages. The same should be true for live streams as long as they are set to public. So it isn't anything different from watching on Youtube.

Example: https://www.facebook.com/ChristopherWar ... 269286737/
Oh fine then - I didn’t know that!

Many thanks Frank
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

As I am blissfully and intentionally ignorant of Facebook I'm happy to read that I can watch the live stream. Thanks to StrappedUp and Nordwulf/Frank.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Safe travels to all making a journey to attend.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

nordwulf wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:48 pm You don't need a Facebook account to watch videos and other content on public pages. The same should be true for live streams as long as they are set to public. So it isn't anything different from watching on Youtube.

Example: https://www.facebook.com/ChristopherWar ... 269286737/
Why do people that use all this silly social media rubbish keep trying to say 'it's no different' etc... It is! Just accept that some of us don't want to be part of it
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neilj568 »

The phrase "social media" is guaranteed to get an eye roll and an FFS from me....!!!!!
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

neilj568 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:19 pm The phrase "social media" is guaranteed to get an eye roll and an FFS from me....!!!!!
Thats my exact reaction too Neil :lol: :lol:
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

You're not part of it, it's just an online video you can watch without doing anything else. Maybe others don't want to be 'part' of all that silly Google/Youtube rubbish.

Why do do these anti social media people act like it is the end of the world when they don't even have to log on or be part of anything for just watching a video? :?
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

nordwulf wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:22 pm You're not part of it, it's just an online video you can watch without doing anything else. Maybe others don't want to be 'part' of all that silly Google/Youtube rubbish.

Why do do these anti social media people act like it is the end of the world when they don't even have to log on or be part of anything for just watching a video? :?
Easier to agree to disagree on this one Frank I think :lol:
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Well.. you may as well cancel your accounts on all forums including this one. This one even tracks you with Google Analytics. And not watch videos on Youtube either because it is all social media. ;)

What to do if you don't have a Youtube/Google account? Many people won't be able to watch it either. :?
Social media is a computer-based technology that facilitates the sharing of ideas and information and the building of virtual networks and communities. By design, social media is internet based and offers users easy electronic communication of personal information and other content, such as videos and photos.
But anyways... Is there really a need to live stream this event? Seems like it would be easier just to record the event and upload to a couple of places later. And quality will probably be better. I am flexible enough to watch anywhere the good people of CW make this available. :thumbup:
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

nordwulf wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:25 pm Well.. you may as well cancel your accounts on all forums including this one. This one even tracks you with Google Analytics. And not watch videos on Youtube either because it is all social media. ;)
My reasons for not liking social media are nothing to do with this Frank, hence why I said that it was easier to agree to disagree. But, no, you had to try and carry it on and try and tell me what I should or shouldn't do, or maybe you were just trying to be clever. Whichever, I'll say it again, even though you don't seem to listen too good - easier to agree to disagree on this one
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

I was just making a bit of fun of this situation, don't get all worked up about it.

The only thing I was pointing out is that Facebook video is exactly the same as Youtube. Anyone can watch and you don't need an account. So demanding it shouldn't be on Facebook is a bit silly.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

I can't remember anybody 'demanding' anything to be honest
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Stand easy chaps.

Email to me from Olivia at CW

"After a chat here we have agreed to stream the panel talk with the founders on Youtube instead of Facebook Live. This has been scheduled on Youtube for 15:00 on Saturday, so if you are subscribed to CW you can set a reminder to tune in."

The link to the live stream will be: https://youtu.be/FBHVqY5ZwR0

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
skimrok
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by skimrok »

^^ Good move that means i can watch it so can others :) as for others trying to tell coach people what to do , for me anyway I don’t run in gangs I’m the gang he!he! :lol: I’m trying to lighten this up a bit. Next we be saying my mum is better then yours etc :lol: :clap:

I can’t wait for the upload I’m looking forward to it ;)
Steve

C9 Blue LE /C60 Black
Also other various brands in my collection