C65 bronze quick thoughts

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
omegaaddict
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

C65 bronze quick thoughts

Post by omegaaddict »

Received my C65 bronze LE yesterday, my first CW purchase in a couple of years, and thought I'd share some quick thoughts on it

The bad:
1) dial blue and bezel blue do not really match in brighter light with the dial being lighter and shinier unlike the images on CW website

2) dial balance - whilst the dial here is a lot lore balanced compared to the none LE version in my opionion it still isnt as great as i would have thought. One of the main reasons being the embossed logo basically dissapears in bright daylight (see pic below) which throws things out of balance a bit

3) I got the watch on the webbed strap as well as an extra vintsge oak strap - again I found that in real life the webbed strap was a very different shade compared to the other blues in the watch. Ehilst the online pics led me to beleive thst everything would be closer together. So in the end on the webbed strap it looks like I'm wearing 3 different shades of blue

The good

1) the case size and finish are amazing and i love the bronze color - i think i will like the watch even more with some patina which shouldnt take long in Dubai

2) the box crystal has an amazing effect which has me looking at my wrist every few minutes

3) despite my earlier comment on strap color I still very much like the watch on both straps and like the versatility that comes with it

4) the bezel is a beautiful shape and color with a lovely crisp sound and action when rotated and very sturdy feel

5) i like the novelty of the watch both being the first and only bronze and manual wind watches in my collection

Overall im quite happy with the watch 1 day in. Not sure how much wrist time it will get but that's not neccesarily a bad thing as I have 13 other watches in active rotation haha.
I got a very good deal on it with it being black Friday as well - though tobe frank i do not care much for the in house movement and would have been much haopier with a stellita at under 1000 gbp.

Thanks for reading, heres a quick pic i snapped this morningImage

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Rolex: Explorer II 16570, OP 39mm
Omega: Speedmaster M. Schumacher LE, AT 8500
CW: C11 makaira, C900 WT
Hamilton Khaki King
Revue Thommen Air Speed, Louis Erard Heritage Automatic, Glycine Combat, Zodiac sea dragon, Aramar Arctic Marine
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: C65 bronze quick thoughts

Post by Thegreyman »

Congratulations on getting your C65 bronze SH21.

Although I haven't handled one, I agree with most of what you say, I do feel dial is well balanced though.

A few people have also said they would have preferred a Sellita at half the price.

I like the clean look of the raw bronze and would imagine I'd be trying to remove the patination if I had a bronze watch. I've yet to own one though so might feel differently if I did.

It is a great looking watch, enjoy.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
omegaaddict
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by omegaaddict »

The watch is growing on me more... I have to say it looks better in overcast/ low light settings comoared to a bright sunny day outImage

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Rolex: Explorer II 16570, OP 39mm
Omega: Speedmaster M. Schumacher LE, AT 8500
CW: C11 makaira, C900 WT
Hamilton Khaki King
Revue Thommen Air Speed, Louis Erard Heritage Automatic, Glycine Combat, Zodiac sea dragon, Aramar Arctic Marine
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

That's one nice looking watch.
Christoperjc

Post by Christoperjc »

Nice watch !
This will be the next for my watch collection.
Nice to experiment with patina.
Attachments
IMG_20181128_130349_166.jpg