Trident Pro 600 or Tissot Seastar 1000

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
GTC854
Senior
Senior

Trident Pro 600 or Tissot Seastar 1000

Post by GTC854 »

Hi everyone. I am very new to the world of watches but have been stalking this forum for a few months and have probably watched just about every YouTube video on CW watches. I do own a couple of TAGs which I love - a 10yr old Aquaracer and more recently a Formula1 calibre 16 with a blue face. However the more I saw of the Pro 600s the more I wanted one, particularly on a rubber or leather strap for more ‘casual’ use. The limited edition yellow I think is a hoot, the black with red bezel very nice but I also like the ACAN COSC limited edition with the blue face and black bezel. Decisions, decisions.
Then.... Yesterday I came across a lovely looking Tissot Seastar 1000 with a blue face, black bezel and black rubber strap. With the usual High St discount this was £480. I tried it on and it looked great. It has the Powermatic 80 movement. It only has a two year warranty against the 5yrs I would get on a Pro 600. Since yesterday I have also discovered that there are not many of these on the High St and there is a waiting list which goes beyond Christmas. So if I want one I have to act smartly.
Now part of the dilemma I face is down to my indecision as to what colour of watch I would prefer!! Not a good place to start. But any form of advice/opinion from the CW community would be greatly appreciated. I think my heart has been pulled towards the Trident Pro 600 over the last few months but I would be interested to see what others think, especially those who have had expereince of both brands. I admire the CW approach but at times like this when one cannot physically touch the watch and get a ‘feel’ for it it becomes a little harder to make the decision to pull the trigger.
Gordon
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: Trident Pro 600 or Tissot Seastar 1000

Post by Clach77 »

Welcome,

If you do buy a C60 you’ll have the option to return it if you don’t like it when you have a chance to touch it. So no real risk there.

As for the rest, I can’t really help. Sorry!
Trying not to buy any more watches...
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

I briefly considered one of these a few weeks ago, but have given it a miss for now due to the bezel markers in silver (I prefer white) and the lug width of 21mm which would annoy me.

I've not handled the watch, but I'm sure it's pretty decent and with a better power reserve and a very nice dial.

Not the most active of threads, see the link below but this was the discussion at the time.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=50654&p=746223&hili ... ar#p746223
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

The Tissot is a nice enough watch.
However...
Do you want a piece produced in its thousands from a mid tier Swatch Group brand?
Tissot sell over 3m units per year.

Or a quirky British brand that is bold enough to put their logo wherever they please?

Buy the Trident (this is the CW forum after all).
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
theemaadhatter
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 8

Post by theemaadhatter »

hughesyn wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:17 pm The Tissot is a nice enough watch.
However...
Do you want a piece produced in its thousands from a mid tier Swatch Group brand?

Or a quirky British brand that is bold enough to put their logo wherever they please?

LOL :lol: Post of the month.
TMH (https://watchcomplications.com)
"it is maddening choosing your outfit based on the watch you want to wear..."
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Buy 1 of the Tridents currently on the 30% off in the Clearance section, buy it on the bracelet and add the leather or rubber strap onto the order so you can use the current £100 off voucher offer.

Blue or Black dials available or maybe the C65 - any of which IMO look better than the Tissot.
nauf
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by nauf »

hughesyn wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:17 pm The Tissot is a nice enough watch.
However...

Well said! I must admit that I have love-hate relationship with CW. Yesterday I returned C60 Acan, today the more I look at it, the more I want it back. 😜
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
josbrownlie
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by josbrownlie »

C60 trident pro 600 (or two) all day every day but then I am a little biased. See incoming multiple thread if it's too cryptic
C9 x5, C60 x3, C65 x1, Steinhart x2, CIGA Design, Jean Marcel, WT Author, Breitling & MSTR
GTC854
Senior
Senior

Post by GTC854 »

Folks, thanks so much for taking the time to post your views and advice. I will order a Trident, that’s what my heart has been telling me and why I posted the question here😊
After all as #hughesyn pointed out really got to go with a ‘quirky British brand bold enough to put their logo wherever they please.’ 😂
Thanks again, not only good advice but humour as well!
Gordon
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

nauf wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:01 pm
Well said! I must admit that I have love-hate relationship with CW. Yesterday I returned C60 Acan, today the more I look at it, the more I want it back. 😜
Hmm, maybe that appears in NN at some point so I can grab it - been toying with adding a second Trident and the Acan hits home, though it's against my principles..... :D
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Or maybe not.

If it has been returned under the 60/60 for a refund, it should be in new and unworn condition and be able to be resold as such.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
nauf
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by nauf »

H0rati0 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:04 am
nauf wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:01 pm
Hmm, maybe that appears in NN at some point so I can grab it - been toying with adding a second Trident and the Acan hits home, though it's against my principles..... :D
Good luck! Hopefully the catch is yours. 😁
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
GTC854
Senior
Senior

Post by GTC854 »

UPDATE: Well I bought and returned a Seastar and have a yellow Trident in a wardrobe awaiting Christmas Day! I bought the Seastar because I visited a High St shop near closing time and tried the watch on but wasn't too sure about it. The saleswoman informed me that these watches were in short supply and if I thought I might like one I could take it now, try it at home and return if I was not convinced. Having been told the same the same thing about availability elsewhere I did as she suggested. Back home the watch appeared darker in colour than it was under the bright lights in the shop and while it is a nice watch I didn't warm to it. As I wrote in the opening post my heart was after a CW.
So, I took the plunge and on Saturday received watch 299 which ticked all the boxes. Yes it was considerably more expensive than the Seastar but it feels great and I love the perceived quality it exudes. So now I have to wait for Christmas Day when the house is going to get a little brighter!!
Attachments
watch 2.jpg
Gordon
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Congratulations. I think you made the right decision. :thumbup:
Richard
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller