Did your ‘Loupe’ arrive in a plastic wrapper?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Toffeeggs
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 8

Re: Did your ‘Loupe’ arrive in a plastic wrapper?

Post by Toffeeggs »

No plastic cover and address printed on back page
C40 Speedhawk
C60 Trident GMT
C7 Rapide Blue face
Trident 600 white dial/bracelet
C7 Rosso Corsa COSC Limited Edition
C1000Typhoon Fgr4 - Cockpit Edition
C7 Rapide Auto Red/Black
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^As was mine.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
mcb2007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by mcb2007 »

No idea as it never arrived .
I am nameless I am shameless, I can be the purist soul with evil as my goal, I can be the story untold.
daveodz
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 10

Post by daveodz »

I didn't get the latest version or the previous one despite having bought 9 CW's over the years! ☹☹Must of upset someone somewhere!
Dave
33 Watches
2 Dogs
4 Cars
500 Scalextric Cars
2 Daughters
1 Wife
2 Grandsons
1 Grandaugther
...............No money left!!!
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

No Loupe for me yet but did get the previous one and vouchers in the post. Seems a bit hit and miss.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

As I said previously, if anyone wants the current and Autumn copies, I'll post them FoC.

Just PM :)
Ryan
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

We have heard from CW that they arranged to have a proportion of the Loupe mailing done without the plastic wrapper. This was done for about 12% of the distribution, to test the feasibility of removing the wrapper - for obvious environmental reasons.

Obviously, there are risks to doing this (damp, damage etc) and CW are appreciative of any feedback concerning the condition of any that were received “naked”.
Richard
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Great idea regarding less plastic. :clap:
However,I would've thought envelopes would be a better compromise as they offer some protection and is recyclable.

:thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Envelopes may well be a better compromise but the point of this particular test is to see if sending them "naked" is a viable option. There may well be further tests in the future. That is why the feedback is important regarding arrival condition.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Naked is fine for me :oops:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Thegreyman wrote:Naked is fine for me :oops:
No surprise there Patrick. :wink:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

I receive magazines all the time in the mail that do not have a plastic covering and have never had any issues. Loupe is a free magazine, so if they can mail it using less plastic and it arrives with the odd scuff mark that is fine with me.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

https://www.christopherward.com/blog/lo ... _bmxkw6Nuc

Loupe Goes Nude

You may be one of the 5,000 UK recipients of the most recent Christopher Ward Magazine, Loupe 11, to have received it ‘naked’.

Why are we putting so many ‘naked’ magazines into the postal system? Is it a mistake, or a hiccup in the print process? Not so. It’s all part of Christopher Ward’s ongoing effort to become more eco-friendly. In some small ways, we can make a difference, and we believe in making all the small changes that we can, in order to make the biggest difference we are capable of.

Loupe magazine’s circulation is bigger than you’d think. At 40k+ issues a season, printed 4 times a year, it rivals many newsstand publications in terms of its reach and readership. And as publishers of such a prolific title, Christopher Ward are more than aware of the potential environmental impacts of all that paper, and particularly the plastic polybag wrap it’s delivered in.

So what to do to reduce the impact to the environment of this productive and profitable publication – one that’s hugely popular among our customer base, and we have intentions of growing and spreading even further? How do we make our Loupe magazine more eco-friendly?

To this end, we’re testing different methods of mailing Loupe. Absolutely the cleanest option bar none is to send Loupe unwrapped – as we have tested to the 5,000 UK recipients mentioned above – but there are risks to this, like the magazine getting damp or bent in the mail.

Of course, there are other ways to wrap the magazine with more environmentally-friendly substrates than plastic polywrap. For example, compostable potato starch wraps are next in line to be tested, and could prove useful for overseas deliveries where additional sheets of paper are enclosed with the magazine, and need to be held together in transit. The magazine is already printed and produced in the UK, saving on air miles, but we are also looking into print options for carbon offsetting, and intend to make the publication fully carbon neutral in 2019.

We really want to get feedback on the condition the magazines arrive in that we’ve sent in the ‘naked’ test, so do get in touch with us at marketing@christopherward.co.uk.
the "g" is for Greg...
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

The most eco-friendly option would be not sending any magazines at all. There must be a big cost involved in producing, manufacturing and distributing these magazines, not to mention the resources needed that impact the environment.

The PDF format is just fine and easily read on computers and tablets. It takes an extra 3 weeks before it arrives in the US anyways so usually everything in there is old news.

It would be nice when CW would make an easy opt-out of the magazine mailing list on their website.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I like receiving the printed magazine as it gives me the opportunity to read it without having to resort to a phone, tablet, laptop or PC.

Additionally, I am able to keep them available to read over time and, along with the CW magazine prior to Loupe (not available online) I have pretty much every issue printed since their inception.

On the subject of going 'naked' for postage, its the in thing. I've receive two Christmas Catalogues from retail companies that were also 'naked'.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England