Misterchrono
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Am I bewitched ?

Post by Misterchrono »

Dear CW addicts

I had to share this with you !

Can i ask you how often you see Morgan cars ?

This manufacturer is a confidential and pretty exclusive brand. According to wikipedia, only 1300 cars are produced a year.
To be totally honest, I've never heard about that brand before lurching around CW watches and its Morgan subdivision.

So, how often have you seen Morgan cars?
If you live in the UK where the brand is handmade, I would bet the odds are low.

Now, i must tell you I live in France. The odds are much lower, say unexpectable. But... in 2 months I saw 2 Morgan cars.

My conclusion is : something is about to happen to me. Whether good or not, I can't say.
But French physicist Pasteur said : "fortune favors prepared minds", so it seems I'm ready ! :lol:
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Am I bewitched ?

Post by H0rati0 »

One does not see many of them but they are about. I saw one in May (in Belgium as it happens, Brit plates ) as I drove back from the UK. A mate of mine who lives near Augsburg these days had one for some years. They tend to be a passion and people preserve the old ones - not at all the sort of car you scrap when it gets old and past it, you rebuild it. So you'll see more of them than the limited production numbers would seem to indicate.

best

nik
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: Am I bewitched ?

Post by scooter »

Quite often, my best mate has got two.

A 1975 4/4 which he got new for his 21st birthday:

He later inherited his late uncle's Plus 8:

scooter