Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Renton
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Re: CW Clearance Section - September 2018

Post by Renton »

nbg wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:37 am
nordwulf wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:51 pm The C7 was introduced not too long ago and already being cleared out is a bit of a surprise. That's their main motorsports watch range, curious to see what they will come up with next.
It may not be ‘clearance’ as in end of line. Could just be a bit of stock control, turning inventory into cash, to reinvest in more popular models.

Reason for that thought is that there are also black dial C3/C5, but no white/silver dial with 30% off.

Neil
I'm thinking they stocked up for the launch of all the new motorsport watches and the sales have been a bit below expectations, so they're sitting on more stock than they'd like.

I've always been a fan of Motorsport style watches, but have to say I was a bit underwhelmed when the new C7 range went live and haven't bought any of them - I already have a couple of other similar looking watches from TAG etc.

I probably would have gone for one in the 30% clearance, but with my card having just been charged with the C7 Apex order, I'm going to keep my wallet in my pocket this time around.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Just had a CW email...final run of the motorsport designs in the 30% off section.

As a valued customer we wanted you to be the first to hear about this opportunity to secure a remarkable motorsport timepiece at a truly outstanding price.

This is the final series run of these designs – and when they’re gone, they’re gone for good. So move as quickly as the F1 cars that inspired their design to ensure you don’t miss out!
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

what-time-is-it wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:29 pm Just had a CW email...final run of the motorsport designs in the 30% off section.

As a valued customer we wanted you to be the first to hear about this opportunity to secure a remarkable motorsport timepiece at a truly outstanding price.

This is the final series run of these designs – and when they’re gone, they’re gone for good. So move as quickly as the F1 cars that inspired their design to ensure you don’t miss out!
Well so much for my perceptive (not!) view that it was just normal stock control.

Even Omega don’t change their line up with such regularity! :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

You can't be perfect all the time Neil. #-o

Unfortunately for CW, based on the posts on here, they just aren't selling that well and they are clearing the decks, no doubt in preparation of some new limited editions.

Chris
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

Made me smile that the only range without the 'controversial' logo is being phased out so quickly. . .
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

...and I'm not a fan of the range having the flag thingy and no Christopher Ward.

Chris
Markornot
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Markornot »

what-time-is-it wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:29 pm Just had a CW email...final run of the motorsport designs in the 30% off section.
As a motorsports fan and a fan of much of the current C7 line, I am saddened in much the same way that I was when BMW gave Chris Bangle the boot (no pun intended)...good design is in the eye of the beholder and the buying public has spoken...long live the Trident!
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

I was quite impressed with the C7 range when I visited the showroom earlier this year, the Chrono Quartz in white dial and the green dial looked good on the wrist, especially on the bracelet.

IMO the construction method provides an attractive way to provide more colour into the case although the Chrono quartz doesn't have this.
Maybe it wasn't disruptive enough without the name new format but that's 1 thing I liked about it.

Unfortunately I won't be buying even at 30% off as I want to reduce the quantity of watches I have, hopefully turning 4 into 1.
actuary

Post by actuary »

Was excited for a second when I saw the C3 Malvern Chronographs since I've been considering getting one...until I realized they were only the black dialand not the white dial. :(
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

actuary wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:33 am Was excited for a second when I saw the C3 Malvern Chronographs since I've been considering getting one...until I realized they were only the black dialand not the white dial. :(
There’s a 2017 FLE for sale you might be interested in over in Sales Corner, which you can now view with 5 posts. I’m not the seller by the way, just pointing you in a direction where you may find what you want at a decent price. There’s also a ‘Chr. Ward’ logo white face there too.
actuary

Post by actuary »

TigerChris wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:58 pm
actuary wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:33 am Was excited for a second when I saw the C3 Malvern Chronographs since I've been considering getting one...until I realized they were only the black dialand not the white dial. :(
There’s a 2017 FLE for sale you might be interested in over in Sales Corner, which you can now view with 5 posts. I’m not the seller by the way, just pointing you in a direction where you may find what you want at a decent price. There’s also a ‘Chr. Ward’ logo white face there too.
Thanks! I actually had noticed it shortly before your post, but seeing your post made me decide to take another look. I like the look and contacted the seller with a question or 2. Since he's in the Netherlands and I'm in the US I gather shipping may be difficult.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Surprised to see so many of the Motorsport range still available in the 30% off section. Either they have or had huge stocks of these (and have sold plenty at 30% off), or next step is new year clearance at 50% off if they can't get shut of them.

Clearly not that popular, as we rarely see them on the forum.

A couple of additions in the nearly new section have also appeared.

Chris
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

^^^Just too big^^^
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

golfjunky wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:42 pm ^^^Just too big^^^
Have you tried one? I sold mine and thought it was too small and light....

Chris
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

At 44mm it’s too big for me and it will put people off right from the start. It’s a problem with online only watch sales
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.