Just can’t bring myself to sell

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Bugster87
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Just can’t bring myself to sell

Post by Bugster87 »

I bought my CW C600 Trident 38mm in August 2015. It was my first mechanical watch after a long period of not wearing a watch. I wore it daily until I stared adding more watches to a slowly growing collection. The latest addition of a Black Bay 58 made me look at my collection and think about the time each watch gets on the wrist. I decided I’ll sell my Trident so I looked at used values, drafted an ad for the Bay and then...

Can’t do it. I still like it too much. I don’t need to sell it so why bother. Just enjoy it.
I have sold watches before (not many. I’m no flipper) but after reviewing my collection I like them all.

Selling is hard :lol:
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Just can’t bring myself to sell

Post by H0rati0 »

I feel the same way. Good decision I'd say!

nik
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

If you really can't bring yourself to sell it, then that's a pretty good indication that you should still keep it! Unless you really, really need to raise the cash and have no other way of doing it.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
copemanphoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by copemanphoto »

A few months ago I was getting ready to list my C60 Trident white/black for sale. I had all the photos taken and then I put the watch back on the bracelet and that was it. Instant love affair again and it still resides in my collection today.

When I do wear it, I find it so comfortable and it looks so good I can not believe I wanted it sold. I really don't need the money for another purchase and like you I also added a BB 58 which gets more wrist time but the Trident looks great and every once in awhile I take it out for the day.

Looks like it is a keeper.
Cheers, Mike.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

If you still love it and don’t need the money.

That’s your answer. Good decision. :thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
MadG
Senior
Senior

Post by MadG »

I can totally understand :) I love my trident GMT. Every time I look at it to check time I spend a few more seconds admiring it.
Good decision.
Bugster87
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Bugster87 »

I think I even like the polished centre links more than I did. At one point I fancied brushing them out but they just look right with the ceramic bezel. Maybe it’s because I’ve now got other divers with less polished bits. It’s a great dressy diver. I’ve had it on a week and can’t see it going anywhere now.
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Post by johncolescarr »

It’s funny, I’m a serial flipper, and I’ve never kept a watch for more than 3 years, but the only watch I regret selling is my CW trident pro 600
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm