Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: C60 Trident Ombre COSC

Post by skimrok »

sadly mine is going back the index at 9 is wonky and mine didn’t have the red text it’s small I know but the little things was what attracted me to the watch , up close the index’s are not as nice say as example as my c60 black trident with the surrounds, so all in all it’s not for me, good news I don’t mind the name at 9 now after seeing it in real life :)
Steve

C9 Blue LE /C60 Black
Also other various brands in my collection
r1hjk
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by r1hjk »

The red text was a really nice touch, what a shame it hasn’t appeared on the production models. It will be interesting to see what CW say.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

I appreciate some will think it silly but that suggested red text not being there would have hugely disappointed me too.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by willttqs »

I think I will keep mine. I am disappointed by the lack of red, but not enough to return it.
nauf
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by nauf »

Hmm...am waiting mine to arrive. Tbh I pulled off the trigger just because of that tiny red line. It adds aged look to the dial.
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
baldrick
Senior
Senior

Post by baldrick »

willttqs wrote:?
Difficult to say as it's not directly face on. I would say, from that photo, the 12 markers seem slightly more far apart at the bottom than the top.

The 3 o'clock market also seems off relative to the date window, but again difficult to be sure because of the angle of the photo.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

Seems like they have rushed this out in time for XMAS without fully checking the plans before they go into production. I liked the red line of text and to be honest hadn't noticed it had switched to white - very possibly just like everyone in CW HQ, but once you notice it...

Disappointing, especially at this price point, but I guess if you don't like it you can return or CW may do something as a gesture due to the mistake - which it must be as all the photos show the text in red. Unlikely but they may take them back and switch the dials?

Do we know if all 300 would be produced at once and therefore have all been made with the same dial?

Shame Tyke's no longer here. :D
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

I'm glad now that I financially couldn't justify ordering this at the time. The missing red text is a deal breaker for me. Every photo showed the red and it brought everything together on the dial for me to make a perfect combination. I couldn't find anything to fault in the original pics, but I can now - it just doesn't look the same with white text. Who would have thought a change of colour on a small piece of text would make so much difference to the overall look of a watch? If somebody had have asked me what difference it would make changing to white I'd probably have said something like 'not much I wouldn't have thought, the watch is fantastic', however it has made a massive difference in my opinion, which has genuinely surprised me. If this gets fixed this will still be my intended next purchase when I can afford it, if there are any left. If it stays white it will be crossed off the list.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

So after closer inspection this morning using an eye magnifying glass - it is being returned :(
Love the bronze watch, love the dial and bezel combination and love the strap BUT...
The 9 indice is not set correctly, their is a red spot on the underside of the glass and the text not being in red has, all told, put somewhat of a downer on it! :(
( :oops: ...no offence Richard :lol: )

ImageOmbre_0007b by StrapMeister, on Flickr
theemaadhatter
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 8

Post by theemaadhatter »

As for me, I'm not sure that the white text as opposed to the red will be a deal breaker, I'll make that decision when it arrives, but I'm guessing I'll still want to keep it. It could be a QC mistake, or it could be that they chose to change it after seeing the production samples and wanted to make it more legible. If it's the latter, I wish they had updated the photos in all the materials to accurately show how it looks. I agree that the little line of red text changes the overall feel of the face and it was one of the reasons I liked the watch.

The CWE LE is planning to have that same line of red for the depth, albeit set against a white dial.
TMH (https://watchcomplications.com)
"it is maddening choosing your outfit based on the watch you want to wear..."
Tally
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by Tally »

I relented and bought one ....my indice at 9 is wonky too and also does not have the red text.... mine also did not come in a light wooden box either it came in a black one the same as the titanium I purchased :(

I'm sending my one back too

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Seems to me like a rush job to get these out and QC has been bypassed. Such a stunning looking piece in the original pictures you'd have thought that every one would be looked at - I'd rather wait a few weeks for something perfect rather than take early delivery of something thrown together. Advertise one thing but supply another!! I'd love to hear Tykes comments right now!
Markornot
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Markornot »

I noticed one on FB that was posted that had the wonky 9 o’clock marker...I didn’t point it out as some are less sensitive to that sort of stuff than others and didn’t want to damper their excitement but I wonder if there is a short manufacturing run that this occurred...(perhaps this is the same one that I saw there and just a fluke). The photos from the website with the red text was almost illegible...not surprised they switched to white...
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

I imagine that it’s not unusual for small detail of a design to change during progression from prototype to final agreed version ready for sale and promoted via various marketing media to the public.

What however does seem unusual, in a market where detail is important is to:

Put together a well designed attractive watch with specific detail (albeit changed between prototype to production model), but then demonstrate a disjointed end to end process by putting a watch with different detail:
- in your marketing email to potential customers
- on the front cover and in a feature article of your marketing magazine as sent to customers
- on your website sales platform, in both renders and video
- in the owners handbook

Such a shame.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by willttqs »

So it seems like there are atleast 3 people sending theirs back. I am still on the fence as I have waited for it for a while.