C65 Trident GMT now on the CW website

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
.pablo.
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: C65 Trident GMT now on the CW website

Post by .pablo. » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:12 am

... hi, does anyone know if crown is screwed ?

Olympic1912
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:59 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: Devonshire

Re: C65 Trident GMT now on the CW website

Post by Olympic1912 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:33 pm

Crown not screwed down. Which may I say makes hand winding much less of a chore than with a screwed crown. Screwed down crowns arn't really necessary except on serious divers watches like the Trident 600 series.

.pablo.
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: C65 Trident GMT now on the CW website

Post by .pablo. » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:07 pm

... thank you very
much for answer

User avatar
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 6924
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:45 pm
LE-three: yes
Location: California

Re: C65 Trident GMT now on the CW website

Post by blowfish89 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:12 am

It is a very nice watch but I think the hands are incongruent - the gmt hand looks to be plastic and the hour and minute hands steel.

codeture
Senior
Senior
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:52 am

Re: C65 Trident GMT now on the CW website

Post by codeture » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:24 pm

I think this design is familiar but modern, but I can't recall similar watches around.
This has potential to be an iconic CW watch.

Bastien S
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:47 pm

Re: C65 Trident GMT now on the CW website

Post by Bastien S » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:12 pm

Wow! Great looking watch! The only thing id change is I would switch to modern lume for the hands ans marker. Otherwise, killer looking watch!

monkwearmouth
Senior
Senior
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:42 pm

Re: C65 Trident GMT now on the CW website

Post by monkwearmouth » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:20 pm

Love it. The slightly oversized gmt hand is a cool design feature. Deserves to be a classic.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
johnnysharp2
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
Posts: 606
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:20 pm
CW-watches: 5
Location: Lancashire UK

Re: C65 Trident GMT now on the CW website

Post by johnnysharp2 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:19 pm

Olympic1912 wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:56 pm
The Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT which at half the price is a good value with the ETA cal. watch but it just doesn't look like it came from the 1960's unlike the CW C65 GMT which with its box crystal does. This :D watch is spot on in my opinion. Just need a blue face version. In the late 60's the most common face colours were navy blue or champagne.
True, I just think with the C65 at over £900 for the bracelet option the Steinhart represents better value for money, not that the CW isn't a lovely looking watch.
Johnny

srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1025
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:06 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: USA

Re: C65 Trident GMT now on the CW website

Post by srs1286 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:14 pm

^^^
I'm bias but the Steinhart doesn't look nearly as refined as the C65 and at 14mm thick, quite a bit taller than the C65. It's the height of the steinhart (among many other design ques) that ruin it for me. 14mm is a thick watch.

On top of all of that my C65 GMT is currently -4 seconds total after 17 days of wear. -.24 seconds / day

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Scott
C11 Vintage PVD | C60 Titanium V1 | C65 Vintage Diver GMT

User avatar
Amor Vincit Omnia
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18911
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:34 pm
CW-watches: 8
LE-six: Yes
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: C65 Trident GMT now on the CW website

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:34 pm

^^^Terrific pics. Thanks for posting :thumbup:
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage


@Avo238

User avatar
johnnysharp2
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
Posts: 606
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:20 pm
CW-watches: 5
Location: Lancashire UK

Re: C65 Trident GMT now on the CW website

Post by johnnysharp2 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:06 am

Great photos and I agree and based upon your photos I would also prefer the CW, it's just the balance between a significant difference in price.
It's a stunning watch but just under a £1000 is a lot to pay, but it looks fab I agree.
Johnny

srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1025
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:06 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: USA

Re: C65 Trident GMT now on the CW website

Post by srs1286 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:26 am

^^^ True the RRP is quite a bit higher but not near what I paid and the quality was worth it IMO. There is always a discount code floating around (150cw18 if it still works) along with no VAT in the US brought it to about 650 GBP.

CW did themselves a disservice however because this checked all the boxes and now I’m not sure I’ll need another watch lol.
Scott
C11 Vintage PVD | C60 Titanium V1 | C65 Vintage Diver GMT

User avatar
Bahnstormer_vRS
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18010
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:06 pm
CW-watches: 24
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: C65 Trident GMT now on the CW website

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:59 am

srs1286 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:26 am
. . . . . .. .

CW did themselves a disservice however because this checked all the boxes and now I’m not sure I’ll need another watch lol.
:clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap:

Never say never. :wink:

Guy
C3 Chrono |C4 | C5A MkI | C5 BOB LE | C6 x 4 | C7 MkII Harrier | C7 Hornet
C8 MkI | C8 Reg'tor MkII LE | C8 Flyer PR | C9 2011 FLE | C9 Me109 SPC | C10 | C11 Extreme
C60 x 4 | C60 Chrono P'type |C65 Diver P'type | C600 |
Other brands? The odd few

srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1025
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:06 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: USA

Re: C65 Trident GMT now on the CW website

Post by srs1286 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:20 pm

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:59 am
srs1286 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:26 am
. . . . . .. .

CW did themselves a disservice however because this checked all the boxes and now I’m not sure I’ll need another watch lol.
:clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap:

Never say never. :wink:

Guy
:silent: :lol:
Scott
C11 Vintage PVD | C60 Titanium V1 | C65 Vintage Diver GMT

Andy-Smith
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:41 pm

Re: C65 Trident GMT now on the CW website

Post by Andy-Smith » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:57 pm

johnnysharp2 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:19 pm
Olympic1912 wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:56 pm
The Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT which at half the price is a good value with the ETA cal. watch but it just doesn't look like it came from the 1960's unlike the CW C65 GMT which with its box crystal does. This :D watch is spot on in my opinion. Just need a blue face version. In the late 60's the most common face colours were navy blue or champagne.
True, I just think with the C65 at over £900 for the bracelet option the Steinhart represents better value for money, not that the CW isn't a lovely looking watch.
The design is the Rolex Explorer with the Steinhart a closer homage and as you say a fair bit cheaper. As worn by Steve McQueen of course.

Post Reply