Time on Forum vs How often you post

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Markornot
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Re: Time on Forum vs How often you post

Post by Markornot »

As a new member, I am still getting a feel for the vibe but plan on offering what I can to the group. Since happening across this forum (while looking for info on a particular CW model) I have found folks here to be friendly and respectful...a far cry from a couple of motorcycle and car forums I belong to across the pond. It is amazing how territorial people can get with brands, riding/driving styles, and opinions on safety...I often break out into a virtual cold sweat before hitting send :shock: ....Here, however, it seems that folks have one thing in common...a love of timepieces and whether CW or competing brands, it feels as if the support is universal...it is refreshing....or perhaps the other shoe has yet to drop...haha
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jimbo »

hi all,

Bloody ages since I looked in, a number of reasons, one of which is that business got busier, that and I felt I was spending too much time on the computer looking at this site (which i really like) and a MX5/car sites.

Other jobs/chores were not getting done!

I enjoyed a couple of get togethers I went too, one in particular in Winchester where this long table in the pub must have had some several hundreds of £££££ of watches there to ogle at!

CW watches are now also getting expensive for the likes of me, and I can't justify spending the money on stuff I really would not wear that often.....with a large mortgage to still pay off! Having said that I would still like a PO from Omega!

I really like the help one gets from the forum asking questions that don't get the person asking scorn and derision from those that know "everything" but are willing to help.

I like the "3" word posts!

I would also like one of CW's single hand/jump hour watches if one has one they don't want :)

nice to see your still out there Amor and Scooter!.....and others in his list!

cheers Jmibo
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Yes still here jimbo.

Funnily enough I posted this last month
scooter wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:53 am
ianblyth wrote:A table full of watches. And some beer.
This Winchester GTG was back in October 2010 and looks like a hoot.

I joined the Forum a month later and missed it.

Love the way that the watches are just spread about on a couple of pub tables in the middle of a busy bar.

The photograph is owned by Ian Blyth who I hope doesn't mind its' reproduction here.
scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jimbo »

I'm sure he doesn't :)

Shame you were not there.....as it looks like it was your round! haha

I can't remember if it was one I went to.....2010 sounds like a long time ago

cheers Jimbo
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by scooter »

You're right jimbo.

This was your GTG in Winchester March 2011.
Loddonite wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:22 am Another sunny day in the ancient capital of Wessex and, having fought my way past the hordes around the Cathedral and at the Guildhall I arrived, panting and thirsty at the chosen venue. Village and androo were already there and androo kindly went to the bar to get me a drink while I slumped in a cumfy leather chair. Mortis arrived just in time to buy the next round and we moved over to the table that village had booked to find that Beastmaster (+3) were already there. (You'll notice village hasn't bought a drink yet)
Jimbo, Golfjunky and Ian and The Raffles arrived soon afterwards and the table filled up with watches...
So, lets get started then... the first C70US I've seen, very nice too (sorry about the reflections)
Village brought some divers along in a Peli-case that weighed a ton - here are three of the four.
... and above the waves... a couple of marine deck-watch styles - Steinhart with a 6498 and the Sewills with an auto ETA2895 COSC - I really should have taken a pic of the display backs on these.
Time Factors watches were well represented... ( I think I went to get some drinks about now)
Androo decided that bling was the new black and overloaded my camera's ability to deal with highlights. (ordered the food about now - it was a long wait)
Three of the Russian watches that made the trip...
... and a little something that The Raffles picked up at Schipol Airport (I'm about 30 feet away from it)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this belonged to Beastmaster - a lovely Chopard Mille Migla...
... and it turns out that we have the same wrist size - this was nice and snug.
Androo revealed about a cubic metre of bubble wrap with all sorts of goodies in there...
... including these C1s.
Hmmmm another racing type watch...
... lets get them all together...( I think Ian got the drinks about now)
... dash it! - I didn't get Beast-son-in-law's BRM in the racing group, but it's here with a Poljot that missed the Russian group... (hang on - food's arrived!)
... and of course... No CWF GTG would be complete without Ian's B&Q box.
(village's round - oh, we're going home are we?)

Thanks Andy for arranging the venue, herding us down there and dispersing the Morris Men outside Boots on the way back to the station.
scooter
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by hughesyn »

GTG my arse
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by scooter »

Not sure what your arse has to do with it but it was a GTG.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6023&hilit=winchester

scooter
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Like the B&Q improvised watch box. I have one of those myself filled with diy gubbins, maybe it has a different calling!
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

Although a new member I’ve been reading posts and building up my knowledge of CW watches for over a year.
Will only post if I’ve got something constructive to add to a thread. Although will post when I get my first CW watch!
Can’t check on here everyday. To much going on in life. :lol:

I’ll read more than post basically.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Misterchrono
Senior
Senior

Post by Misterchrono »

Hi

I read a lot but post a few.
Does it make me a connoisseur ? I doubt. But I can see and learn very interesting things. That's why i come here on a daily basis.

The drawback is, after a too long period, I have to quit unless I press the trigger on buying a CWL....
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jimbo »

Ian's collection was rather impressive, thanks for sharing those Photo's Scooter.....you even have my hands in them....i recognized the shirt i was wearing !
balloons
Junior
Junior

Post by balloons »

34 posts in 5 years, better pace myself.
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15
LE-three: yes

Post by alphajet »

Long time since I posted here, I do pop in occasionally mostly in the "Other Brands" section. This was my first watch forum back in 2007 and I managed to collect up to 20 CW's, I still have quite a few.
This was always a good friendly place to be and I enjoyed my time here.
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Re: Where Are You Now?

Post by Viognier »

scooter wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:22 am I have definitely slowed down posting to a crawl since the likes of:

village, Loddonite, HvS, Clarky, JM, Monkey, jimbo, Mortis, footy, Leo David, Tooks, paw3001, Redd, androo, Triple X, theaub, alphajet, Robin CB, Aifo, asqwerth, Peteo, Richard B, poppydoodlesdad, Cornish Dave, Lamps, DSHall, Fnew, Jammy Devil, Mr Rick, chrisjohnson, christam, The Laird, castle, Royston 64 etc stopped posting/post only occasionally.

There was a undefinable vibe with that mob that I miss.

Perhaps I'm just getting older.

Apologies to other past members who I have unintentionally overlooked.

scooter
Hello all, I read here occasionally but my 10 month a year passion (fly fishing) keeps my posts more limited. I’d add Scooter, Downer, Kip, Welshlad, Minimpi, Avo, Gaff1958, Guy and Lavaine to my sought out reading list when I do visit.

Great place to learn and catch-up regardless on frequency.....plus I still very much enjoy the CW watches.An ambassador for life and one of the original Canadian word of mouth voices!,
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy