C65 Trident Bronze SH21 - Patinated Edition

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
mvlow
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

C65 Trident Bronze SH21 - Patinated Edition

Post by mvlow » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:38 pm

For those that were curious what the new C65 Trident Bronze would look like once it had patina, CW has added a patinated version to it's website. What do you think?

https://www.christopherward.com/watches ... tion-range
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage CW Joint Force Harrier C7 MkII Seiko SKX007 Hamilton Khaki Field Citizen Nighthawk Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT CW C65 Trident Diver Monta Oceanking

golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: C65 Trident Bronze SH21 - Patinated Edition

Post by golfjunky » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:57 pm

tbh, i still think its weird. why not just wear it and do it yourself.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Seiko SRPB43J1, C60 Trident, Casio G Shock 2327, Garmin Vivoactive

Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:04 pm

I’ve throughly enjoyed watching my C60 Bronze slowly develop its unique patina even though my wrist has turned green. I guess for some all that matters is the ‘finish’ product.
Richard

downer
CW-watches: 3
LE-foura: Yes

Post by downer » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:07 pm

I am pleasantly surprised that the patinated C65 bronze looks fine. I think I was expecting it to look strange (as I liked the almost-gold appearance of the virgin case), but it looks pretty good to me.
Richard

scooter
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:33 pm

I've come to the conclusion that bronze watches are not for me.

I have to say that when they were briefly on my radar, I would not have gone down the already patinated route.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)

H0rati0
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by H0rati0 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:39 pm

scooter wrote:I've come to the conclusion that bronze watches are not for me.

I have to say that when they were briefly on my radar, I would not have gone down the already patinated route.

scooter
Agreed. I like the virgin look, but I think too soft and regular cleaning required. I will stick to gold.

nik
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)

FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by FloridaPhil » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:57 pm

A quick swab with white vinegar gets the watch back to pristine condition in about 60 seconds. A quick rinse with water and all done with no damage to seals etc. While I love the aged look, I totally understand how others might not.

Even though I like patina, I'd still pick the virgin one to watch it develop. However, were a patinated version to appear on the sales page for a decent discount, it would not put me off buying it due to the white vinegar trick.
WatchChat on Facebook - A relaxed and laid back group of watch enthusiasts chatting about watches and whatever else happens to come up.

copemanphoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by copemanphoto » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:52 pm

Richard D wrote:I’ve throughly enjoyed watching my C60 Bronze slowly develop its unique patina even though my wrist has turned green. I guess for some all that matters is the ‘finish’ product.
I agree with Richard, I also like to watch patina develop over time, but lucky me I have not suffered from green wrist........yet.

Which makes me wonder why ! I only wear my C60 Bronze in cooler, non sweaty, non sticky weather so as not to damage the leather strap. Could that be the way to avoid green wrist ? Hmm.

Whoops, sorry for hijacking the thread.........carry on gents, I will see myself to the door. :D
Cheers, Mike.

iain
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:17 pm

I’m not sure if this a popular misconception or whether I’m misinterpreting something. I often read comments against the pre patina watch as though it is assumed that the patina has been finished off and there will be no further aging.

I went for the pre patina version of the trident as I was not a fan of the new look. However a pre patina version is far from the finished article and it still continues to age and alter its appearance almost daily. I was happy to have it start it’s patina journey before I took ownership, but am just as happy with how it’s continuing.

Iain