C65 Trident Bronze SH21 - Patinated Edition

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

C65 Trident Bronze SH21 - Patinated Edition

Post by mvlow » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:38 pm

For those that were curious what the new C65 Trident Bronze would look like once it had patina, CW has added a patinated version to it's website. What do you think?

https://www.christopherward.com/watches ... tion-range
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Seiko SKX007 Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking

golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: C65 Trident Bronze SH21 - Patinated Edition

Post by golfjunky » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:57 pm

tbh, i still think its weird. why not just wear it and do it yourself.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Seiko SRPB43J1, C60 Trident, Casio G Shock 2327, Garmin Vivoactive

Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:04 pm

I’ve throughly enjoyed watching my C60 Bronze slowly develop its unique patina even though my wrist has turned green. I guess for some all that matters is the ‘finish’ product.
Richard

downer
CW-watches: 3
LE-foura: Yes

Post by downer » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:07 pm

I am pleasantly surprised that the patinated C65 bronze looks fine. I think I was expecting it to look strange (as I liked the almost-gold appearance of the virgin case), but it looks pretty good to me.
Richard

scooter
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:33 pm

I've come to the conclusion that bronze watches are not for me.

I have to say that when they were briefly on my radar, I would not have gone down the already patinated route.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)

H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by H0rati0 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:39 pm

scooter wrote:I've come to the conclusion that bronze watches are not for me.

I have to say that when they were briefly on my radar, I would not have gone down the already patinated route.

scooter
Agreed. I like the virgin look, but I think too soft and regular cleaning required. I will stick to gold.

nik
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)

FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by FloridaPhil » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:57 pm

A quick swab with white vinegar gets the watch back to pristine condition in about 60 seconds. A quick rinse with water and all done with no damage to seals etc. While I love the aged look, I totally understand how others might not.

Even though I like patina, I'd still pick the virgin one to watch it develop. However, were a patinated version to appear on the sales page for a decent discount, it would not put me off buying it due to the white vinegar trick.
WatchChat on Facebook - A relaxed and laid back group of watch enthusiasts chatting about watches and whatever else happens to come up.

copemanphoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by copemanphoto » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:52 pm

Richard D wrote:I’ve throughly enjoyed watching my C60 Bronze slowly develop its unique patina even though my wrist has turned green. I guess for some all that matters is the ‘finish’ product.
I agree with Richard, I also like to watch patina develop over time, but lucky me I have not suffered from green wrist........yet.

Which makes me wonder why ! I only wear my C60 Bronze in cooler, non sweaty, non sticky weather so as not to damage the leather strap. Could that be the way to avoid green wrist ? Hmm.

Whoops, sorry for hijacking the thread.........carry on gents, I will see myself to the door. :D
Cheers, Mike.

iain
Senior
Senior

Post by iain » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:17 pm

I’m not sure if this a popular misconception or whether I’m misinterpreting something. I often read comments against the pre patina watch as though it is assumed that the patina has been finished off and there will be no further aging.

I went for the pre patina version of the trident as I was not a fan of the new look. However a pre patina version is far from the finished article and it still continues to age and alter its appearance almost daily. I was happy to have it start it’s patina journey before I took ownership, but am just as happy with how it’s continuing.

Iain