Shocking repair time

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
User avatar
Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:45 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by Thegreyman » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:36 pm

I think there is still good service from CW on the whole but it is the (in)consistency of the customer experience that is a problem which suggests processes are poor.

I got a record of all work carried out on my Trident last year so why didn't you? Is there not a checklist for all watches being sent out after repair that requires the same standards/practices.
Patrick

C7 Hornet COSC LE, C60 FLE Scooter Blue, W11(wife)

Some others + a few on the way

User avatar
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2388
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:51 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: The right side of the Pennines

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by TigerChris » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:00 pm

Thegreyman wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:36 pm
I think there is still good service from CW on the whole but it is the (in)consistency of the customer experience that is a problem which suggests processes are poor.

I got a record of all work carried out on my Trident last year so why didn't you? Is there not a checklist for all watches being sent out after repair that requires the same standards/practices.
I had to send my GMT back not long ago for the second time. The first was a hand alignment fault, the second because it came back from that repair gaining a lot of time. It is now bang on, but both times it was returned back to me it came with a detailed record of work done signed by the repairer. The worrying thing for me reading through all of the posts, across various threads, about returning watches isn't actually the initial fault - sometimes things go wrong, thats life. The issue to me is the amount of times they get returned in an unsatisfactory state, resulting in people having to send the same watch back more than once. To be fair to Scott, when mine came back for the first time and it wasn't right I told him I wasn't waiting the usual time to get it back again as it was their fault - he agreed and got it pushed straight through and I had it back within 2 weeks. So, what is causing the inconsistencies? Is it an issue with one or more members of staff in the repair shop (or whatever its called in the watchmaking world) not doing their job correctly thats reflecting badly on the customer service side? It's easy to blame the 'frontline' people that you actually deal with but, in my experience, it is generally the people behind them that are making them look bad. It only takes one weak link to break the whole chain.
If it’s not from Yorkshire it’s sh1te!

User avatar
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:07 pm
CW-watches: 2

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by Essex Paul » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:04 pm

golfjunky wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:00 am
Why are you still persevering? I’d be long gone by now
Well for one I’m all for giving them a chance. It’s an expensive watch.
Secondly, although it’s hardly been worn I’d lose half the value if I sold it so I’m stuck really.

Also i do like the C65 diver so I’m giving them all that I can to please me.
But I do have my limits.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue

User avatar
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:07 pm
CW-watches: 2

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by Essex Paul » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:09 pm

Thegreyman wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:36 pm
I think there is still good service from CW on the whole but it is the (in)consistency of the customer experience that is a problem which suggests processes are poor.

I got a record of all work carried out on my Trident last year so why didn't you? Is there not a checklist for all watches being sent out after repair that requires the same standards/practices.
I couldn’t believe it when at the bottom of the despatch note it just said “Swiss repair”.
I said to Robert why is it that others have had detailed repair reports and I haven’t? It’s been gone for 9 weeks! He said “ I’ll call Biel”. Poor. Very poor.
It’s my first watch, don’t they not want me to buy another?
As for the scratch, well crap happens I know but wheres the QC??
Robert said they’ll make it urgent but I still have to go to the post office AGAIN and wait another 2 weeks!
If the product wasn’t a watch and just a run of the mill item I certainly wouldn’t be ordering from them again.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue

User avatar
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 7831
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:43 pm
CW-watches: 10
Location: UK

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by nbg » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:42 pm

Essex Paul wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:04 pm
golfjunky wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:00 am
Why are you still persevering? I’d be long gone by now
Well for one I’m all for giving them a chance. It’s an expensive watch.
Secondly, although it’s hardly been worn I’d lose half the value if I sold it so I’m stuck really.

Also i do like the C65 diver so I’m giving them all that I can to please me.
But I do have my limits.
You are not stuck Paul.

One attempt at “replace or repair” - CW failed that test.

Stage two: Just insist on a refund in accordance with your statutory rights.

The legislation has teeth. Use it.

Anyone who thinks that can’t be correct should read the legislation, or failing that the summary on the Which website.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK

User avatar
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1110
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:49 am
CW-watches: 3
Location: Bayern

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by H0rati0 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:35 pm

A depressing thread indeed (sorry Paul).

CW do seem to need a procedural overhaul in repairs - "there's never enough time to do it right, but there's always time to do it again".
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)

Croman86
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:26 pm

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by Croman86 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:31 pm

Lets hope they will improve

User avatar
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:07 pm
CW-watches: 2

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by Essex Paul » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:07 pm

Evening gents.

C1 GMPR UPDATE!!

As you know, (and weary of this saga no doubt), I returned my watch after receiving it scratched after 9 weeks at CW being repaired as it wasn’t self winding.

Well I sent it back on Monday and was confirmed received by Robert in CS on Tuesday. He’d promised to turn it around urgently.
Well, I hadn’t heard anything until an email this afternoon from Helen in CS saying it was being booked in for inspection. I thought WTF, it was supposed to be getting priority attention from Robert.

I thought right I’ve had enough, called CS and Declan answered. Robert was off and he was covering.
I told him my story and that I was totally **** off.
9 weeks gone, now scratched with no technician report either.
Well, he remembered me from my visit to CW towers when I bought it and was very apologetic saying he wished he’d intervened earlier and that he’d call me back.
30 minutes later he called back saying he’d tried polishing the case but couldn’t eradicate the tool scratch and “nick” on case.
So he offered me a NN price and refund difference OR A brand new replacement!!!
The NN offer was tempting but as It was only 8 weeks old before breaking down AND the fact it was in perfect condition I opted for a brand new replacement.
He checked stock, rang me back and said he was couriering it to arrive with me by 1pm tomorrow!
Well I’m happy with that outcome I must say.
Declan said he was even going to call me next week to see how the new piece was performing!!

I’m well impressed with Declan. Just a shame it took this long. If Declan hadn’t of covered CS today I’d still be waiting for god knows how long.

So. Can’t wait for tomorrow and start wearing my new C1. And ,barring more woes, I’ll be buying my second in the summer.
Hopefully this saga is a one off.
Declan Strange 1
CW customer service/QC 0

Good weekend all. :thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue

User avatar
MiniMpi
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 33562
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:56 am
CW-watches: 19
Location: Cork, Ireland

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by MiniMpi » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:04 pm

Declan is a Legend no doubt.
Delighted for you mate.
C9 AM GT LE #001/135, C60 Ombré #001/300, C1-GM-5DA, C7 Proto, C11 Elite, C7 Bluebird, C70 Ascari, C7 COSC LE, C65 MK1 LE, C60 316L, C9-JH-MK3, C600-IPB, C8-KVKT-MK2, C60 GMT, C60 SKRS, C60-TI-V2, C8 UTC, C8 Flyer MK2, C65 Trident Diver, Rolex 912 Tank.

User avatar
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:07 pm
CW-watches: 2

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by Essex Paul » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:09 pm

Thanks Ferg!!
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue

User avatar
Bahnstormer_vRS
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 20741
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:06 pm
CW-watches: 24
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:16 pm

Excellent to hear a happy ending. Well nearly.

Glad it has worked out for you.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

C20 FLE |C4 |C5A MkI |C5 BOB |C6 |C7 MkI 47AD |C7 MkII Harrier |C7 Auto Chrono |C70 x2
C8 MkI |C8 Reg MkII |C8 M2.04 |C9 FLE |C9 Me109 SPC |C60 K'fisher x2 |C60 FLE x2
C60 SH21 |C60 Chrono P'type |C65 Khaki |C600 x2 |C1000 |C4&W7 BBMF

User avatar
Thermexman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 5110
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:40 am
CW-watches: 4
Location: South West UK

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by Thermexman » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:37 pm

Good CS shouldn’t be solely dependant on the individual dispensing it! It should be uniform. It seems as if there’s a communication issue within the walls of CW Towers?
Steve.

User avatar
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1110
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:49 am
CW-watches: 3
Location: Bayern

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by H0rati0 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:59 am

Essex Paul wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:07 pm
Evening gents.

C1 GMPR UPDATE!!

As you know, (and weary of this saga no doubt), I returned my watch after receiving it scratched after 9 weeks at CW being repaired as it wasn’t self winding.

Well I sent it back on Monday and was confirmed received by Robert in CS on Tuesday. He’d promised to turn it around urgently.
Well, I hadn’t heard anything until an email this afternoon from Helen in CS saying it was being booked in for inspection. I thought WTF, it was supposed to be getting priority attention from Robert.

I thought right I’ve had enough, called CS and Declan answered. Robert was off and he was covering.
I told him my story and that I was totally **** off.
9 weeks gone, now scratched with no technician report either.
Well, he remembered me from my visit to CW towers when I bought it and was very apologetic saying he wished he’d intervened earlier and that he’d call me back.
30 minutes later he called back saying he’d tried polishing the case but couldn’t eradicate the tool scratch and “nick” on case.
So he offered me a NN price and refund difference OR A brand new replacement!!!
The NN offer was tempting but as It was only 8 weeks old before breaking down AND the fact it was in perfect condition I opted for a brand new replacement.
He checked stock, rang me back and said he was couriering it to arrive with me by 1pm tomorrow!
Well I’m happy with that outcome I must say.
Declan said he was even going to call me next week to see how the new piece was performing!!

I’m well impressed with Declan. Just a shame it took this long. If Declan hadn’t of covered CS today I’d still be waiting for god knows how long.

So. Can’t wait for tomorrow and start wearing my new C1. And ,barring more woes, I’ll be buying my second in the summer.
Hopefully this saga is a one off.
Declan Strange 1
CW customer service/QC 0

Good weekend all. :thumbup:
Nice to hear - hope that brings it to happy ever after!
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)

User avatar
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:07 pm
CW-watches: 2

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by Essex Paul » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:31 pm

Thanks all.
Received it today and after 11 weeks have a C1 back on my wrist.
Although another call to CW on Monday unfortunately.
Got a C1 Grand Moonphase handbook which has COA in back instead of a Power Reserve handbook.

So, nearly completely satisfied. Within touching distance 😂
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue

User avatar
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2388
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:51 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: The right side of the Pennines

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by TigerChris » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:03 pm

Well, if it’s any consolation, Bremont aren’t too much better in sending things out correctly. This morning I’ve received my COSC cert for my MB2, along with the posh luggage tag (which will just get chucked in a drawer out the way). However, I didn’t only receive mine! I also received another box exactly the same, addressed to me, but with a COSC cert and luggage tag for somebody else. So, somebody somewhere is missing theirs as I have it!
If it’s not from Yorkshire it’s sh1te!

Post Reply