Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by Essex Paul »

@tigerchris

Yeah these things happening I know. Just nice not to have to make yet another call.
Least you did get yours though.
Declan was in a rush to get my watch in the post for today and must have just picked up the first Grand Malvern booklet he saw. I’m sure he’ll pop the correct one in the post on Monday.

And you’ll have to send the other cert back I guess?

It’s just one thing after another for me though, still nearly there. At least I’m wearing the watch now.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Been wearing my GMPR for five hours and the PR indicator is showing the reserve is recharging, was almost down to 4 days when out of the box, now on max.

Boom! :thumbup:
C65 Trident Diver Blue
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Hope it stays problem free :thumbup: it’s been a long road, hopefully all sorted now (well, apart from the manual). Yeah, I’ll drop them an email or give them a call to let them know and see what they want me to do with it.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Essex Paul wrote:Been wearing my GMPR for five hours and the PR indicator is showing the reserve is recharging, was almost down to 4 days when out of the box, now on max.

Boom! Image
Useful information to know an approximate rate of charge for the SH21 auto, Paul.

Relevant for my C60 Trident COSC SH21.

Thanks.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:43 pm
Essex Paul wrote:Been wearing my GMPR for five hours and the PR indicator is showing the reserve is recharging, was almost down to 4 days when out of the box, now on max.

Boom! Image
Useful information to know an approximate rate of charge for the SH21 auto, Paul.

Thanks.

Guy

I found the rate of charge to be very good in my last watch which subsequently failed.
Although as they didn’t send me the repair notes I don’t know whether it was the rotor or indicator disk that failed.
If worn every day it would always show on Max reserve.
C65 Trident Diver Blue
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Great to hear your replacement is all good Paul :thumbup:
Any photos ?
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Will sort something out Ferg. 👍
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Roger, Tranquility. We copy you on the ground. You got a bunch of guys about to turn blue. We're breathing again. Thanks a lot.
Charlie Duke, Apollo 11 Capcom

I really hope this one does the business for you, Paul!
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:02 pm
Roger, Tranquility. We copy you on the ground. You got a bunch of guys about to turn blue. We're breathing again. Thanks a lot.
Charlie Duke, Apollo 11 Capcom

I really hope this one does the business for you, Paul!
Cheers Steve.
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:43 pm

Boom! Image

Thanks.

Guy

Day two Guy.

Overnight/resting lost about 1/3 of a day on the indicator.
Put it on about 10.30am and by 2pm the indicator showed max power.
(Indicator on my failed watch was showing no gain at all resulting in gradual loss of power OR indicator was faulty).
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Declan is sending me the correct manual so all sorted.
Had an interesting chat though regarding not getting an explanation of work/repair done.

Firstly he said that they don’t always get what was done to a watch and that shortly no watches will be sent back to the customer with any notes.

Told him that was crazy. Would you give your car to a garage for weeks on end only for them to return your car saying it’s fixed, give you a bill and then tell you they can’t tell you what was wrong and what was fixed?? No that wouldn’t happen.

Told him that was s big mistake and that they’d get complaints.
So if you’re about to send your watch in for a repair then don’t expect a report as to what was fixed.

#strangedecision.
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Essex Paul wrote:Declan is sending me the correct manual so all sorted.
Had an interesting chat though regarding not getting an explanation of work/repair done.

Firstly he said that they don’t always get what was done to a watch and that shortly no watches will be sent back to the customer with any notes.

Told him that was crazy. Would you give your car to a garage for weeks on end only for them to return your car saying it’s fixed, give you a bill and then tell you they can’t tell you what was wrong and what was fixed?? No that wouldn’t happen.

So if you’re about to send your watch in for a repair then don’t expect a report as to what was fixed.

#strangedecision.
Did Declan differentiate between a Warranty repair and a Customer repair or service, paid for by the Customer?

I agree that to have no details on a paid for Customer repair is undesirable, but for a Warranty repair I can't see that it matters.

Guy

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:58 pm

#strangedecision.
Did Declan differentiate between a Warranty repair and a Customer repair or service, paid for by the Customer?

I agree that to have no details on a paid for Customer repair is undesirable, but for a Warranty repair I can't see that it matters.

Guy

He didn’t differentiate no Guy.
I took it to mean any repair.
And on the contrary, if my watch goes for warranty work I’d still like to know what work was done.
I would anyway.
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Post by Ttf23 »

Essex Paul wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:23 pm [quote=Bahnstormer_vRS post_id=770613 time=<a href="tel:1555336693">1555336693</a> user_id=6758]

#strangedecision.

Guy

He didn’t differentiate no Guy.
I took it to mean any repair.
And on the contrary, if my watch goes for warranty work I’d still like to know what work was done.
I would anyway.
[/quote]

Finally received my C7 apex back after 11 long weeks and I didn’t get any detail of the work done.

I’d have preferred to get a breakdown but it’s not something that I’m going to lose sleep over particularly when there was an obvious fault (date changing the wrong time) and now (at least I think!) it is fixed.

Agree, it would be a very different story if paid for repair work.
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

^^^^^ 11 weeks? Wow :shock:
Have they got that much repair work on? Not a good sign. I know they sell a lot of watches but I’d have thought the number of faulty ones would be minimal.

Apparently soon not even if you had paid for work done. I do hope that’s not right!
C65 Trident Diver Blue