Delivery disappointment

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
lancearmpong

Delivery disappointment

Post by lancearmpong »

It's my silver wedding anniversary coming up and my wife very generously offered to buy me a watch to mark the occasion. I had been wavering between a C60 Trident/Longines/Tag, but the weekend discount sealed the deal and I ordered a Trident. Received an order acknowledgement, which advised that although delivery is normally next working day, during sales periods it could take a little longer. No problem. Yesterday the website was showing the watch out of stock until early September. Lucky me I thought, got in just in time. Pinged them an email this morning asking when I could expect delivery - early September. Either they don't have a live stock control system or they generate sales via discounts then manufacture to order, like a group buy. For an expensive item like this, it would be good to be told that there will be a wait for delivery, rather than having to find out for myself. First world problem I know, rant over!
Creasy22

Re: Delivery disappointment

Post by Creasy22 »

I understand your frustration however it’s made pretty clear on the website under the fans that this is the case.

What does ‘preorder’ mean?
Preorder means that this watch is not yet ready and we’re waiting for its first delivery (or we’re temporarily out of stock). The preorder date is the date we expect it to be ready to ship to customers.

NB: If you order a preorder watch, we will not charge credit card payments until it is ready to be shipped. For payments by PayPal, the funds will be taken immediately.
lancearmpong

Re: Delivery disappointment

Post by lancearmpong »

Creasy22 wrote:I understand your frustration however it’s made pretty clear on the website under the fans that this is the case.

What does ‘preorder’ mean?
Preorder means that this watch is not yet ready and we’re waiting for its first delivery (or we’re temporarily out of stock). The preorder date is the date we expect it to be ready to ship to customers.

NB: If you order a preorder watch, we will not charge credit card payments until it is ready to be shipped. For payments by PayPal, the funds will be taken immediately.
Thanks, but I think you have misunderstood my point. When I ordered, the watch was not listed as pre-order.