C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE £1850

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE £1850

Post by downer »

TigerChris wrote:For what it is, the pricing seems to be about right. It's certainly a fantastic looking piece and I really like the design. It's not for me as my first venture into bronze will probably be something cheaper, if I venture into it at all, but I'm sure it will sell no problem. If it was the same design but with standard movement I would be very tempted to give bronze a try.
That's about where I am at it with it, too - and also the reason my local Tudor AD hasn't seen any money. If/When I buy a bronze watch it will only ever be a niche watch in my collection, so it needs not to be an expensive one.

This is a very nice design though, and I admit to being tempted.
Richard
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

I can't remember if anything was mentioned in the chat, but I think we'll see a bronze version of the standard model after the SH21 has sold.

CW has done a top job with this LE, but I will continue to admire bronze watches on other people's wrists ... a visually ageing metal doesn't appeal to me at present.

Now that a bracelet has been announced for the steel, I'll certainly be considering that as a birthday treat.
Ryan
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

It’s a fair price for a beautifully designed and engineered watch. I tried the C65 Trident Diver and it simply got lost on my wrist. Hence, passing on the bronze.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Nice, but pricey compared to the C8PR which in my biased opinion is a more interesting watch. I don't agree that the price is too expensive for CW's image: in house movement, imaginative piece and splendidly executed it seems should be where they are aiming.

Downside: I'm not convinced about the bronze case, though it does look nice here.

nik
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neilj568 »

Nicer looking than the non bronze version......but I'm not a fan of bronze so it's a no from me... :)
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by oberonfoto »

Hmmm looks great but way out of my budget but having read the article about the Tudor Bronze and it bezel I would be worried that the bezel would 'break' down if in contact salt water: https://www.watchprosite.com/rolex/some ... 6.8966566/
David
CWL C60 Trident Pro Orange, C60 Trident 600 GMT Red, C60 Trident 300 - RN SM Service, C60 Trident 600 Bronze GMT, C65 Dartmouth S1 Black
EB Canford SM Service, EB Holton Pro, Omega Geneve, Record Swan, CWC G10
Wife:
CWL Constance
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

oberonfoto wrote:Hmmm looks great but way out of my budget but having read the article about the Tudor Bronze and it bezel I would be worried that the bezel would 'break' down if in contact salt water: https://www.watchprosite.com/rolex/some ... 6.8966566/
Interesting. While aluminium is very reactive in a salt water environment, the anodising should prevent that. Two possibilities for the Tudor:

1. faulty anodising or possibly damage to the coating
2. galvanic corrosion, affects aluminium badly when in an electrical circuit with copper in this case bronze being an alloy of copper.

The Tudor probably has a specific design problem that allows conduction between the aluminium in the bezel and the bronze when salt water is present, but such a problem could occur with any watch without careful consideration.

nik
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

I find it to be really attractive with that virgin bronze finish. Almostwish it could be protected from patina to keep that lovely rose gold look.
I am another that would have prefered the standard movement. The sh21 offers no advantage to me and takes it from a possible to a pass.
Nice enough they will all sell I’m sure
Cheers now, Paul
cincfleet
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

Post by cincfleet »

tempusmaximus wrote:Lovely looking watch , I really like the design , very , very nice . But its out of my budget .
Sums my thoughts up. I do like it has the small seconds hand :thumbup:
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

stefs wrote:I find it to be really attractive with that virgin bronze finish. Almostwish it could be protected from patina to keep that lovely rose gold look.
I share this view too. If it was rose gold I'd be seriously tempted. I'm not sure it will be half as attractive once the bronze patina kicks in.

I think my bronze watch, if any, will be at the cheaper end, eg one of the Steinharts, having talked myself out of the C60 Bronze recently. I should never have sold my Halios Tropik B!
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Looks a lot better to me than the standard C65 diver. That said I can’t really envisage buying a watch in a bronze case with an SH21 movement.

Maybe the reason I like the look is that it reminds me of Rose gold.

I am sure it will sell well.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Lovely looking watch, but as has been said many times, out of my price range for a bronze watch...
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I agree it is a beautiful looking watch however I too don't think it would look as good with patination, and I don't know how easy it would be to clean/depatinate. I understand the appeal of the SH21 but I think I'd find a SW200 auto at £1k cheaper more attainable.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
rich3586
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by rich3586 »

Thegreyman wrote:I agree it is a beautiful looking watch however I too don't think it would look as good with patination, and I don't know how easy it would be to clean/depatinate. I understand the appeal of the SH21 but I think I'd find a SW200 auto at £1k cheaper more attainable.
Exactly my thoughts, instantly puts out my price range :(
Magnus
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Magnus »

Love the wee small seconds hand as a miniature version of the hour minute cricket bat hands
2015 FLE, 2013 FLE, C60 Black, C11 Makaira Pro 500 Blue, C8 Pilot Mk II, , C7 Rapide MK I, C4 Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
Corum Admirals Cup
Stowa 1938 Chronograph
Vintage Certina
Tag Heuer F1