No Name

Discuss Christopher Ward watches

No Name

Postby panamavin » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:37 pm

Nice piece who makes it? :silent:

4E90DBEA-D6A1-4F0C-AEC5-DFECFE88A3BA.jpeg
panamavin
Senior
Senior
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:35 am
Location: Birmingham AL
CW-watches: 4

Re: No Name

Postby DISJT » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:14 pm

:lol: It can't be time for another logo debate already, can it?

Maybe the Omega logo fell off?
CHRIS
User avatar
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:54 pm
Location: Plymouth, England, UK
CW-watches: 5

Re: No Name

Postby panamavin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:17 am

In all seriousness, I’m a convert to the fully spelled name. However at 9 o’clock not so much. The poor chap at 12 is feeling empty looking for his woobie!
panamavin
Senior
Senior
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:35 am
Location: Birmingham AL
CW-watches: 4

Re: No Name

Postby H0rati0 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:42 am

panamavin wrote:In all seriousness, I’m a convert to the fully spelled name. However at 9 o’clock not so much. The poor chap at 12 is feeling empty looking for his woobie!


Agreed. The 12 position is better, but there is an argument that at 9 balances the date window, even more so when day date.

nik

Image
"It is better to practice a little, than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
User avatar
H0rati0
Senior
Senior
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:49 am
Location: Rosenheim, Germany
CW-watches: 2

Re: No Name

Postby Mikkei4 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:51 pm

H0rati0 wrote:
panamavin wrote:In all seriousness, I’m a convert to the fully spelled name. However at 9 o’clock not so much. The poor chap at 12 is feeling empty looking for his woobie!


Agreed. The 12 position is better, but there is an argument that at 9 balances the date window, even more so when day date.

nik

Image


The flags at 9 would balance date or day/date and then have the name centred at 12.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:20 pm
Location: Berks
CW-watches: 0

Re: No Name

Postby panamavin » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:46 pm

Mikkei4 wrote:
H0rati0 wrote:
panamavin wrote:In all seriousness, I’m a convert to the fully spelled name. However at 9 o’clock not so much. The poor chap at 12 is feeling empty looking for his woobie!


Agreed. The 12 position is better, but there is an argument that at 9 balances the date window, even more so when day date.

nik

Image


The flags at 9 would balance date or day/date and then have the name centred at 12.


This I would definitely go for. :clap:
panamavin
Senior
Senior
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:35 am
Location: Birmingham AL
CW-watches: 4

Re: No Name

Postby kygan00 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:19 am

panamavin wrote:Nice piece who makes it? :silent:

The attachment 4E90DBEA-D6A1-4F0C-AEC5-DFECFE88A3BA.jpeg is no longer available


So much potential
Attachments
Picture1.png
kygan00
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:36 am

Re: No Name

Postby biggus_richus » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:49 am

I think one trident is enough.
biggus_richus
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:31 pm
CW-watches: 1

Re: No Name

Postby nordwulf » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:15 pm

H0rati0 wrote:Agreed. The 12 position is better, but there is an argument that at 9 balances the date window, even more so when day date.


Problem solved when the date window is at 6.

Image

Mikkei4 wrote:The flags at 9 would balance date or day/date and then have the name centred at 12.


Yup.. anything at 12 would be better than nothing.

Image
User avatar
nordwulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
 
Posts: 1516
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:39 am
Location: USA - Netherlands

Re: No Name

Postby H0rati0 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:16 pm

nordwulf wrote:
H0rati0 wrote:Agreed. The 12 position is better, but there is an argument that at 9 balances the date window, even more so when day date.


Problem solved when the date window is at 6.

Image

Mikkei4 wrote:The flags at 9 would balance date or day/date and then have the name centred at 12.


Yup.. anything at 12 would be better than nothing.

Image


Nice work!

If they are going to use the long name 12 position seems to work best. Name at 12 and date at 6 I do like. While twin flags could replace name, name & flags together a bit much really though used to balance the date window is tolerable.

My 2 penn'orth, YMMV.

nik
"It is better to practice a little, than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
User avatar
H0rati0
Senior
Senior
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:49 am
Location: Rosenheim, Germany
CW-watches: 2


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ddav, Majestic-12 [Bot], msdsx, ptfly and 10 guests

Christopher Ward Website