Purchasing a CW from the Philippines

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Watchnoob21

Purchasing a CW from the Philippines

Post by Watchnoob21 »

Hi CWers, anyone here from the Philippines? Just wanted to ask if there's any of you who bought from CW from here. How was it? Been eyeing a CW C60, and wanted to buy one. I have purchased from Jomashop, sadly, they do not offer CWs. Any other alternatives?
Czechia
Senior
Senior

Re: Purchasing a CW from the Philippines

Post by Czechia »

I'm not from Philippines, but I get my CW watches shipped to Czech Republic with no hassle at all - in fact it's very quick - the customer service is great at CW and if they offer delivery to your region, I'm sure there won't be any issues.

Good Luck and happy shopping!
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

CW make sales to all corners of the world. I’m not from the Philippines but I would assume your postal and delivery service is good. Therefore, I don’t think you should worry about placing an order. Enjoy your new C60.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Welcome aboard. :wave:

My brother lives in Singapore and recently had a CW watch shipped to him. Paid the small amount extra for 'Express Delivery'.

Purchased mid morning on a Friday, dispatched that afternoon with DHL, and delivered to him in Singapore on the Tuesday Morning (might have been a day sooner but for the weekend).

If you use normal 'free' shipping it will be sent via Royal Mail and Philippines post, so will naturally take longer.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Watchnoob21

Post by Watchnoob21 »

Wow, thanks for the response everyone. I have a friend who's currently in the UK, i wanted to buy now, but as I have read, CW usually throws sales regularly. Might just wait for that before I buy one. Will just have it delivered in any case.
Bahnstormer_vRS

@Watchnoob21 - point to mention is that if your friend in UK buys he/she will have to pay including 20% VAT; unless they are visiting (on holiday/business) and can reclaim the VAT on leaving the country/EU.

If you buy direct and ship to the Philippines it will be VAT free.

Sales, when they happen which is usually twice a year (we've just got the tail end of the Summer Clearance at the moment, the next will be sometime after Christmas) are usually only for 'run out' models that are being retired from the range and / or 'nearly new'.

Regular and new models are not usually included in sales but do have voucher promotions, maybe £100 or 10% off, from time to time throughout the year.

What are you thinking of getting?

Guy

Watchnoob21

Post by Watchnoob21 »

Hi Guy, im thinking hard about getting either the regular C60 600 or the GMT.

As for the VAT, if he can reclaim what he's paying, I guess its better off picked up there against being delivered here. The Customs bureau here is renowned for being corrupt and charge tax more than what its worth.

Welp, if the models im eyeing for won't be on sale for the foreseeable future, might as well buy now.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Bahnstormer_vRS

Watchnoob21 wrote:Hi Guy, im thinking hard about getting either the regular C60 600 or the GMT.

As for the VAT, if he can reclaim what he's paying, I guess its better off picked up there against being delivered here. The Customs bureau here is renowned for being corrupt and charge tax more than what its worth.

Welp, if the models im eyeing for won't be on sale for the foreseeable future, might as well buy now.

Good choice between the C60 600 or the GMT, both fine watches.

I can understand the customs risk at your end with normal AirMail postage but would it still apply if the package is being handled by DHL?

Guy

Watchnoob21

Post by Watchnoob21 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Watchnoob21 wrote:Hi Guy, im thinking hard about getting either the regular C60 600 or the GMT.

Good choice between the C60 600 or the GMT, both fine watches.

I can understand the customs risk at your end with normal AirMail postage but would it still apply if the package is being handled by DHL?

Guy
I think so. With my previous experience with Jomashop, the watch I bought was delivered by UPS. It was a Glycine Combat Sub that retailed around 440 USD, I was taxed roughly 100 USD worth.

Kahney26

Post by Kahney26 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:@Watchnoob21 - point to mention is that if your friend in UK buys he/she will have to pay including 20% VAT; unless they are visiting (on holiday/business) and can reclaim the VAT on leaving the country/EU.

If you buy direct and ship to the Philippines it will be VAT free.

Sales, when they happen which is usually twice a year (we've just got the tail end of the Summer Clearance at the moment, the next will be sometime after Christmas) are usually only for 'run out' models that are being retired from the range and / or 'nearly new'.

Regular and new models are not usually included in sales but do have voucher promotions, maybe £100 or 10% off, from time to time throughout the year.

What are you thinking of getting?

Guy
Hi, for the VAT reclaim, I don’t think you can get that unless you buy directly from CW showroom. So far as I know we can not get VAT refund if we buy products from an online store. Anyone get any clues if CW is different?
Bahnstormer_vRS

CW will not, I doubt, be different.

The watch will have to be purchased on a Showroom visit as within the rules for tax free shopping in the UK

"You can use tax-free shopping for any goods you’ve paid VAT on except:

mail order goods including Internet sales"

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

Kahney26

Post by Kahney26 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:CW will not, I doubt, be different.

The watch will have to be purchased on a Showroom visit as within the rules for tax free shopping in the UK

Guy

Hi,
If there is a discount code on the website, can I get the same discount in showroom? I tried this before with other retailers and they said the promotion were not the same, so I’m not quite sure if they do the same promotion instore as online store :D
Bahnstormer_vRS

Kahney26 wrote:
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:CW will not, I doubt, be different.

Guy

Hi,
If there is a discount code on the website, can I get the same discount in showroom? I tried this before with other retailers and they said the promotion were not the same, so I’m not quite sure if they do the same promotion instore as online store :D
Better to ask CW on that one.

Guy