Problems paying

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
quark
Senior
Senior

Problems paying

Post by quark »

I wanted to order a Milanese strap from CW. Unfortunately my Kaspersky anti virus blocked it as a dangerous site based on heuristic analysis. I informed CW customer services of the problem, plus the url, but they never replied. I tried again today and the same message came up. Now I can probably mark the payment site "allowed" despite the warning and I can probably email CW again, but I cannot be bothered. I have bought the same strap from Germany and CW have lost me as a customer.. Anyone else had this payment problem? Do you reckon it's a false positive? Surely CW ought to be concerned and at least get back to me. This isn't the Christopher Ward of old. The company is getting too big to care about the odd order for a watch strap. So why should I bother if they indeed have a problem with their payment site.
politel
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 8

Re: Problems paying

Post by politel »

No problems so far.
Maybe you have to configure Kaspesky?
Rainer

wanted:
C9 Me109 Single Pusher Chronograph
C8 Flyer Mk II DLC
C8 Power Reserve Chronometer DLC
C11 Makaira Titanium Extreme 1000
C65 Trident Diver SH21 LE
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I bought a watch about 10 days ago in the clearance and had the same issue with Kaspersky (Window 10 on PC). Worked around it by switching Kaspersky Protection 'off' for a few moments, worked through the order and switched Kaspersky back 'on'.

Tried it just now, as I wanted a strap in the relisted clearance, the order & payment went straight through with no issues and is now showing on my Credit Card account as a pending transaction.

To my mind more of an issue with Kaspersky (not sure what you mean by a 'false positive') than with CW website; maybe a glitch with a particular version.

I'm currently running Kaspersky Total Security 19.0.0.1088(a).
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

This is the fault of your Kaspersky software, not CW. I'm not sure what CW could have done in this instance? You could have phoned to place your order, or placed it online using a different device.

Perhaps uninstall Kaspersky and install a better alternative.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex