Confused by sale prices.

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Confused by sale prices.

Post by mvlow »

Looking at some of the sale prices I am a little confused as to how they determine the actual price. The same Vintage C60 watch is priced higher in the nearly new section than the same watch in the half price sale :?

N60-43ADA2-SKKK1-B0 - C60 Trident Pro 600 Vintage - Nearly New - Black Vintage - $890 original price $623 sale price.

S60-43ADA2-SKKK1-B0 - C60 Trident Pro 600 Vintage - Black Vintage (Half Price Sale) $830 original price $415 sale price.

Unless I'm missing something, why would anyone purchase the Nearly new version for $208 more than the brand new version. The specs look the same and the serial number is the same except for the first letter, which I assume is N for Nearly New and S for Sale. Also the original price is different, $830 for the brand new and $890 for the nearly new.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Re: Confused by sale prices.

Post by smegwina »

That's just the way it is in the sales! Nearly new cannot be in the sale as they are not new. If you're quick, you get the new one in the sale. If not, you get the nearly new, still at a decent discount, but more than the sale price.

Thems the breaks.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

smegwina wrote:That's just the way it is in the sales! Nearly new cannot be in the sale as they are not new. If you're quick, you get the new one in the sale. If not, you get the nearly new, still at a decent discount, but more than the sale price.

Thems the breaks.

But the nearly new are advertised in the sale and they show a sale price of 30% off. I'm assuming CW can price the nearly new watches any way they want, so it would make sense to price them lower than the brand new sale price, wouldn't it? Just seems like a weird pricing strategy.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

mvlow wrote:
smegwina wrote:That's just the way it is in the sales! Nearly new cannot be in the sale as they are not new. If you're quick, you get the new one in the sale. If not, you get the nearly new, still at a decent discount, but more than the sale price.

Thems the breaks.

But the nearly new are advertised in the sale and they show a sale price of 30% off. I'm assuming CW can price the nearly new watches any way they want, so it would make sense to price them lower than the brand new sale price, wouldn't it? Just seems like a weird pricing strategy.
It certainly is weird, no doubt about it!

I assume it is for consistency. NN are 30% off whether there is a sale on or not.

Once the sale ends, those NN will probably still be there at 30%off, and will no doubt sell eventually.

mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

smegwina wrote:
mvlow wrote:

Thems the breaks.

It certainly is weird, no doubt about it!

I assume it is for consistency. NN are 30% off whether there is a sale on or not.

Once the sale ends, those NN will probably still be there at 30%off, and will no doubt sell eventually.

I think a better way to do it would be to price the nearly new lower than the same new sale watch for the length of the "big sale" then put them back to 30% off after the sale. I think sometimes I may be thinking a little too logically :o
Malcolm

ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

You are talking about watches and prices. There is no logic.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by DISJT »

I don't think there's any logic and I'm sure they're all stocked on the same shelf.

I've bought "NEW" watches in previous sales that arrived and clearly weren't new (links removed and signs of wear)
but similarly, I've bought "NEARLY NEW" watches that turned up pristine with all the plastic wrappings still in place.

I console myself with the excellent returns policy so still take the chance.
CHRIS
theemaadhatter
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 8

Post by theemaadhatter »

ianblyth wrote:You are talking about watches and prices. There is no logic.
Yeah, that pretty much says it all.
TMH (https://watchcomplications.com)
"it is maddening choosing your outfit based on the watch you want to wear..."
Les47
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by Les47 »

Bought nearly new trident in last sale couldn’t fault it great buy