nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: Chat with Chris 2018 Questions

Post by nbg »

DISJT wrote:
welshlad wrote:
richtel wrote:The Trident range continues to be a very popular model. While the two current model sizes sell well, there continues to be a feeling from many that the 43mm is too large yet the 38mm too small. Are CW considering an intermediate case size?
+1

I know it's been asked before but it's still a very relevant question and their viewpoint may have changed now.
+1
+1
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

i'm curious, because i don't know of any brand that does... is there a brand out there that has three different sizes of one watch? i've seen a number that have two, that's fairly common.
the "g" is for Greg...
STodd
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 13
LE-five: yes

Post by STodd »

gwells wrote:i'm curious, because i don't know of any brand that does... is there a brand out there that has three different sizes of one watch? i've seen a number that have two, that's fairly common.
Technically, the Planet Ocean does - 39.5mm and 43.5mm, with 45.5mm for chronograph models.
C60 GMT MkI¦C11 Elite,Pro¦C700 Grande Rapide¦C8 Pilot MkII¦C8 UTC¦C10 FLE#13¦C4 'Phoenix'¦Speedhawk¦Bluebird LE#319¦IRR LE#129¦C1000 FGR4
Omega PO 2201.51.00¦Damasko DA44¦Seiko KS 5621-7020, SRP639¦Luminox 1833¦Newmark 6BB¦Scurfa DiverOne NATO
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Any plans to expand the two-piece strap range to include different materials or material combinations?

Will there be any new case designs, like the very impressive C7, coming soon? Or will the C7 case be used outside the motorsport range?

CW used to make leather accessories. Any plans to introduce new items (like a watch roll or similar travel case) featuring the twin flags motif, which is very successful embossed on straps?

CW have expanded their relationships with sports people. Will you be moving into any other areas or stick to not wanting to "sponsor" too many people.

There's a very wide range of watch styles available from CW. I'd assume dive watches are the most popular, but is there a category you'd like to do more of, or see more interest in? How do you go about choosing what category to develop an idea for?

If you could each pick one watch, past or present, for a "one watch" to wear, which would it be? Which are you most proud of or do you find yourself always enjoying seeing in the metal?
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

gwells wrote:i'm curious, because i don't know of any brand that does... is there a brand out there that has three different sizes of one watch? i've seen a number that have two, that's fairly common.
The Rolex Oyster Perpetual and Datejust both come in 5 sizes.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Chat with Chris 2018 Questions

Post by gaf1958 »

Lavaine wrote: The Rolex Oyster Perpetual and Datejust both come in 5 sizes.
Omega’s Aqua Terra range initially had at least 4 sizes at one time. Approximate sizes were 42, 39, 36 and a smaller size in the low 30s (don’t recall exactly). The current version has been simultaneously available in 41.5, 38.5, 36ish and 32/34 iirc.

Edit: one of these versions had a circa 28mm size as well. I guess that makes 5 just to match up to Rolex.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

In the previous chat, toying around with an extreme diver was mentioned in reference the titanium C60 line. Has this idea progressed any further? As a follow up, CW’s titanium offerings are fairly limited (titanium C11’s are long past, and the two models in the C60 have not received updates in quite some time). A V3 or any other offerings in the works?
arzt
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by arzt »

it was announced the creation of a in-house (SH21-based) Chronograph in 2018 and GMT-complication for SH21.
At what stage is the development?
Do you have any pictures?
Any new complications for SH21?
What about SH21 for Motorsport collection (C7 Rapide case)?
"Die Kraft steckt in der Qualität." ©
C9-SS & C60 COSC & C1GM 5day Blue dial Prototype #0000
Carlito149
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Carlito149 »

They should replace 38mm with 40mm-
Savagemouse
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 3

Post by Savagemouse »

Some of the best designs (in my opinion of course) have been the watches with TMB "art" metal inside and the morgan watches. These are all watches I would own for the design alone.

Have you plans to potentially start this design language without adding price hiking bits of metal or use non sh21 movements.

Example of this would be C8 P2725 Automatic which still had most of the design language of the C9 P2725 TM-B Limited Edition
Matt
Dclarkwatch
Junior
Junior

Post by Dclarkwatch »

DISJT wrote:
welshlad wrote:
richtel wrote:The Trident range continues to be a very popular model. While the two current model sizes sell well, there continues to be a feeling from many that the 43mm is too large yet the 38mm too small. Are CW considering an intermediate case size?
+1

+1
I know it's been asked before but it's still a very relevant question and their viewpoint may have changed now.
+1
Matta
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by Matta »

Question 1 - regarding fabulous C65 Trident diver line: will we get to see new models in the future (bronze, chrono, version with date, with steel bracelet) ?
Question 2 - Regarding lume. Could we see more abundantly applied lume on watches ? Some were good (like Typhon series) but some are just bad regarding that (Trident line). Maybe mostly unimportant for majority of people but I really love to see watch glows like torch after sun/light exposure.
Question 3 - Have you thought about vintage dress watches "bauhaus" style (simple design, domed crystal, etc) ?
ryamam
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by ryamam »

Do you have any pictures of prototypes that can share in this forum?
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by DISJT »

Have you considered developing a dual quick-release springbar for the Trident bracelet?

You'd be the first to market (I believe) and greatly reduce the risk of damaging the case when removing / refitting the bracelet.
CHRIS
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Any more thoughts on future developments with the forum? Not another FLE but changes to the structure and format of the forum infrastructure as mentioned after the mods visited CW Towers.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris