Facebook Limited Edition

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
nordwulf

Re: Facebook Limited Edition

Post by nordwulf »

I wonder why they never made it with black markers and hands so it would look like this all the time? :?

JaseRicco
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Post by JaseRicco »

fantasque wrote:
FloridaPhil wrote:
nbg wrote:So out of interest has the final design been chosen and if so is it the blue bezel, white dial Trident with twin flags at 12 and no word mark at 9?

If yes, will it be available in both 38mm and 43mm?

Neil
Yes on the design. Some discussion still on the handset. CW will be asked the question regarding 38mm availability next week but, personally speaking, I doubt there will be sufficient interest to bring it about. Unless there is.
I for one hope there will be a 38mm version as anything larger than 40mm looks too big on my rather puny wrist.
^^I agree
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

Get on the group and make your wishes known. There may be a bronze Trident gaining steam too (I'm in for that one). That's in addition to the blue/white by the way.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
JaseRicco
Junior
Junior

Post by JaseRicco »

nordwulf wrote:I wonder why they never made it with black markers and hands so it would look like this all the time? :?

I like this a lot. The black ties into the bezel nicely as well.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

fantasque wrote:
Tyke wrote:Kip,

You say there are about 20 C3 FLE's 'for sale' but where exactly are they on offer? I don't see them in the clearance section (not suggesting they should be discounted) but unless people can access them to buy then they can't really be expected to shift anytime soon.
Due to lack of funds at the time, I missed out on the 2017 FLE last year, I am now in a position to buy one so if there really is 20 still for sale at CWL how do I go about purchasing one? Clearly states on the FLE section of this forum that all FLE’s are “Sold Out” including the 2017 C3.

Contact Scott.Callaway@christopherward.co.uk

Put in your subject line FLE #7.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Tyke wrote:Kip,

You say there are about 20 C3 FLE's 'for sale' but where exactly are they on offer? I don't see them in the clearance section (not suggesting they should be discounted) but unless people can access them to buy then they can't really be expected to shift anytime soon.
That’s a very good point. The first I knew that there were 20 unsold was when I read Kip’s post.

Why don’t CW simply put them on the website alongside the standard C3 models as a limited availability model designed by the CW forum? No need to put them in the clearance section, I’m sure they’d sell as a full priced model, rather than having them sitting around unsold - as no-one currently knows they even exist - probably including most forum members.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

The units that CW has are all returned except 1 which was never delivered. There was some chat about some being available awhile ago. Regardless, CW will be putting them up on the website when they are ready.

I will make an announcement when they are on the website.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
DillyDilly
Senior
Senior

Post by DillyDilly »

nordwulf wrote:I wonder why they never made it with black markers and hands so it would look like this all the time? :?

The new Maen Hudson in Ghost White looks similar to this.
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

Kip wrote:The units that CW has are all returned except 1 which was never delivered. There was some chat about some being available awhile ago. Regardless, CW will be putting them up on the website when they are ready.

I will make an announcement when they are on the website.
Which will probably be pretty soon now they have been reminded they are gathering dust on a shelf
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Richard D wrote:
ianblyth wrote:It is getting called CWE LE rather than use Facebook name. The E standing for Enthusiasts. So no mixup with FLE.

The initial thought was for a blue/orange GMT custom but that would require a minimum order of 200 watches. To use an existing watch and just customise the dial and back drops that to a minimum of £25 watches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love this - it would be just what I want BUT a 43mm Trident is too big for me and I'm not sure a 38mm would suit a GMT and CW won't do a 40/41mm Trident so this won't happen sadly.

Good on Facebook doing a LE and good luck to them.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

nordwulf wrote:This was posted on the FB post:
Delivery date was estimated at January/February time
8-9 months to make a small change to the dial and grab some parts from other watches? Of course I don't run my own watch company but how hard can it be for it to take 8 months? The new C60 Trident will probably be out by then.
It always seems simple doesn't it.

Most of the delay will be likely be found in the dial development. The design hasn't even been approved yet. The. A drawing must be done and sent to the dial maker. Samples must then go to CW for approval. Then it gets in line for production. Somewhere in there the Swiss will shut down for a month. Then the completed dials will be sent to SH when done,and into the production line again.

Remember that all of ours took several months as well, regardless of the simplicity or complexity.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

JaseRicco
Junior
Junior

Post by JaseRicco »

Mikkei4 wrote:
Richard D wrote:
ianblyth wrote:It is getting called CWE LE rather than use Facebook name. The E standing for Enthusiasts. So no mixup with FLE.

The initial thought was for a blue/orange GMT custom but that would require a minimum order of 200 watches. To use an existing watch and just customise the dial and back drops that to a minimum of £25 watches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love this - it would be just what I want BUT a 43mm Trident is too big for me and I'm not sure a 38mm would suit a GMT and CW won't do a 40/41mm Trident so this won't happen sadly.

Good on Facebook doing a LE and good luck to them.
Why wouldn’t a 38mm suit a GMT function? They have the Trident GMT available in 38mm available for purchase.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Kip wrote:
nordwulf wrote:This was posted on the FB post:
Delivery date was estimated at January/February time
8-9 months to make a small change to the dial and grab some parts from other watches? Of course I don't run my own watch company but how hard can it be for it to take 8 months? The new C60 Trident will probably be out by then.
It always seems simple doesn't it.

Most of the delay will be likely be found in the dial development. The design hasn't even been approved yet. The. A drawing must be done and sent to the dial maker. Samples must then go to CW for approval. Then it gets in line for production. Somewhere in there the Swiss will shut down for a month. Then the completed dials will be sent to SH when done,and into the production line again.

Remember that all of ours took several months as well, regardless of the simplicity or complexity.
The only change on the dial is removing the CW wordmark and adding the twin flags from the C7. Nothing else is different and nothing needs to be developed. How long does it take to produce 25 dials?

I guess the British and Swiss just need more time than others, many weeks for approval for each step, communication is by postal pigeon and delivery is by donkey.. But customs clearance for a watch for repair is 2 weeks in the UK and repair takes up to 2 months so not surprising.

I special-ordered a brand new Saab 9-3 many years ago and picked it up a couple of months later at the factory in Sweden. Don't tell me making a watch dial with a few small changes and fitting it in their extremely tight production schedule is much more complicated than building an entire car.

It's not like this is the first bespoke watch they have ever done. No offense Kip but 8-9 months for a small dial change and manufacturing a small watch is embarrassing.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

^^ Sorry, but that post demonstrates a lack of understanding and tolerance of the processes.

I would be very surprised if your “special order” SAAB contained any bespoke (one-off, design and make to order) components. Instead it would be simply be a build to order using standard items in a pre-allocated production slot, so hardly a like-for-like comparison at all.

I wonder if there’s a danger of you reinforcing the “instant gratification Facebook generation” stereotype? ;)
Richard
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

It takes four months just to build and finish one run of the mill dress Longines from scratch. FYI.
I miss all the great things that may never be.