My first CW watch still going strong! C9 JH MK1

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
MatthewThomas21
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

My first CW watch still going strong! C9 JH MK1

Post by MatthewThomas21 »

So I bought a C9 Jumping hour MK1 (the last one left - #77!) back in 2012 and it is still going strong having been serviced quite recently (and at a very reasonable price by CW - thanks very much!)

It is still in regular rotation with my other watches and I know I will never part with it - it is far too sentimental to me and I don't think there are many other watches that have its unique design on the market.

Talking about the design...I can certainly see that the subsequent iterations of the JH improved upon some of the early issues (difficulty reading the roman numerals!) but I also think they lost something in the process. IMHO I think the MK1 is the most 'pure' JH produced by CW BECAUSE of its flaws - they didn't get everything right the first time around, but they certainly had a damn good attempt at it!

Finally - and I wonder how many other people do this - I have always kept an eye on some interesting straps in the periodic sales and I have actually picked up a ocean blue and burnt orange straps which I regularly swap over just to give the watch a bit of life, jazz it up and its as good as new!

Changing the strap is a great way to extend the life of your watch and make it interesting again (not that they should ever get boring but you know...you wear something a lot and you stop appreciating its beauty)

Obviously I have bought other CWs since then and the C5 Malvern 595 is currently on my wrist 24/7 (except when taken off to wind!) but the C9 JH will always be my first love...
I was standing on the edge of the world...and I can't see it.

c9 JH MK1
C70MC
C5 Malvern595
C9 Pulsometer
C1 MoonGlow
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Re: My first CW watch still going strong! C9 JH MK1

Post by gaf1958 »

Nahhh, we don’t change straps much here.
Not more than daily for most at any rate ;)
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
MatthewThomas21
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Re: My first CW watch still going strong! C9 JH MK1

Post by MatthewThomas21 »

Hahahah :) Yeah - I didn't *really* think I had stumbled on to anything new!

Just noticed your location - I was over in Gold Coast for the Commonwealth games recently supporting Wales Girls Hockey (Finances sister plays for them)

Lovely part of the world and very friendly people!
I was standing on the edge of the world...and I can't see it.

c9 JH MK1
C70MC
C5 Malvern595
C9 Pulsometer
C1 MoonGlow