Impressions of CW........

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Impressions of CW........

Post by Richard D »

I am a without doubt a fan of CW having discover them in 2012. Since, I have become a loyal customer and have made many purchases all of which continue to give me pleasure. En-route CW has introduced changes which have done little to put me off, in fact I’ve been drawn ever closer to the brand. Simply, I’ve never been disappointed with their ethos, the designs, the range, the quality, the customer services and the price point.......

........but what makes it all that more that special is the company’s accessibility. What other brand provides opportunity to meet the guys behind their watches and genuinely share their thoughts?

I wonder how many of you share my enthusiasm and why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: Impressions of CW........

Post by reggie747 »

This topic could go either way here...... :?
Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

reggie747 wrote:This topic could go either way here...... :?
That’s fine by me.....Coukd even die too.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Well, I’m still a fan. I like many or even most of their designs, they’re still good value for money (they used to be great VFM).

I’ve always been treated well as a customer, even with the departure of St. Wera from Customer Services. I’ve communicated with Chris on many occasions, Wera on many, many more and her replacement Scott on many others. All have been great as far as I’m concerned.

On the thankfully rare occasions that I’ve had a problem, it’s been dealt with quickly and to my satisfaction.

So yes, I’m a fan, even though I don’t tend to shout it from the rooftops on the forum (so not a fanboy!). I still recommended them to people I know who are looking for a quality watch at a decent price.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-fourb: yes

Post by reggie747 »

Richard D wrote:
reggie747 wrote:This topic could go either way here...... :?
That’s fine by me.....Coukd even die too.
It's fine by me too :thumbup:
Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
Robden
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Robden »

That's good to hear.
Most forums are full of death doom and destruction. I suppose it would be a boring forum if it was full of. "Mine is great." "Nothing wrong here!" "Perfect in every way!" All the time.
ciclismosam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by ciclismosam »

gaf1958 wrote:Well, I’m still a fan. I like many or even most of their designs, they’re still good value for money (they used to be great VFM).

I’ve always been treated well as a customer, even with the departure of St. Wera from Customer Services. I’ve communicated with Chris on many occasions, Wera on many, many more and her replacement Scott on many others. All have been great as far as I’m concerned.

On the thankfully rare occasions that I’ve had a problem, it’s been dealt with quickly and to my satisfaction.

So yes, I’m a fan, even though I don’t tend to shout it from the rooftops on the forum (so not a fanboy!). I still recommended them to people I know who are looking for a quality watch at a decent price.
I don't think I could say it any better.
Family CWLs: C1 Grand Malvern Moonphase, C1 Worldtimer, C5 Malvern Quartz in Purple, C900 Single Pusher 148/250
My CWLs: C3 Mk II Malvern in Green, C3 2017 FLE 31/50, C60 51 Squadron Trident 300
https://www.instagram.com/thesambrower/
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Although my purchases of CW watches has slowed down (in line with my overall watch buying), I remain interested in the company and (more importantly) its products.

For sure, over the last 10 years the company and products have changed a lot, but at the same time I have also modified my requirements. However, the connection remains - and as and when they produce a watch I want, I will buy it.
Richard
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Post by scooter »

I found the first couple of years following CW very exciting with watches such as the Malvern Aviator Mark II, C80 Sector and the 2009 FLE standing head and shoulders above others.

Like many here I bought quite a few, well 5 anyway, and still have my 2012 FLE, the scooter blue.

Customer Service was superb for a relatively new Brand and like most here I loved Wera's personal connection to each and every member. She made us all feel special with her evening and weekend messages sorting out every problem or enquiry. I have had no dealings with the CS side of CW for several years but have read that despite Wera's departure it is still very good.

Quality control has always been a bit hit and miss and has been discussed to the Nth degree in some many threads. Of my four CWs, one had to be replaced on receipt and another needed attention within a matter of months.

On the logo front I liked V1, disliked V2 and abhor V3. The rebranding was horrific but enough said on that. These are my own opinions and are as valid as those from anyone else.

I understand that CW needs to move on to continue it's success and to appeal to a younger, more fashionable customer base. Wishing CW all the success in the World, I am not one of those now targeted and it has been sometime since a new model has given me the 'Wow' factor. That's OK, no problem there.

I shall continue to support CW when I can and will continue to voice my opinions on the good and not so good as I have done over the past seven years or so.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Nice graph, downer! :applaus:
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

^^^ what Scooter said (although i like V2 logo) ^^^
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
downer

Post by downer »

welshlad wrote:Nice graph, downer! :applaus:
Thanks. I thought you'd appreciate it. Looking at my purchases by quarter, I can see my purchases are seasonal - so there's time yet for 2018... :D

Richard
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^^ Ah expenditure skewed towards Q4!

Spend it in Q4, ‘cause if you don’t the FC will think you don’t need as much in your budget for the following year and do a reforecast, with a lower figure! :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
downer

Post by downer »

nbg wrote:^^^^ Ah expenditure skewed towards Q4!

Spend it in Q4, ‘cause if you don’t the FC will think you don’t need as much in your budget for the following year and do a reforecast, with a lower figure! :)

Neil
:D In fact, in terms of money, the Q1 outlay is almost the same as Q4. Must be tax or bonus related...
Richard
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

downer wrote:
Reminds me of socks I’ve owned! :lol:
Steve.