Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Trimadjules
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Christopher Ward C60 Trident - what are the best things

Post by Trimadjules »

Hi Guys
I am new to this forum and I am considering a second CW - the Christopher Ward C60 Trident.
I have split this post into two -
For those of you who own a similar watch to the Trident but from another brand what do you like most about the CW compared to your other watch and what brand / model is that ?
Benjamin Franklin
Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.

Omega Speedmaster
CW C60 Trident 600 Pro
CW C5 Malvern square
CW C3 MALVERN CHRONOGRAPH MKII
G-Shock world time
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: Christopher Ward C60 Trident - what are the best things

Post by Kip »

Although style is very subjective, I happen to like the overall styles of CW watches. This coupled with the overall value when comparing functions equally to other brands. Despite the overall increase in unit costs, the value is still there in most of the line.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

^ +1
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Great value for money for the look and quality of the watch whether you compare against other similar brands or not. Even better value if you can buy a well cared for pre-owned off Sales Corner once you have posted sufficient number of worthy posts.
Ceramic bezel on the black dial/black bezel is better looking than some of those on for example Oris that can look a bit plasticky.
It looks good whether on bracelet or black leather strap.
Robden
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Robden »

VFM.
Skipper
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 12

Post by Skipper »

1) The aesthetics. The design I consider it outstanding, re-creating an iconic one without overtly remind it, and with a strong personality on is own.

2) The availability in 38mm size. Without it I should be not writing this post.

3) The availability of quartz and auto versions.

4) Both the quartz and auto movements.

The VFM? Lately I'm not so sure about it, but anyway it's acceptable. Anyway I LOVE THEM :thumbup:
Ixion
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Ixion »

I think we go to a brand first for a model and then we discover the brand. I discovered CW by the C9 JH MK3 (which I always look for ! :p). And while I was not looking for a chrono at all, the C60 Trident Chronograph Pro 600 would tempt me. What I like :
- the originality of the composition: colors, style of the needles
- visually, the quality seems very present (I expect my first CW to attest)
- the price for the quality of the components used
- esthetic (but it's personal)
C9 Jumping Hour MKIII 8)
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Difficult for me to compare with other dive watches at a similar price point, as I don't have any. Also no point comparing with watches I haven't tried on or owned, as that opinion would be worthless.

I have both Mark 1 and Mark 2 Tridents, in both 38mm and 43mm - I think they are well put together watches that I like and if bought at sale time still represent reasonable value for money. I expect them to be a better watch than my Seiko SKX009 (they are) and a lesser watch in terms of overall quality and value for money than dive watches from more expensive well known brands (they are).

I do like the point that, in my view, it is not a direct homage of other well known dive watches.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Skipper
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 12

Post by Skipper »

nbg wrote:I do like the point that, in my view, it is not a direct homage of other well known dive watches.

Neil
Neither direct nor indirect :D
It's unmistakably a CW C60. Fortunately they have developed a new and personal design without breaking ties with the most iconic ones and without the need to search for extravagant designs in order to make it different.

Erardo
yuri9206
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 11

Post by yuri9206 »

Best things? price respect quality; great movements used; english feelings with swiss reliability; 5 years warranty. Finally, a direct contact with all CW managers... including the boss! :thumbup:
C8 Pilot MK II; C5 Malvern MK II; C60 Trident Pro 600 black; C11 Titanium Extreme 1000; C65 Trident Classic LE; C60 Trident Titanium Pro 600 #2; C60 Trident Pro 600 white; C11 MSL Black Manta; C11 Titanium Elite 500; C8 Mark I; C11 Makaira pro 500 orange
Trimadjules
Senior
Senior

Post by Trimadjules »

Thanks for all your responses and help!

A lot of things to consider from my other post on dislikes but I am certainly in the market for one of the models.
I am reluctant to buy on ebay if spending a lot so looks like a new one is on the cards or as suggested here wait until I have access to the sales section :thumbup: :thumbup:

Certainly agree with all the VFM comments :D
Benjamin Franklin
Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.

Omega Speedmaster
CW C60 Trident 600 Pro
CW C5 Malvern square
CW C3 MALVERN CHRONOGRAPH MKII
G-Shock world time
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Value for money is easily at the top of the list. When buying new, it's a good idea to wait for the sales promotions that come up a few times a year. Father's day, Summer Sale, Black Friday and perhaps a few more where you can often get a discount of 10-20%.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

It's the whole package that does it for me, looks, size (42mm for me), vfm, quality, robustness, choices (I have a black + a white) I just like 'em, lots!
Steve.
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

vfm definitely, but also their series of original designs - no overt homages here, like steinhart (with whom they often seem to be compared - erroneously in my mind....)
i have a C11 msl, and the quality of finishing is high, with brushed and polished facets on the case. the style of it is pretty unique, and i love it!
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Hour Hand

Post by Hour Hand »

Trimadjules wrote:Hi Guys
I am new to this forum and I am considering a second CW - the Christopher Ward C60 Trident.
I have split this post into two -
For those of you who own a similar watch to the Trident but from another brand what do you like most about the CW compared to your other watch and what brand / model is that ?
I have the C60 600 with white face and black bezel, and it's stunning. The sapphire is beautiful, the 43mm size is perfect for my wrist, the dial is out of this world, and the overall feel is outstanding