Recent Banning

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Arbor22
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Re: Recent Banning

Post by Arbor22 »

This one individual appears more determined than most, but he has been spotted each time. More of an annoyance to the moderators, who no doubt have better ways to spend there time than he is to the rest of the forum.

It would be a shame to change things because of one individual, but if changes help the moderators keep the forum the friendly, open place it is then that's fine by me.
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

I'm amazed he was spotted as being the same person, because to be fair to him, none of his posts in this latest persona was particularly dodgy to me (apart from being speed posting and thus generally lacking in substantive content) nor calculated to wind people up.

NB. Speed posting is pretty obvious if you're using the "view new posts" option in the forum, since you can see visually the stream of empty or repetitive posts by the same newcomer made in quick succession.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

gatehealing wrote:HA!! I thought he was just being funny and using a BANNED image as his avatar! I had been laughing at that avatar,

J
Me too! Came back over a couple of days expecting to see some kind of explanation and then found this thread.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

asqwerth wrote:I'm amazed he was spotted as being the same person, because to be fair to him, none of his posts in this latest persona was particularly dodgy to me (apart from being speed posting and thus generally lacking in substantive content) nor calculated to wind people up.
Agreed.
I am 99.999% ignorant of how Forum Mods operate (the 0.0001% is that I guess they have to at least skim read new posts) and TBH I am content with my state of relative ignorance.

That said, and admittedly standing on the corner of Ignorance Avenue one can look at the poster's history and see an unbroken spell of 2 years' membership - when he was fairly active ISTR and then several recent attempts to get back in, presumably wanting to be able to contribute as well as view.

Our rules include provision for Warning and ultimately a Permanent Ban: I have no intention of personally putting these to the test but whilst I'm still standing on the corner of Ignorance Avenue I would like to ask for directions from the Mods please: after a ban following a rules transgression: is there an Appeals process? Is there a way back? Does Permanent really mean permanent?
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

Life issues have me visiting and posting less but I am still grateful for the efforts of the mods to keep this forum ticking along nicely. I do wonder which of the accounts created by the persistent chap have been banned? Looking at the schedule suggests there are two accounts.
Texican
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Texican »

madtitan wrote:Well gentlemen, I am new and proud to say I will not be 'speed posting' or shilling my wares - I can't type very fast and I have no wares lol. I am however happy to already see a level of order and etiquette all too often missing in Internet interaction, and I look forward to being a long time member of this community.
My sentiments exactly. Since I'm a hunt and peck typist, and not a flipper I'm not likely to be frivolously posting to pad my post count. I find, however that I get drawn into posting comments because of the camaraderie, like, I would imagine, being in an English pub. BTW I've been registered with other forums (Fender Telecaster, Martin Guitars, wet shaving) for years and I already have more posts on this forum then all the others combined. :D
Skipper
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 12

Post by Skipper »

I feeel the same.
Anyway I will to add a great Thank You! to the Forum staff for their excellet work... and Q.C.
ads73

Post by ads73 »

Could just be coincidence but there's a madjamsixsix on the Christopher Ward Instagram post regarding the competition.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Updated the first post of this thread with the latest fake ID from our serial stalker.
Richard
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Updated the first post of this thread with the latest fake ID from our serial stalker.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Oh, that clown has been on the scene again has he? I'll give him one thing, he doesn't give up easily!
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Blimey, is he still trying!

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Thanks for your vigilance Kip & other mods
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Kip wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:18 am Would you buy a watch from this person?

The Admin Team thought it was time we offered a bit more explanation as to the recent banning of Summerz. First of all we do not just arbitrarily ban people because we do not agree with their point of view. Please see the thread here for a bit of an explanation.

What we usually do is warn someone who does not wish to abide by the rules of the forum. This is usually sufficient. In this case we have someone who stepped way out of line and refused to agree to a settlement offer. Result…banned.

Rule 15 of our Rules and Etiquette prohibit misrepresentation. As you can see by the chart below, This member has continually registered on this forum and represented himself each time as someone new. Under the guise of a fan of CW, using multiple methods of deception, he has tried repeatedly to treat us all as fools.

So far, and with the assistance of a few members, we have been able to uncover each plot either at registration or within a few days. This time, the member even got as far as listing a watch in the Sales Corner.

Regardless of how quickly we spot this continual impostor, we do not act until we have absolute proof.

So after a few suppositions on the forum, as well as some personal pm’s as to what happened with the recent banning we wanted to set the record straight.

Anyway, we shall, with the continued watchful eyes of you, our fellow inmates, remain vigilant.

Now I ask again…would you buy a watch from this person?

And a further ID:

Masonic101 Joined 16/10/2017 Banned 22/10/2017
DillyDilly Joined 28/04/2018 Banned 13/05/2018
Arnie Joined 20/05/2018 Banned 20/05/2018 Posts never approved
Broadsword Joined 08/01/2019 Banned 08/01/2019 Posts never approved
Deployant Dave Joined 04/06/2019 Banned 05/12/2019
WATCHWIZ Joined 10/05/2019 Banned 19/05/2019
Hammy85 Joined 19/6/2019 Banned 29/06/2019
ALFROBE Joined 26/7/2019 Banned 26/7/2019
ROBBIE70 Joined 23/12/2020 Banned 27/12/2020
DaveExplorer Joined 28/12/2020 Banned 28/12/2020 Posts never approved
Not sure what to say Kip...other than yeesh and someone needs to find something else to do. Appreciate the vigilance.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

Jeezee I posted earlier that I was bored but this guy must be bored beyond belief :lol: