Sale time

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Ranger
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 19

Re: Sale time

Post by Ranger »

Looks like it's just myself & suicidal orange still to receive anything of ours...
I also received nothing...Unless you count getting my money back in 3 to 5. :lol:
Gettin' A Whole Lot Older Every Day...
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

Another email sent to someone different who actually managed to reply to my last message to him when cancelling the Epreuve.
Don't expect anything worthwhile, it really is ridiculous to have to chase this hard for a bl**dy strap!

Anyway just checked & if I don't get an answer on the strap I've still got a week or so to send back the prototype gold worldtimer it was to go on for a refund, might as well squeeze as much money back as I can.
PaulJS
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by PaulJS »

STodd wrote:
PaulJS wrote: Yes, that is exactly my feeling - this is the first CW I have received that looked better in pictures than in reality. It doesn't measure up at half price so it would have been a massive disappointment at full price!

I think this is a classic case of the whole amounting to less than the sum of the parts.
+1 :clap:

or should that be :wuah:

I know, it is very disappointing :( However, at least I have laid it to rest and satisfied myself that I haven't missed out on an opportunity for something special.

Returns pack requested...onwards and upwards!
The older I get the better I used to be

Trident Pro White / Blue
C4
Omega Speedmaster II LE
Omega Speedmaster II original-ish
Trident Pro Black/Blue
C70 VW4
C65 LE
C7 MK 1
Scurfa Diver One

Steinhart Ocean One 39
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

CW customers do generally seem to be a tolerant, understanding, patient group of folk...... :)

Just as well given the content of this thread! :shock:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

WOO HOO!!!!! A REPLY :party:

Sadly only to tell me that the strap they were looking to post out 4 days ago isn't even in stock as they don't have the rose gold Bader's...... When will stock come in you might ask? Well they 'hope' to hear something next Monday but can't even give an estimated delivery time.

Have now ordered a returns pack for the Worldtimer.
jasonkay21c

Post by jasonkay21c »

Hello. I am a new comer of this forum.
Sorry for skipping the introduction.
Recently, I experienced totally opposite hassle what you guys have mentioned here.
I've ordered C5 Malvern Slimline (as shown my signature) on July 5th.
I used my debit card and it was put on hold for 5 days.
After that, I checked my bank account to see whether it was still pending; however, it was cancelled ha ha ha.
The problem is my watch was dispatched two days back without any problem. (They haven't take the money till now.......)
I e-mailed their customer service regarding this issue, and the replay was....

Good Afternoon,
We only take the funds when we dispatch the item.

Seriously? :clap:

I am really excited to get the donation. (will pay ha ha)
- MJ -
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 8500 8) | Citizen AT4008-51 :D | Tissot Tradition Quartz :)
C.Ward C5 Malvern Slimline (is coming :thumbup: )
skimrok
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by skimrok »

Tyke wrote:WOO HOO!!!!! A REPLY :party:

Sadly only to tell me that the strap they were looking to post out 4 days ago isn't even in stock as they don't have the rose gold Bader's...... When will stock come in you might ask? Well they 'hope' to hear something next Monday but can't even give an estimated delivery time.

:clap: yay!! now they won't send the returns pack out :megaeek: now where is my bracelet for Skimrok :jg:
Steve

C9 Blue LE /C60 Black
Also other various brands in my collection
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

I rang about the unadjusted bracelet and the missing straps and ticky items.

I can return the bracelet for them to adjust.

The ticky orders went wrong and did not "complete" for some reason, despite them confirming all has been paid for??? I have therefore sent a copy of the confirmation email to give them a bit of info.

The straps...... No idea at all.

Ah well..

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

smegwina wrote:

The ticky orders went wrong and did not "complete" for some reason, despite them confirming all has been paid for??? I have therefore sent a copy of the confirmation email to give them a bit of info.

Ah well..

Utter shambles....... :thumbdown:
Ste_ac
CW-watches: 3

Post by Ste_ac »

My watches arrived today: :)

C5 Malvern Slimline - Square
C70 French GP1906 COSC - Limited Edition

When the sale started I umm'd and rrr'd over getting a C70 as I thought they looked a bit garish for a watch, but in the end decided to go for it. I did select the C70 Belgian yellow at first then was interrupted by a phone call. When I got back to my tablet and refreshed it, someone else had got their first, so I ended up ordering the French Blue one.

I think the C70 motorsports look so much better in the flesh than pictures.

Ste.
Robden
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Robden »

Tyke wrote:
smegwina wrote:

Ah well..

Utter shambles....... :thumbdown:
Have you upset CW Ian? My orders all went through without any hitches and I've just had an email to say that the C70 Epreuve has been dispatched already.
Thanks again. :thumbup:
Frankcastle123
Senior
Senior

Post by Frankcastle123 »

STodd wrote:
PaulJS wrote: That is really irritating - not something I have checked for on mine which arrived yesterday, but it is not staying. My initial impression was that it lacked any 'wow' factor and that i actually prefer my MK1 C7 and then I realised what it is about this watch that is niggling me: it is the fact that the sub-dial cuts the '50' on one side but not the '10' on the other and it just looks odd to my eyes. I don't mind sub dials cutting through numerals or batons, but I can't deal with this lack of symmetry - it is all I can see every time i look at the watch :thumbdown:

What is odd is that I never noticed it in pictures despite coveting this particular watch for quite a long time.

It is strange how little things can become a make or break issue!

Paul
This is why mine is going back...looks great when the light hits it a certain way, but when you actually look at it directly it just doesn't do it for me... :(
Most of the time the dial looks completely black, to the point where you can't see the anything. No numbers, hands or sub dials. I think it's due to the dome sapphire crystal. Definitely going back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

Robden wrote:
Have you upset CW Ian? My orders all went through without any hitches and I've just had an email to say that the C70 Epreuve has been dispatched already.
Your welcome, hope you like it :thumbup:

Must have upset them, maybe it's because I spent nearly £2k in May, spent money on deposits for FLE's in March as well as committing to another £700+ when (if) they deliver those as well as spending around £400 last week. Every reason to be treated like dirt I'd say.

Well if they don't want that kind of business, they can have some of it back - I'll take the £200 hit on the FLE deposits to save the other £700, the Worldtimer is awaiting a returns envelope and therefore the non-existent strap for it can be cancelled as well so it doesn't matter when they get it in.
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

Tyke wrote:
Robden wrote:
Your welcome, hope you like it :thumbup:

Must have upset them, maybe it's because I spent nearly £2k in May, spent money on deposits for FLE's in March as well as committing to another £700+ when (if) they deliver those as well as spending around £400 last week. Every reason to be treated like dirt I'd say.

Well if they don't want that kind of business, they can have some of it back - I'll take the £200 hit on the FLE deposits to save the other £700, the Worldtimer is awaiting a returns envelope and therefore the non-existent strap for it can be cancelled as well so it doesn't matter when they get it in.
That is crazy, I thought being told nothing waiting for a £1400 order was bad but seems it makes no difference. I don't think they'll get too many offers for the returned world timer either given your 'glowing' review. I still would have but...

On a brighter note I just got a despatch notification - something (hopefully two Moonphases) will be arriving on Monday!
Vansflyer
Senior
Senior

Post by Vansflyer »

Just to bring a bit of a positive note to the thread, Moonphase and 2 x 20mm straps ordered on the Monday. Straps arrived by post Thursday, Watch by DPD on Friday. Watch is a keeper but the straps weren't for me so requested return and that pack arrived next working day. Not trying to gloat but clearly they can do joined up writing and despatch stuff quickly.... just not all the time. Had issues in the past at non sale time but luckily it was all good for me this time.... go figure why some get delayed and other don't?
Summit, Seiko SQ100, Alfex Moonphase, Ingersoll "Triumph","Tin Tin" watch. Seiko 7T39, Navitimer, B1, Aerospace Adv, Citizen Red Arrows, Alfa Branded Mitsumi, Moonphase, C60 Pro SH21, C9 J Hour, C70 VW4. C60 Trident 300. Tudor Pelagos.