CW watch design suggestions

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: CW watch design suggestions

Post by Thermexman »

nordwulf wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:17 pm No date - no text - nothing to complain about.

And yeah, just having a bit of fun in this thread. Some ideas may be controversial or repetitive but there always in an option not to read this thread.

True. But where’s the fun in that?
Steve.
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

I'd prefer 'Mike France' at 12 to anything at 9.

Not sure he'd go for it though :D
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

Heard a rumor that a C65 sandwich bronze showed up at the recent gathering. Piqued my interest so I thought I'd throw together a mock-up. Lightened the vintage lume a bit and added a date window.
Attachments
C65 Sandwich Bronze.jpg
CHZacc
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 10

Post by CHZacc »

i do like that now
C60 Trident 600 PRO
C700 Grande Rapide ETA 7750
C8 Regulator
C8 P7350 #29 SH21
C8 Pilot MK II Auto
C900 SinglePusher LE
C9 Harrison Automatic
C9 FLE # 9 ''Red 12''
C9 BDD
C11 MSL Chrono
Omega Speedmaster 3606

nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Nice job on the C65 sandwich bronze. I wish they could use a similar color material that doesn't get a patina. I like it much better when it is clean like that.
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

nordwulf wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:15 pm Nice job on the C65 sandwich bronze. I wish they could use a similar color material that doesn't get a patina. I like it much better when it is clean like that.
Thanks, definitely would be difficult to keep the case pristine with all the nooks and crannies.
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Love that bronze sandwich design.
As it happens I was going to suggest a 38mm Trident C60 Vintage (matte dial, vintage lume, matte ceramic bezel) but with a bronze case. Your design pretty much covers that...

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

nordwulf wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:50 pm 9 index replaced with twin flags. And just to be different and disruptive, the GTG in Dublin showed Mr. France being the driving force when it comes to new models and designs so let's put his name on the dial for a change.

Bravo! Well done, Frank, on all accounts.

The applied twin flags logo used under 12 o'clock on the C7 Rapide line was what I had in mind for the 9 o'clock logo (please don't bother with this anymore though). Not sure how to add lume to that applied logo, but I think it would be cool to see, especially if the lume were a different color than the rest of the dial's lume markings.
Best regards,
John
Markornot
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Markornot »

srs1286 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:44 pm Heard a rumor that a C65 sandwich bronze showed up at the recent gathering. Piqued my interest so I thought I'd throw together a mock-up. Lightened the vintage lume a bit and added a date window.
That is the C65 I have been looking for...hope something similar becomes a reality.
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage