CW watch design suggestions

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Re: CW watch design suggestions

Post by welshlad »

Thanks, Frank, that looks great. I'm happy with the SH21 to add some "specialness" but would be interested in what it looks like with plain white lume, to break away from the faux vintage vibe throughout the C65 Diver range.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

nordwulf wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:19 pm C65 SS on bracelet with small seconds as requested. Great suggestion. :thumbup:

Put in a less expensive ETA/Sellita movement , price it at £895 (same as C65 GMT) and this would be very difficult to resist.

It looks really good doesn't it.

CW are part way to an C65 "Olympics" range in the available versions now in the fashion of the recent Omega Japanese 2020 Speedmaster set.
Blue, green (they should have stuck with the prototype olive/khaki bezel though) and black versions are well covered, the bronze Small Seconds could maybe just about be considered the yellow (?) so need a white dialled/red bezel version now.
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by Rice and Gravy »

nordwulf wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:19 pm C65 SS on bracelet with small seconds as requested. Great suggestion. :thumbup:

Put in a less expensive ETA/Sellita movement , price it at £895 (same as C65 GMT) and this would be very difficult to resist.

If that had regular non-vintage hands and indices I would buy it today.

I really, really hope they eventually do something in that 41mm C65 case that doesn't have the vintage hands/indices.
Omega SMP 2254.50
Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Blue
Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 White
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
TempusFugit
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 4

Post by TempusFugit »

But lose the date window. Then it would be a must-have.
Four CWs and too many others to list!
And loads of clocks.
And bicycles.
albionprs
Guru
Guru
LE-fourb: Yes
Location: West of Ireland with a real turf fire keeping us warm

Post by albionprs »

StrappedUp wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:51 am Image
I really like this. I hope CW make this baby
Life is always full of surprises
C60 - 300 Green, C65 Sandhurst; 1962 9ct Omega Auto; Tudor Black Bay GMT; Tag Heuer Monza; Omega Aqua Terra Blue; Rolex Explorer 114270
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

albionprs wrote:
StrappedUp wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:51 am Image
I really like this. I hope CW make this baby
According to the latest edition of Loupe, it will be released Spring next year.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert

Post by Rice and Gravy »

Speaking of next Spring, what do we know for sure on the new Trident releases in the spring? Besides the Pepsi gmt discussed in Loupe. Anyone have additional intel? I've recently sold my c60 GMT and would like to add a c65 at some point if they ever "de-vintage" the indices and hand.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Omega SMP 2254.50
Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Blue
Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 White
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
Stone Hall

Post by Stone Hall »

I was looking through this thread last night and the adventurer design for the c65 38mm case really stuck out to me as something that I’d really like to see.

There were a couple of other designs that interested me - I’m not sure how I would feel about the vintage style hands without the vintage style line. The clean modern look in the c65 cases is attractive but maybe I’ve been looking at the actual models too much that I have a bias!
For all evils there are two remedies - time and silence.

The Count of Monte Cristo
garsy69
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by garsy69 »

Yep - that ticks boxes!!!!! :clap:
C60 Trident COSC Red bezel Sold
C30 COSC LE 409/500
C9 5DA COSC 40mm White - in Sales Corner
C8 Pilot Mk1 - SOLD
Omega Aqua Terra Co-Axial COSC
Seiko 5 SNZG15K1
Casio G Shock MTG-1500B
Dan Henry 1970 Sold
Hamilton Khaki Automatic H70535131
MadMrB
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MadMrB »

From the moment I saw the bronze C65 LE, I thought that if they produced it in steel (auto or hand wind) at a similar price to the existing steel C65, then I'd buy one in a heart beat!. Surely they must know at CW what a winner this would be? :thumbup:

A steel C65 small seconds would get me buying CW watches again.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

^^^ although I'm not sure people would be so enamoured with the small second position when using a cheaper alternative such as the Sellita SW260.

It would probably end up very close to the centre post with a large gap at the bottom.
The date would more also be further in towards the centre, although they could get rid I suppose.
Ryan
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

A C65 SS 3 sub-dial Chrono with blue dial and bezel please, based on Frank's design above.

- Change the colour of the hands and hour markers to white non-vintage
- the 3 sub-dials to be at 3, 6 and 9 allowing the omission of the logo at 9
- alternatively 2 sub-dials at 3 and 9 but not slightly above as on the recent C7 Motorsport range and a date window at 6
- retain the imprinted flag logo at 12
- remove any WR wording from the dial and have it on the back plate
- hand wound if necessary to keep the thickness low
- or auto if it can be done at around 13/13.5mm thick

If that was for sale anywhere between £1500-£2500 depending upon the movement used it'd be a bargain when compared to similar styled watches from the big brands, e.g. the Omega Speedmaster 311.90.44.51.03.001 or 304.33.44.52.03.001.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Mikkei4 wrote: - the 3 sub-dials to be at 3, 6 and 9 allowing the omission of the logo at 9
- alternatively 2 sub-dials at 3 and 9 but not slightly above as on the recent C7 Motorsport range and a date window at 6
- or auto if it can be done at around 13/13.5mm thick
All could be managed by using an ETA 2894; my Bell & Ross chrono comes in at just over 13mm complete with box sapphire crystal. Mines a 2 register, but I’m sure they’re also available as a 3 register at 3,6,9...
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

The new C60 due in May of this year is most likely going to have a pointy arrow hour hand and baton-shaped minute hand. I was looking at the current handset and understand the water drop hour hand is not for everyone, even though I really like it.

The minute hand looks great though and is a distinctive design feature. How about replace the water drop hand with a similar sword hand? And of course switch the position of the word mark with the twin flags and put TRIDENT PRO back on the dial.

Would be pretty cool to even have as a limited edition of the current steel model with glossy ceramic bezel. Add a deep glossy black dial and I would buy this in a heartbeat.

Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

nordwulf wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:40 am The new C60 due in May of this year is most likely going to have a pointy arrow hour hand and baton-shaped minute hand. I was looking at the current handset and understand the water drop hour hand is not for everyone, even though I really like it.

The minute hand looks great though and is a distinctive design feature. How about replace the water drop hand with a similar sword hand? And of course switch the position of the word mark with the twin flags and put TRIDENT PRO back on the dial.

Would be pretty cool to even have as a limited edition of the current steel model with glossy ceramic bezel. Add a deep glossy black dial and I would buy this in a heartbeat.

Frank, can you make the 9 o'clock baton index into the first flag of the twin flags logo? In other words, replace the index with the twin flags logo. That might look cool (or it could be a disaster, but hard to say without actually seeing it). No worries if not doable, just having fun in any event. Thanks.
Best regards,
John