Kingfishers for Sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
David
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Re: Kingfishers for Sale

Post by David »

joerattz wrote:David, I know what you mean. I think David is referring to the images in the gallery for each watch.
Yes I was sir.

I have made my decision though. It is the C6SYSK for me and I cant wait. It looks a great watch. My only disapointment if it really is one is the dial detail mentioning of 30 atmospheres instead of depth. The majority of people out there will not have a clue what an atmosphere is so something like 300m/1000ft as with the Omega Seamaster etc might have sounded a bit more posh and looked a bit more manly. An atmosphere sounds a bit limp wristed.

:shock: :lol:

President
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by President »

joerattz wrote:David, I know what you mean. I think David is referring to the images in the gallery for each watch. Correct me if I am wrong. I have moaned to Chris many times about his site having broken links. Unfortunately, he has not found a web company that produces sites that equal the quality of his watches. It is a shame. Maybe the people that do his site are cheap, and the money he saves using them is reflected in the prices of the watches? I hope that is the case.

I do have to say this though, and I am not soliciting business because I do not have the time. I am a web developer myself and I would be embarrassed to put my name on the site because of all the broken links in what appears to just be a sloppy effort.
That's what I was talking about, but one was mentioning them not loading sometimes and we were talking about all the time.
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

David wrote: I have made my decision though. It is the C6SYSK for me and I cant wait. It looks a great watch. My only Image
Is it my imagination or is the yellow getting brighter and more beautiful by the day? Seriously, I feel like the image of the yellow one has a brighter yellow tint than it did. Maybe I just saw it the first time on a poorer quality monitor.
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
Budgie
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Budgie »

Hi all . Have been eagerly awaiting the release of the kingfisher for some time but now I just can't make my mind up between the LE or this yellow.Would have liked an automatic but that yellow sure looks good on the black rubber strap.
thiru
Junior
Junior

Post by thiru »

I certainly have to agree, the yellow with the black rubber strap looks great but like you I would have liked an automatic. Still not that keen on the outer bezel design though but I can't have everything!
Aduton

Post by Aduton »

Like budgie I was torn between the LE and the yellow quartz but, after a great deal of thought, the automatic came out on top!! :D
Budgie
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Budgie »

Well I've finally ordered the LE,the fact that my brother has already ordered one might have swayed my judgement (didn't want him looking down on my lowly quartz kingfisher),but that yellow still looks really good :lol:
John
Guru
Guru

Post by John »

I think they all look great, maybe it's a challenge to build a watch with an easy replaceble dial.
For every mood another colour.

Because this is not very easy to build we have to buy several watches :(
David
Junior
Junior

Post by David »

Im not panicking ( yet ) but? :lol:

Seeing as we are now into September I was wondering if anyone who has ordered a C6 have had theirs dispatched yet. Via my account my order still shows

Awaiting Stock/Reservation Made

Hopefully it will not be long now.
DIVERPAUL

Post by DIVERPAUL »

I ordered mine on the 17th of August ,I rang on Wednesday to find out the staus of my order and was told the C6's had been sent back because Chris was not happy with the quality of the movement .I was told it will now be November before they are dispatched. :(
President
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by President »

DIVERPAUL wrote:I ordered mine on the 17th of August ,I rang on Wednesday to find out the staus of my order and was told the C6's had been sent back because Chris was not happy with the quality of the movement .I was told it will now be November before they are dispatched. :(
This is new! Can anybody confirm this?

I do feel sorry for you poor souls who ordered one. J/K
I would like one myself actually, but I'm saving up for a WIS spending spree next year. :(
peterh
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by peterh »

... ??!?

Chris was rather startled to hear this... he's now calling his call centre to speak harshly to them.
He confirmed that delivery will commence in a couple days.

peter
Man with one watch, always know time. Man with many watches, never sure.
(unidentified Chinese philosopher)
President
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by President »

peterh wrote:... ??!?

Chris was rather startled to hear this... he's now calling his call centre to speak harshly to them.
He confirmed that delivery will commence in a couple days.

peter
:shock: I feel sorry for those workers. I know I wouldn't want a Liverpudlian yelling at me!

:lol: Sorry Chris.
peterh
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by peterh »

I have reason to assume that Chris doesn't need to yell very often... he's likely to be perfectly capable of verbally expressing his grave concern without having to raise his voice. ;)

Failing that, he can always ask Wera to swear at them in Dutch. Since, to the English ear, the Dutch language sounds more like a serious throat affliction than a language, swearing in Dutch is usually enough to make hardened English criminals cringe.
:mg:
Man with one watch, always know time. Man with many watches, never sure.
(unidentified Chinese philosopher)