C6

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Aduton

C6

Post by Aduton » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:45 pm

Does anyone know when the standard C6 is going to become available? I'd like to have a look at the yellow version before I commit myself to buying the Limited Edition (and also make use of the forum member's summer discount!). :?

Hans
Administrator Emeritus
CW-watches: 7
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Re: C6

Post by Hans » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:50 pm

I don't know, won't take much longer now, however, I suspect that the C6 will be available after the summer-discount ends...

President
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by President » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:06 pm

Hans wrote:I don't know, won't take much longer now, however, I suspect that the C6 will be available after the summer-discount ends...
That Ward has some cheek doesn't he? :lol:

David
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Post by David » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:02 am

Hans wrote:I suspect that the C6 will be available after the summer-discount ends...
What a pain. That is ages to go. I dont want to sound an impatient grouch but if I am honest I hate getting teased too far in advance. The C6 was announced before the C1 yet the C1 has been on sale for 2 or 3 weeks now. Also whatever happened to the modified C4's? Nothing has been mentioned about them since the initial preview. I wanted to buy one for my father's birthday in less than 2 months time but any further mention of them seems to have faded away. I can see that he is not going to get it. Even buying him a C6 is going to cut it fine. I might have to abandon my current thoughts and get him something totally different. So much for planning ahead.

peterh
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by peterh » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:16 am

We appear to have become an impatient lot, haven't we? We want it all, we want it now, and we want the newest watches to be immediately available at a discount.

CW is not here to please the community, he is primarily driving a business, let's not forget that. From a business standpoint, satisfying our above demands would be a bit... well, the word "stupid" comes to mind.

If you don't want to be teased too far in advance, my guess is that you shouldn't look in a "sneak previews" forum.

If a complaint like this would actually hold up, that would be the end of the sneak previews, right?
Man with one watch, always know time. Man with many watches, never sure.
(unidentified Chinese philosopher)

Aduton

Post by Aduton » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:29 am

I should point out that the newest watches, the C1 and the Red C3, are in fact included in the discount. Moreover, it would seem to make perfect business sense to offer incentives to a small but enthusiastic (and presumably relatively high spending) base of customers. :lol:

peterh
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by peterh » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:57 pm

Yup - but I still fail to see how we could complain about the C6 to be available when WE want it - that's what I meant.

We're looking at... what? a few months? In that light, the phrase "What a pain. That is ages to go." speaks volumes to me. Apparently, we have come to consider a two month-period "ages".

And look at it this way: If we wouldn't have had sneak previews, nobody would have complained, right?

peter
Man with one watch, always know time. Man with many watches, never sure.
(unidentified Chinese philosopher)

Aduton

Post by Aduton » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:15 pm

I agree with you there. Sneak previews are just previews. :lol:

joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:41 am

It's an interesting dilema. I know exactly what you mean David by being teased too soon. I have seen this many times with movies. I remember the movie Pearl Harbor being advertized like a year and a half before it was released. I couldn't wait for it. But I had too. And wait I did. And wait. I waited so long that by the time it was released, I couldn't have cared less. I still have never seen it all the way through. I have seen bits and pieces on cable, but never the entire movie.

I don't know how many of you Euro's were aware of the Segway (scooter-like thing) marketing blitz that occurred before it was even openly disclosed what it was...back in 2000 I think it was. Little tidbits of info were leaked that made it sound awesome. People like Bill Gates said cities would be designed around these transportation devices. It was small enough that you could fold it up and put it in your backpack, etc. I remember sitting at work with my buddies imagining flying into town with our jetpacks. That was the only invention we could think of that would meet the hype we were hearing. Yeah, our own personal jetpack. Living in Atlanta, one of the worst cities for traffic in the US, a personal jet pack sounded great. We could definitely see a city being designed around a jetpack. When it was finally disclosed that we are talking about a little scooter thing, we couldn't believe it. What a huge disappointment. To have waited all that time for something so much less than the hype had us expecting. Bummer.

All that aside, if we want to have input into the actual design of CW watches, then Chris has to get our input early in the design before it's too late. So, he got us involved at a suitable time for his project for our input into the KingFisher. It's an unavoidable consequence that because we were notified early enough to make a difference that we had to wait longer than some might want to actually get their hands on one. What's the alternative that you would prefer? To not have any input and only see the watch once its basically finalized?
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20