New Trident range now live!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Psalty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: New Trident range now live!

Post by Psalty »

I very much like the new logo, although I might slightly prefer v2... even so, it looks older. V3 is a fresh redesign. One thing, though - sometimes people don't know when we're onto a good thing. You know what they say about needing to artists to paint a picture: one to paint it, another to stop him.

To my taste, the flag icon is nice at top dead center - on its own - but it makes my eye jump too much with all the other elements. The cross and blocks are an awful lot of visual information all at once and overpowering to the multitude of other dots and dashes.
Gregory
Psalty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Psalty »

But looking at the watch as designed, I can't imagine improving upon it. Perfectly balanced.

Now why does the new D/D COSC Trident not have black date wheels?
Gregory
SimonM
CW-watches: 1

Post by SimonM »

As someone new to the brand, I’m intrigued by the long running debate about the V1, V2 and now V3 logo. Not wishing to upset anyone, the V2 logo used three different font sizes, which I found very confusing, compared to the simplicity and ease of reading the new V3 logo. The old V2 logo now looks dated by comparison.

With Trident as an example, the new logo is consistently applied on the front, on the case back and on the inside of the bracelet. The new CW “+” detail appears on the crown, on the outside of the bracelet and replaces “London” which didn’t fit well with “Swiss Made”, to me.

With Malvern/Trident as examples, placing the new logo in-line with either a date window or power reserve is easy to “read” and allows the reduced width of the indices to be symmetrical. When moved to the RHS it retains a family identity too.

Fewer lines of text and not having a logo/brand name in the 12H “gap”, adds life, space and simplicity, so perhaps the brand should have started out with the V3 logo as it’s being rolled out - hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Simon
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

SimonM wrote:Not wishing to upset anyone, the V2 logo used three different font sizes, which I found very confusing, compared to the simplicity and ease of reading the new V3 logo. The old V2 logo now looks dated by comparison.
You've got it. :thumbup:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
monkwearmouth
Senior
Senior

New Trident range now live!

Post by monkwearmouth »

Still waiting for anyone to post a new logo version that they've bought. I was going to buy one but got seduced by a good deal on an Oris Aquis. However I'm still interested, especially in the red bezel version, which is very distinctive. Now, pics anyone ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AE41500
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by AE41500 »

Some photos here of the Trident Pro 600 Day Date COSC LE.
http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... =2&t=42496
Very satisfied \:D/