Buying Intentions

Discuss Christopher Ward watches

Which course of action do you expect to take?

Will only buy new logo CW's
5%
Will only buy old logo CW's
11%
Will buy either logo CW's
51%
Won't buy any more CW's
23%
Will consider buying after next re-brand.
10%

Total votes: 82

fissionu235
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Re: Buying Intentions

Post by fissionu235 »

Wow.......... there is a thought........... reveal the way people voted.......... sounds like a Communist idea to me LOL! You are kidding right ?
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

joeegg17 wrote:I would love to see the names of the people who voted that they will never buy another CW . I bet some are still posting their negativity and general ill feeling about the brand now and will continue to at every opportunity. If you don't like it then fair enough but don't keep bleating on about it and find a brand you do like . Stop being masochists visiting the forum .
It seems perfectly reasonable to me for someone to decide not to buy any more CW, but still be involved with the forum.

Like most of us, I don't really need any more watches, let alone CW. It doesn't stop me being interested in what's going on though.

The forum is still a good place to discuss and buy old logo watches...
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

joeegg17 wrote:
smegwina wrote:
joeegg17 wrote:I would love to see the names of the people who voted that they will never buy another CW . I bet some are still posting their negativity and general ill feeling about the brand now and will continue to at every opportunity. If you don't like it then fair enough but don't keep bleating on about it and find a brand you do like . Stop being masochists visiting the forum .
Why are they being masochists? I didn't realise it was a poll, as I am on Tapatalk, but have said that I may/may not purchase again. It is all about the models. They may bring out a model that I have to buy, they may not. Who knows.

Many on here have spent a fortune on CW watches, they have a right to an opinion, and it is a touch disingenuous to suggest that they are a bunch of whiners and to essentially tell them to sod off.

I purchased many CW watches, then went through a phase where I didn't like the direction that CW were going. Accordingly my next purchases were several models from Bremont, Omega, Rolex, Ball etc.

I then had a bit of a resurgence and have purchased another few CW. It is all swings and roundabouts.

One can criticise the watches yet still enjoy the forum.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
You obviously didn't read my post fully, I said I would love to know the names who voted that they would not ever buy CW again . If anyone voted that way I really can't see why they are bothering with the brands forum except to keep expressing the same negativity. Its now been months since the new branding , What a sad way to spend your time slagging off a brand you used to like but now don't agree with its direction.
What the f%#k are you on about?
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Joeegg17
Are you trying to tell members what they can say or not say or vote on what they think on the forum unless it suits you?
joeegg17
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by joeegg17 »

Sorry but it's perfectly simple , as it stands 23% of forum members that voted have no intention of ever buying a Christopher Ward watch ever again .
Not trying to tell anyone how to think, vote etc.
My two penny worth that is allowed to be expressed I think , unless we are living in a communist state.
I also dont like being intimidated with sentences like " what the F%#k are you talking about " #Bully
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Don't tell us how to vote then # w%#$#r
Isis
Expert
Expert

Post by Isis »

Anyone who said "I'm never buying a CW watch again " is a bit daft. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that they will bring out the most lovely watch ever made...obviously it would have yet another logo on it..,
joeegg17
Guru
Guru

Post by joeegg17 »

kiter65 wrote:Don't tell us how to vote then # w%#$#r
Don't think I ever did ? Why are you putting words in my mouth and being so aggressive?
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

That's why
joeegg17
Guru
Guru

Post by joeegg17 »

kiter65 wrote:
That's why
So you did vote that you will never buy another CW again .
Fair enough why didn't you say so in the first place .
No need to get so aggressive and the bad language really isn't my thing so I won't be joining you in a slanging match .
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Page 2 read the the posts before asking members to own up to not wanting to buy CWs again
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

joeegg17 wrote:
kiter65 wrote:
That's why
So you did vote that you will never buy another CW again .
Fair enough why didn't you say so in the first place .
No need to get so aggressive and the bad language really isn't my thing so I won't be joining you in a slanging match .
You call me an idiot then get upset because I reply
joeegg17
Guru
Guru

Post by joeegg17 »

kiter65 wrote:Page 2 read the the posts before asking members to own up to not wanting to buy CWs again

I wasn't stating the members must be revealed , only that I would like to know who they were that would make such a Damning statement that they would NEVER buy another CW .
Sorry you felt you had to jump down the throat of someone who will still buy CW watches .
You should rethink your aproach as your actions could put off members who are easily intimidated thus discouraging them buying CW watches and contributing to the forum in future .
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^^ So what's changed for you since your post of 10 May? :)
"This is extremely sad , we seem to be witnessing the self destruction of the CW brand ."

My view - I really don't get why people get upset one way or the other - if it is a decent looking well made watch, with a good spec, e.g power reserve put it on your maybe or yes list, but if it looks just a bit unbalanced and "disruptive" ignore it. Seems easy enough to me. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

Isis wrote:Anyone who said "I'm never buying a CW watch again " is a bit daft. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that they will bring out the most lovely watch ever made...obviously it would have yet another logo on it..,
That's why I voted waiting for the next re-brand. Not buying any current logo, probably won't buy any old logo"s either as I'm disenchanted but if the MkIV logo returns to some form of sanity then I might be back in........