Buying Intentions

Discuss Christopher Ward watches

Which course of action do you expect to take?

Will only buy new logo CW's
5%
Will only buy old logo CW's
11%
Will buy either logo CW's
51%
Won't buy any more CW's
23%
Will consider buying after next re-brand.
10%

Total votes: 82

PaulJS
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: Buying Intentions

Post by PaulJS »

golfjunky wrote:^^^^^^ Wrong, you've got to like what you see before you even start to think about anything else. ^^^^^^
Absolutely spot on: I like to see 'CHR.WARD LONDON' and I also like to see the big C around the little w. I don't like to see the plain text of the new branding and so for me it doesn't go any further. Maybe I am too hung up on the logo, but I need that feel good factor - there are a number of other brands of which I like the watches but would not buy because I don't like the aesthetics of the logo / branding.
The older I get the better I used to be

Trident Pro White / Blue
C4
Omega Speedmaster II LE
Omega Speedmaster II original-ish
Trident Pro Black/Blue
C70 VW4
C65 LE
C7 MK 1
Scurfa Diver One

Steinhart Ocean One 39
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Moved away from CW a while back. They are a great beginners brand but design errors due to keeping costs down or just bad design (not sure), super cringe worthy marketing and lack of spark, innovation. All of which is starting to get better (the flyer namely)..... well except for the marketing but I've finally admitted they are not a brand for me (like many other brands) which is a shame as like most who have been around her for a while, I had high hopes for a British brand.
I miss all the great things that may never be.
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

Now there's a representative sample of opinions and votes, it's interesting to see that only half of previously committed CW fans and buyers would continue to buy new logo models. It's perhaps a good job that the reception of the re-brand (as observed by CW) to the wider buying public doesn't reflect the same levels of buyer intentions otherwise they would be in serious trouble.

It also shows how out of touch some of us (including me) are with the real world! :lol:
My Name Is Pete
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by My Name Is Pete »

Tyke wrote:Now there's a representative sample of opinions and votes
It's only representative of the opinions of people who have responded in the thread.
Pete
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

My Name Is Pete wrote:
Tyke wrote:Now there's a representative sample of opinions and votes
It's only representative of the opinions of people who have responded in the thread.
Indeed, but that's always the case for polls such as this, it's not an exact science but is a reasonable number to draw some simple conclusions and given the core contributors to the forum don't run into hundreds you have to go with what you can get.

I would suggest we get YouGov in, but then again, they got the last election and the referendum wrong so they can't do representative either......
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

When I worked there was an annual staff opinion survey across the entire Group of 10,000+ staff. The completion rate was typically approx. 70%. Each year the top Executive would try and rationalise the results along the lines of the staff not being critical of them as the most senior execs and board, no it was the fault of directors, EDs and MDs further down the food chain, plus of course those who think all in the garden is rosy don't bother to complete the survey.

I always thought they were being delusional for not taking the data at face value, just because it didn't suit them. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
fissionu235
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by fissionu235 »

I REALLY like the new Power Reserve Flyer, but, would I wear it more/the same/less than what I currently own ? I dunno....... personally, I wish CHR Ward would spend some time on a few decent high-end Quartz models. Always on the lookout for "grab-and-go's" ..... Then, maybe I would bite........ But, I like the collection I am building and aside from the new Flyer, I do not see any additions from the current line, I just am not turned on by them.
joeegg17
Guru
Guru

Post by joeegg17 »

I would love to see the names of the people who voted that they will never buy another CW . I bet some are still posting their negativity and general ill feeling about the brand now and will continue to at every opportunity. If you don't like it then fair enough but don't keep bleating on about it and find a brand you do like . Stop being masochists visiting the forum .
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

joeegg17 wrote:I would love to see the names of the people who voted that they will never buy another CW . I bet some are still posting their negativity and general ill feeling about the brand now and will continue to at every opportunity. If you don't like it then fair enough but don't keep bleating on about it and find a brand you do like . Stop being masochists visiting the forum .
That's how I voted. I can't see myself buying a new model, even though I really like the utc. The company have stated this branding is here to stay, so my money will go elsewhere.

The forum is a great place for enthusiasts, not just CW fanatics.

How did you vote?
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
joeegg17
Guru
Guru

Post by joeegg17 »

jtc wrote:
joeegg17 wrote:I would love to see the names of the people who voted that they will never buy another CW . I bet some are still posting their negativity and general ill feeling about the brand now and will continue to at every opportunity. If you don't like it then fair enough but don't keep bleating on about it and find a brand you do like . Stop being masochists visiting the forum .
That's how I voted. I can't see myself buying a new model, even though I really like the utc. The company have stated this branding is here to stay, so my money will go elsewhere.

The forum is a great place for enthusiasts, not just CW fanatics.

How did you vote?
I voted will buy both and your obviously not the kind my post was aimed at , there are a few who are on the forum without a single positive thing to say and I just wonder why they bother .
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

Anything with the new logo at 9o/c is a no-no for me. At 12o/c as per the new power reserve, I'd consider it if the watch had the wow factor at the right price point (obviously subjective). If the price gets to the point where it's in competition with more established brands, then it would really have to be something extra special to win me over. I think the brand is between a rock and a hard place and I'm not sure what the future holds for it.
'Tis me
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

I take it you don't want anyone to vote that they will never buy a CW again then? Not a lot of point in having a poll if you don't want members to voice their opinion
Not a lot of point in having a forum if we all have to agree
And I voted will not be buying a CW again but if you read the thread you would know that and other members who voted that way
Isis
Expert
Expert

Post by Isis »

I seriously doubt this is the final & one rebrand to rule them all & in the darkness bind them, as far as CWL is concerned. :lol:
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Why are they being masochists? I didn't realise it was a poll, as I am on Tapatalk, but have said that I may/may not purchase again. It is all about the models. They may bring out a model that I have to buy, they may not. Who knows.

Many on here have spent a fortune on CW watches, they have a right to an opinion, and it is a touch disingenuous to suggest that they are a bunch of whiners and to essentially tell them to sod off.

I purchased many CW watches, then went through a phase where I didn't like the direction that CW were going. Accordingly my next purchases were several models from Bremont, Omega, Rolex, Ball etc.

I then had a bit of a resurgence and have purchased another few CW. It is all swings and roundabouts.

One can criticise the watches yet still enjoy the forum.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
joeegg17
Guru
Guru

Post by joeegg17 »

smegwina wrote:
Why are they being masochists? I didn't realise it was a poll, as I am on Tapatalk, but have said that I may/may not purchase again. It is all about the models. They may bring out a model that I have to buy, they may not. Who knows.

Many on here have spent a fortune on CW watches, they have a right to an opinion, and it is a touch disingenuous to suggest that they are a bunch of whiners and to essentially tell them to sod off.

I purchased many CW watches, then went through a phase where I didn't like the direction that CW were going. Accordingly my next purchases were several models from Bremont, Omega, Rolex, Ball etc.

I then had a bit of a resurgence and have purchased another few CW. It is all swings and roundabouts.

One can criticise the watches yet still enjoy the forum.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
You obviously didn't read my post fully, I said I would love to know the names who voted that they would not ever buy CW again . If anyone voted that way I really can't see why they are bothering with the brands forum except to keep expressing the same negativity. Its now been months since the new branding , What a sad way to spend your time slagging off a brand you used to like but now don't agree with its direction.