C60 Bronze?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
watchtheclock
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Re: C60 Bronze?

Post by watchtheclock »

nordwulf wrote:It can take an additional month before we receive Loupe in the US. You can read it online here: https://issuu.com/christopher-ward/docs ... pe06_issuu
Thanks! I didn't think of that.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
CW C11 MSL MK1 Automatic, CW C60 Trident Pro Blue/Blue, CW C8 Power Reserve, Baume & Mercier Classim, Shinola Runwell Chrono, Lumtech Bull 45 Green dial. Looking for a C8 Regulator Steel.
Stuart1
Senior
Senior

Post by Stuart1 »

Still not sure if I can live with the bronze. The steinhart is always worth a punt to give it a try.
baldrick
Senior
Senior

Post by baldrick »

Possibly a lighter blue than the earlier renders (which were more petrol-blue)? Hard to tell from that pic....

Anyway, price isn't too bad - would consider paying the extra 50 for a bespoke version with different logo (assuming sufficient like-minded folk, of course).

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
matt55
Expert
Expert

Post by matt55 »

First day delight then when all the ageing starts it would soon disappoint , not my cup of tea but then I've never been much of a fan of the trident anyway , so I'm out on this one :thumbdown:
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

matt55 wrote:First day delight then when all the ageing starts it would soon disappoint , not my cup of tea but then I've never been much of a fan of the trident anyway , so I'm out on this one :thumbdown:
Im in this camp. I think it looks great in the photos. But depending on how it ages would be too much of a gamble for me to risk £700+. I love my Tridents however.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
monkwearmouth
Senior
Senior

C60 Bronze?

Post by monkwearmouth »

I just got a H2O Orca bronze on a preorder , which came to £800. So the Trident price is about right. Im a big fan of bronze and brass in watches. I have a Helson, Armida and a couple of Maranez. Never had any issues and I enjoy watching them age with me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
addi564
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 12

Post by addi564 »

baldrick wrote:Possibly a lighter blue than the earlier renders (which were more petrol-blue)? Hard to tell from that pic....

Anyway, price isn't too bad - would consider paying the extra 50 for a bespoke version with different logo (assuming sufficient like-minded folk, of course).

Are you hinting at the next FLE

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
C60 Trident 38mm on rubber and GMT on bracelet
C6 Kingfisher black dial on rubber and white dial on bracelet
C5 FLE and C3 FLE
C65 Vintage on bracelet
Tag Heuer F1 Calibre 5
Breitling Superocean 42
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

C60 Bronze?

Post by gaf1958 »

baldrick wrote:Anyway, price isn't too bad - would consider paying the extra 50 for a bespoke version with different logo (assuming sufficient like-minded folk, of course).
If CW do a custom version, whether it be FLE, a club or armed forces, they don't / won't change the logo.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
eric72
Senior
Senior

Post by eric72 »

I am in for one. Will be me 3rd Ttrident. Already own Bronze watches (Borealis and Anonimo) and had even more in the past.

But you need to like the Change of the material.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk
baldrick
Senior
Senior

Post by baldrick »

gaf1958 wrote:
baldrick wrote:Anyway, price isn't too bad - would consider paying the extra 50 for a bespoke version with different logo (assuming sufficient like-minded folk, of course).
If CW do a custom version, whether it be FLE, a club or armed forces, they don't / won't change the logo.
Yes but they've already used the flag logo in at least one model and, presumably, one could also play with logo position (put it at 12) and colours (have a dark blue logo on a dark blue dial (I.e. invisible :lol:))

daniel_83
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by daniel_83 »

I agree with most of the posts here that selling this as a limited edition would be the best way to introduce it to the marketplace.

I quite like the look of this but I love every trident and perhaps it's just a new colour variation that intrigues me.

I would be quite worried about the issue of ease of causing marks to the bronze as I wear my Trident everyday to work and really should be more careful with it, but thankfully steel in very forgiving.

With that said, I am still really looking forward to seeing developments in this line.

Daniel.
C60 Mk3 GMT
Rolex Explorer 214270
Rolex YM40 rhodium 126622
eric72
Senior
Senior

Post by eric72 »

Marks in bronze patinate again. So less need to worry than with steel.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

eric72 wrote: Image
Just thought I would say how much I love that watch and the bronze bezel / dial combination! :thumbup:
'Tis me
JimboJames1972
Senior
Senior

Post by JimboJames1972 »

I'd be very, very keen to try one of these, if it came in 38mm size!
J
UsefulG
Senior
Senior

Post by UsefulG »

My wife is very keen on this watch after reading the Loupe magazine this morning and a 38mm option would be good for her.